It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels under America!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
According to many there is now an extensive tunnel system under the US and Canada and other countries also. It is believed that many military bases are now underground and likely interconnected.

Do you know about underground bases near you?

Do you believe the tunnels and underground bases exist?

Do you believe these bases contain aliens?

standeyo.com...

Since 1951, huge tunnel boring machines have been at work burrowing under America. Most of these tunnels were for classified uses such as missile silos and other strategic targets. We believe the tunnels have been made to connect existing underground caves and caverns to save both the time and the expense of drilling. As the drilling varies on the rock hardness, they would choose soft limestone rock (called karst) to speed up the drilling. Some machines drill as slowly as 18 feet per day and others more rapidly. At 18-30 feet per day it would take from 6 to 10 months to drill a mile; so you can see why using existing caves and caverns would be attractive.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have alot of family in the military, in the airforce, navy, and Army. Two of my uncles have said they served in an "Underground" base in Nebraska. Some of it is above ground and alot below including a parking lot, buildings, etc. They said most people around it knew and it wasnt top secret, but they have heard of other "Underground" bases too, but said nothing of them being connected. They said when you go they say there underground so they arent obvious military targets if we go to war or terrorism etc.

[Edited on 11-25-2003 by Ruggeder]

[Edited on 11-25-2003 by Ruggeder]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a network of canals under America, probably build during the Cold War.

I've heard many stories of tunnels...but none about Aliens.

All I've heard is that tunnels linked all major cities to one another.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
According to many there is now an extensive tunnel system under the US and Canada and other countries also. It is believed that many military bases are now underground and likely interconnected.

Do you know about underground bases near you?

Do you believe the tunnels and underground bases exist?

Do you believe these bases contain aliens?

standeyo.com...

Since 1951, huge tunnel boring machines have been at work burrowing under America. Most of these tunnels were for classified uses such as missile silos and other strategic targets. We believe the tunnels have been made to connect existing underground caves and caverns to save both the time and the expense of drilling. As the drilling varies on the rock hardness, they would choose soft limestone rock (called karst) to speed up the drilling. Some machines drill as slowly as 18 feet per day and others more rapidly. At 18-30 feet per day it would take from 6 to 10 months to drill a mile; so you can see why using existing caves and caverns would be attractive.

well i live next to usstratcom in omaha neb. of course theres tunnles

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My question is why wouldn't there be? There is probably a lot of demolition work, too. If half of what the dulce papers say is true, then there might just be an entire subterrainian highway down there.

DE

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
yeah its possible here in australia there is suppose to natural underground system which some the military has supposedly turned into base but there is suppose massive areas underground in australia i might try and get land where part leads to under ground and build a house there.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   

WOW!

15-30 feet per day is really really slow. I thinkit's gonna be a while until they connect the entire US. Actually, by the time they finish with the tunnels, the US will probably not exist anymore!

Is this the reason why for those "Call before you dig" ads?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think that's just raw drilling... it goes hella faster when you use explosives too.

DE

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
first of all I am shocked that this thread drew so little interest WTF?

secondly,

if you have enough of these machines and better ones too working underthere for decades,

and then connect to all existing open areas and caverns,

then it becomes obvious that there is annother whole civilization potentially under there that most people are NOT aware of.

my question is this;

why does this exist (if it does) and what role does it play in the decade or so to come?

is this not more important than talking about bubblegum?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'd wager: That most military and government operations that are visited or run by high officials would have some means with which to escape in the event of an all out missile assault from another nation.

With modern technology it is very possible to have an intricate system of tunnels connecting major military installations. The problem is covering the distance between bases quickly. Chances are that if these tunnels exist, there is a railway with very fast cars.
Basically it would be a military transit system and not a big deal, it's to ensure the safety of sensitive information and important people.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canuck
I'd wager: That most military and government operations that are visited or run by high officials would have some means with which to escape in the event of an all out missile assault from another nation.

With modern technology it is very possible to have an intricate system of tunnels connecting major military installations. The problem is covering the distance between bases quickly. Chances are that if these tunnels exist, there is a railway with very fast cars.
Basically it would be a military transit system and not a big deal, it's to ensure the safety of sensitive information and important people.

I agree that this is the most likely case if the tunnels exist, but it certainly is a big deal when you think about it. Tunnels linking major facilities, even regionally, would be a huge advantage for tactical deployment and resupply in the unlikely case of an invasion scenario. Add to that the ability to evacuate critical personnel in government or military circles in the event of an attack or some other catastrophe and you can see how this could be something that either has been planned or is being constructed as we speak.

I'm always very curious about underground installations and facilities, personally. And while I find the information in the article to be interesting, it's too short for my tastes. I understand that the site is just a teaser to draw you in and get you to buy their books, but has anyone read any books or other non-web materials on the subject?

Is there more info out there on this topic?
Can we get a third-party confirmation that this patent is really what the authors say it is?
Anyone have first-hand information on these kinds of sites?

I really feel like we need to have more information before too much speculation can be done. It could just be something they think is possible and that someone once proposed. We know that tunneling and excavating is a possibility to create secure sites, such as Cheyenne Mountain.

