It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor's Time Machine Identified?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I didn't know which forum this would be best in, but i figured the Sci&tech crew might be the best to help out with some answers. That being said...

I'd like to start by saying i do not think John Titor was a time traveler. While he was very open with pictures and information and well versed on obscure computer knowledge and physics, he did not offer any real proof and thus lived up to the fact that he didn't expect anyone to believe him.

However, I can find no solid debunking of any of his claims. I was wondering if anyone did indeed come across and obvious flaws in anything Titor posted.

His machine is theoreticaly functional. At first glance it looked ridiculously low tech though i'm sure a modern computer would look like just wires and chips of silicon to a 1940's computer engineer. Basicly, i couldn't find anything like his time machine nor anyone who had identified it or its parts.

His physics had no flaws. Aside from undergrads who are tackling the theory unequipped there is no argument agianst the theory behind his machine. More so, the few physicist who have killed a few hour looking at the theory behind it either agree or can't deny it possibility (including myself).

I guess the only real test is to see if the US breaks out in civil war this year or next. His predictions of CERN creating microsingularities doesn't impress me too much since the new collider at CERN has been a long time in the making and always with the goal of creating microsingularities.

Anyways, anyone have anything? I can't come up with anything obviously wrong with his info, no matter how much a time traveling Corrvette makes me want to laugh.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I remember reading a novel in 1987 where Hitlerhad conquered Europe and was making inroads towards the US. Soldiers were sent back in time to the beginning of the war in order to change the outcome. In the end a lot of it was just like Titor said - the time travellers were able to change the outcome but in doing so created a new time-line. So the original time-line ended with Hitler conquering the world, whereas in the new one, Hitler lost.

It was a pretty good book, but I forget the title. I do, however, remember reading it while sitting on a Romanian toilet suffering from Transylvanian trots.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
We must remember he said the civil war will start slowly in 2004, but will only be noticed or will be in full scale by 2008. People keep saying wait until 2004 - 2005 to see if his theories come true.......we must wait until 2008

But we our direct path to his predictions. If Bush gets elected in 2004, that will be the first initial step. Its amazing this man came with these predictions before 9/11. That is what makes his theories very believable. Especially when he refers to Gestapo-style tactics by the government. Lets fast forward to present day America, patriot acts being passed that drastically reduce personal freedoms, Secret Trials being waged on citizens.

Strap on your seatbelts, because were going to be in for the ride that dangers our lives if Bush gets elected in 2004

I keep warning people that if Bush gets elected things our going to drop even further downhill
Were talking about an group of people that have
* Stole an election
* Staged a terrorist attack killing 3000 of their own citizens
* Waged 2 false wars
* Killed thousands of citizens abroad
* Created Terrorism for years to come

We haven�t seen nothing yet���if they have the balls to pull these off then nothing is out of range

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If you go to this LINK you may find more info.If I am not mistaken it was the original forums John Titor posted to.I was following the posts as they happened back then.There are alot of people who do a great job at trying to debunk him and there are some great debates on the subject if you look into all the posts.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Thanks.

New with edit....
That didn't help. All the counter arguments are full of falicies and incorrect physics.

I'll just have to mark Titor as either the first known time traveler or the best hoaxer ever. We'll see in 2005 i guess.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by ScienceGuyQ]

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by ScienceGuyQ]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
If you go to this LINK you may find more info.If I am not mistaken it was the original forums John Titor posted to.I was following the posts as they happened back then.

Now that will be something to get my teeth into.
Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
See this Posting.Very interesting.He clais Titor followed the script of a RPG (role play game)Here is the Story and it looks almost identical to the timeline that John Titor spoke of.Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have been following this things for a few months now. The link to those forums are not the ones Titor posted in, its just the best place to talk about him.
I find this Titor guy to be a great con artist and story writer. The story itself is great but I just don't think it's true. Alot of what he says about the future after a nuclear attack can be found in the book Alas Babylon, written in 1959. There is a person on the anomalies forums who totally believes his story and is supposed to have proof but wont tell anyone what it is. Anyway just go to www.johntitor.com or search for john titor and you will find alot of stuff about this great STORY.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've heard very little about this before. Is there a website that summarizes what Titor has said? I know I can just google it but I'm not sure which sites are "legitimate". Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Titor's a hoax, and his "time machine" doesn't exist. It's a con.

See the "FRAUDS" section of the forum library.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We did more research on this than you can shake a stick at, and yes, it's been debunked completely, as far as I'm concerned. Read this thread from the beginning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pay special attention to what Dr. Brown (physicist we talked to) had to say. I think the email quotes start somewhere around page 14 or 15, maybe?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
We did more research on this than you can shake a stick at, and yes, it's been debunked completely, as far as I'm concerned. Read this thread from the beginning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pay special attention to what Dr. Brown (physicist we talked to) had to say. I think the email quotes start somewhere around page 14 or 15, maybe?

