It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

government tracking our computers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think it was the NSA, as I did contact the FBI in protest and also offered my cooperation if I could be of help.
They laughed at me, and told me to take "whatever" objects I had and throw them in the ocean.
I guess they were doing their job (assuming it was the feds) as my background has taken me to many countries, including the middle east, etc. and even though I am not a criminal I guess I made a hell of an impression with my profile. All this began right before 9/11, I might add. Was a mean day, 9/11, and it was a wierd feeling to see Oahu totally shut down.
I guess it may have went down as what a terrorist could do with those server computers, I am no techno genius so I cannot answer this, and as I fit a profile because of my past occupations and the places I went they went all out to get to know me.
It is not an expierience I care to go through again, that's for sure.
I believe much of the surveillance is done through a system that utilizes these "very small" objects and they work through the digital pcs network, and the towers, the one I managed to positively be able to say was foreign is mounted in a translucent substance, of all places, in a tube of toothpaste. I know you are probaly laughing as you read this but I swear I speak the truth-
I felt it as I got to the end of the tube, opened it with a razor, and there it was...you cannot see it from the outside of the tube, but if you look from the inside there is a substance that is clear and allows light to pass through from outside to the tiny object embedded in this clear substance I mentioned...
Anyhow, computers are the primary source of information now. Just a keyword links you to big computers, as is the same on our phone system, by just stating a key word. Computers monitor now, not people.
And keywords are how NSA and others filter everything to reference. And if they take an interest in you, it is a most unpleasent expierience.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
can you take a pic of one of theys tracking devices?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I can- I guess I could photo it from both sides, so the light affect could be seen, and I have a digital camera so yeah, I tell you what, in the morning tommorow I will do this if you would like to see. I would be curious as to what it actually is, and maybe here at ATS someone can be specific in id of this object. I can send it to you or upload here, either way is fine with me.
I would also consider letting a credible member looking at it first hand, send it in the mail or whatever. I have no attachment to it, that's for sure. Just a remnant from a bad expierience....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
...the carnivore system...

About that system, I found out some very interesting information on that just the other night.

*Excerpt from book- "Naked in Cyberspace, how to find personal information online, written by Carole A. Lane.*

Carnivore System, is the FBIs internet wiretap system.
Carnivore is attached either when law enforcement has court order under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) permitting it to intercept in real time the contents of the electronic communications of a specific individual, or allowing it to obtain the "numbers" related to communications from or to a specified target.
Unlike a tradional wiretap of a conventional phone line, Carnivore gives the FBI access to all traffic over the ISPs network, not just the Communication to or from a particular target. Carnivore, which is capable of analyzing millions of messages per second, purportedly retains only the messages of the specified target. Further information about Carnivore can be found at the FBIs Web site at www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/carnivore/carnivore.htm

Page 221- Criminal Justice Records

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
CLANDESTINE EAR

Edit is because of a double post. Internet hiccup!

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by soothsayer]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
CLANDESTINE EAR

"This much is known: A 560-acre complex of satellite dishes in Menwith Hill, England, run by the United States' National Security Agency may be the largest surveillance station in the world. What's unclear is the station's connection with the program known as Echelon, which can intercept and analyze telephone and computer transmissions from around the globe. NSA is quiet on the matter, but outside experts say the agency's supercomputers scan millions of ordinary phone calls and e-mails an hour."

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
CLANDESTINE EAR

"This much is known: A 560-acre complex of satellite dishes in Menwith Hill, England, run by the United States' National Security Agency may be the largest surveillance station in the world. What's unclear is the station's connection with the program known as Echelon, which can intercept and analyze telephone and computer transmissions from around the globe. NSA is quiet on the matter, but outside experts say the agency's supercomputers scan millions of ordinary phone calls and e-mails an hour."

very interesting. Thanks for the information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join