But for now, there are more questions than answers as to the "hows" "wheres" and "whys" of this project.

Anyone have time to dig for more answers?

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have read a very good book on the whole subject of underground bases and tunnels by Richard Sauder. It makes for interesting reading as there are many maps and plans.

Its pretty obvious there is some underground tunneling, simply due to the fact that in the event of an attack by an enemy, you need to hide government and other important officials. The US even sold one of their now obsolote ones on the open market.

The technology is there, and it has been used, even on area 51.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think there is also a theory that there is an underground base in Detroit, in the old salt mines.

An expansion on this theory is that there are UN troops hidden there, waiting for the takeover of America. I believe this is a popular arguement used by the militias. They also say that the barcodes on the back of stop, and other streetsigns, are there to be used by invading UN forces for directions.

Just what I've heard. Cannot confirm any of it. If anyone has ever heard of this, please post a link.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well in Liverpool there was some mystery surrounding Joseph Williamson tunnels, with only a few sections of it finally being opened to the public a few years ago (I know alot of people who are eager to see the rest, there are all kinds of rumours but of course there always are with this kind of thing).

It obviously isn't as vast as probably the ones in America but it was strange news for a while, why did he build the tunnels?

Here's a good article about it here on the BBC site, I'm sure you'd find alot more if you do a search in google.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Unfortunately documents that could've shed some light on the mystery were sold on by his maid.

"That job is not made any easier by the fact that his housekeeper sold all his personal documents after he died aged 70 in 1840.

Lynn is hopeful that some records will turn up or that the people of Liverpool may have a vital piece of oral history passed down through the generations - although she admits that Williamson may be spinning in his grave at the thought.

"He would be mortified if he knew that we had found all this and people were tramping through - he tried to keep it secret all his life," she says.

Anyway there's alot more details at the site, it's not exactly the big conspiracy kind of thing you were after I know, but it's still a really interesting mystery.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
iv heard of people i think called tunnelrats or something like that, that live and work underground making tunnels underground, the only way you can get that job is by being born into it. if this is true then there probably are tunnels everywhere. i think and its just my opinion that there are things underground. look at the benefits. satellite cant find you (i think), you can pretty much do whatever you want and nobody will ever know. theres only so far we can go by building up. cities have buildings that are very tall, but they are also out in the open, and with attacks like 9-11 we can see that buildings are not the best choice of housing people especially millitary instalments(obviously they would be seen easily. iv also heard of an entire underground city that russia is building there was a thread about this already but i cant find it. so if these bases do exist then tunnels connecting them probably do exist. the money isue must not matter if the bases exist already, they can build them no matter what.
iv also heard about the bar codes on the backs of signs iv seen a couple but not many and never got a chance to actually get up close to one. but there are many sites about them. i guess youll have to find them.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Some of the things that make me very skeptical about massive tunnels under the country are this:

1) What happens to all the excavated soil? We are talking about MOUNTAINS of it, easy to spot from space.

2) Ventilation ducts, pumping stations, all sorts of odds and sods should be on the surface, not one indication that they are there.

3) Absolute lack of any evidence that they exist outside of heresay evidence of "somones friend / brother / uncle

4) 1000's of people must be involved, not just at the tunnel face, but office, admin, catering, waste removal, etc etc etc. No way would this be kept silent for so long.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Some of the things that make me very skeptical about massive tunnels under the country are this:

1) What happens to all the excavated soil? We are talking about MOUNTAINS of it, easy to spot from space.

2) Ventilation ducts, pumping stations, all sorts of odds and sods should be on the surface, not one indication that they are there.

3) Absolute lack of any evidence that they exist outside of heresay evidence of "somones friend / brother / uncle

4) 1000's of people must be involved, not just at the tunnel face, but office, admin, catering, waste removal, etc etc etc. No way would this be kept silent for so long.

Not to mention....
if there were that many tunnels criss-crossing the States, don't you think there'd be a huge sinkhole problem? Like, a huge sinkhole opening up whenever the ground gets too saturated or there's a medium-sized earthquake?
It'd be like living on a giant hunk of Swiss cheese, only not as tasty.
Underground bases....yes.
Massive tunnels traversing the country? Um, no. Not geologically feasible.

-B.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The Morlock tunnel

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i remember this thread a few years ago.
if the have the ability, i'm sure its been done to aN extent. we have subways and highways underground, so its possible. I doubt they stretch to connect every city, but with huge underground waterways and all underground installments, it seems like fact. but its trus that so many people must have first hand knowledge of this that it wouldnt be secret for long.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Some good posts!

There is believed to be nuclear powered tunnelling machines used by the military which actually melt rock rather than bore through it.

This process produces a hard, smooth and sealed tunnel that looks like a glass tube.

These tunnels would be hundreds of feet below ground and would avoid for the most part any surface interference.

The reason I brought up the tunnels besides the idea of them, is that they have hidden purposes.

The most troubling possibility is that the tunnels will hold an invasion force that will rise out of the ground when the time is most opportune to take control of humanity.

When we are looking to the skies and the seas and the lands for invaders we may miss them when they suddenly pop up right around us out of nowhere.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join