I wish that was what i was looking for but it wasn't.

I have a buddy who works on military computers for a gov contractor who after looking into it confirmed the 5100 info. Part of the astounding thing is that my buddy who used to have a 5160 had no clue about the 5100 until he looked into it. I'm satisfied with my friends knowledge of computers and honesty, and trust him WAY more than any text i see on the web.

The UNIX Epoch is nothing special. I've worked with unix enough to have been aware of the issue with 2038 myself, so i wasn't surprised or impressed with Titors knowledge of it.

The physics behind his tie machine are solid. There are even a few thing within it that seem to be based on string theory yet to be developed. It looks like theory is headed that way but to date it is missing a few key things. Toroidal microsingularities are already schedueled for the new CERN collider too. Though the collider was going to be used for just "microsingularities" the toroidal singularities just popped outta theory over the last 12 months.

His world line concept of time travel is also supported by theory, though i'm not impressed by it because not only is it a 20 year old concept but was even used in the sci-fi book Timeline by Michael Criton.

Part of my facination with Titor is that i find myself on opposite ground with him then i do with other things i come across on ATS. This time i see debunkers making unfounded leaps and arguments riddled with falacies.

While i think Titor was just very good at fooling people, it is that fact that amazes me. He was probably just a well educated or read guy messing with people but nothing he said was incorrect, technicaly. As for his predictions and possible contradictions of himself i really don't care, people do that all the time when both lying and telling the truth. What does atound me is that he is shrugged off as a hoax when i see no good form of debunking.

Basicly, i'm confused as to why the first person to have some extreme story that does mesh with science is being ignored.

Ah well, in a year or two we will or won't be at civil war and it will be a mute point. But either he was the best hoaxer I've ever encountered (my current belief) or a time traveler (or rather dimentional traveler).

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We also had a research thread on the subject. I'm not sure where it went, but the 5100 thing is nothing secret. I also researched that. There was a simple toggle switch that allowed mode switching. Any electronics tech and/or old IBM guy could easily modify such a thing. That's not even impressive. I know you didn't read that whole thread in the time it took you to post the reply above. I actually wanted it to be true, at first, but after talking to a few old IBM people, and Dr. Brown, I'm quite convinced that it was an elaborate hoax.

[Edited on 1-15-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dusty
There is a person on the anomalies forums who totally believes his story and is supposed to have proof but wont tell anyone what it is.

I've seen that truth, its a government schematic for the time machine, its factual but says nothing about Titor being true.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ScienceGuy I'm with you. Reading through his posts, I do not believe there is any credidible debunking information.

Technically John seemed to know what he was talking about. As much as I wanted to believe, I still think a time travelling Corvette is rather amusing

000033548311*^.0

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hhm... I am trying to see if the great storyteller ignores the "Free Lunch" theory. I think that posting pictures of his time machine was a big no no that time travellers should be educated about. Unless of course he is an accidental time traveler, like in Back to the Future.

You have to hand it to him though, that guy was pretty smart.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Speaking of which, did anyone see that cut-away diagram of the D204 Unit it's self? ScienceGuyQ?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I saw it. That is a big mistake that a time traveler can make. If someone (probably a scientist) saw that and built a time machine based on it, then that would create a paradox type deal.
You see, if someone from our time writes a piece of music ,and then in the future a time traveler brings it back to that person before he writes it, and he uses it to write his song, then who wrote the song?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamlucas
Speaking of which, did anyone see that cut-away diagram of the D204 Unit it's self? ScienceGuyQ?

No. Have a link?

You see, if someone from our time writes a piece of music ,and then in the future a time traveler brings it back to that person before he writes it, and he uses it to write his song, then who wrote the song?

You are thinking of time as a linear thing in a single universe. This is not the case. Time travel would actualy be jumping sideways into dimension that look like our past and are very close to our past. John Titor called them world lines, current physics call them perpendicular time variations. Since perpendicular time involves infinity it is kind of hard to grasp but time travel would appear a lot like you would think except there are no paradox because you are actualy in a different universe each time you jump. Even when you go back to where you started it only is a universe very close to the one you left, not the exact same one. the degree of seperation is based on how far you jump and compounded differences between the variations. I think Titor talked of this as well. He would be going back to a universe where another him had indeed went into the past with the exact same mission but it would not be the EXACT universe he had left. In theory it still accoplishes its goal though since yet another Titor from yet another universe would go back to the one he left. Basicly it is time dimensional travel that to all observers look exactly like time travel. Though with enough divergence you would find universes where he never returned, yet more divergence and he never existed in the first place, yet more and you could even find universes where earth never formed. I attended several great lectures by Penrose on perpendicular time back when i was an undergrad, it was great stuff, though at the time was mostly used when talking about quantum actions of particles. Later with string theory it started to become more evident that the implications were bigger.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join