It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the US presidency stolen in the last election?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I am British and would like to see the mindset of individuals on this site.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have a question for you, how many elections are not stolen from the people?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That rhetorical question may well be correct in what it implies, but does not give me your opinion..!!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
At what point does someone believe they are doing the right thing and allows corruption to take the lead?

Michael Moore has a lot to say on the subject..!

I believed that the British involvment was forced upon them, in a bid to control what the US did Tony Blair decided to sit on Bush's shoulder.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Since you asked for my opinion I will give it.

I don't know whether the election was stolen or not.

Lest someone here attack me as ignorant I have to say that there appears to be a lot of interference on both sides such that it is difficult for me to say which side was most 'effective.'

Also consider that the liberals lost power and the conservatives gained it. So the question is who wanted to win more? Who had the most to lose? See what I mean?

Regarding Mr. Moore, we have raised the subject of this man here several times before and beaware that he even claims his own work is not entirely truthful, I believe he calls it satire.'

Regarding Britain you may be partly correct. There are people in Britain high up that desire close and strong ties to the US at any cost. Then there are those that desire unification with the European mainland. Realize that this is what it is all about. Now ask yourself who these people may be and why they would think this way?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Koka said:
"Michael Moore has a lot to say on the subject..!"

It's also a well known fact that this particular subject and topic has been discussed multiple times here at ATS.......a simple 'key word' search would have revealed this....

It's also debatable as to the fallacy and infallacy of Mr. Micheal Moore......kind of goes along the lines of: If he told you that you would not die from jumping from a cliff, would you jump? Micheal Moore has opinion, views, and beliefs, as does many others....are they all empirical, factual, supported? Do I necessarily believe everything that comes out of his mouth or many others...no.....I will remain and watch as those who wish to jump of that cliff....jump.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There are many points to be considered in the "theft" of the election, and many more to come if/when voting goes electronic.
Was the election "stolen"? In a manner of speaking, yes.
My personal belief is that the world is in much worse shape than bush found it in and something needs to be done before it is completely out of control.

As for Michael Moore, he has a lot to say..period. His documenteries are interesting to watch, but he needs to keep a lower profile. He is shooting off his mouth and will lose credibility soon if he isn't careful. I think that he is saying things that need to be heard, just not from a publicity seeking oaf.

p.s. Seekerof is quite correct, this has been discussed many times. (as if I am innocent of the same mistake
)
Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Mark Thomas is our British born equivalent to MM, he uses the same tools, satire, in his approach to unravelling political wrong doings. Unfortunately, due to the nature of there work, they are seldom given free access to all the facts, but what they do succeed in doing is awaken those that blindly believe into questioning the authority that governs and manipulates them.
In there research you'll find gaps, that is of no doub't, but where available, and in most cases, they provide the source of there statement.
There is always the fear that when using satire the blind may take it literally.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Satire noted....
"the blind" is relative and needs to be defined.....it's all boils down to what you consider to be or wish to see as the "truth."
Information used to support a position can be countered, often times with the very same information used to support. Micheal Moore is no exception.
"Truth" is relative in that it is based on what one thinks makes the "truth.".....perception, not necessarily one being blind as to the information or one being able "to see" said information.....it's all subjective and based on one's personnal views, beliefs, opinions, etc.....again, just like Micheal Moore's.....

One could easily ascribe Micheal Moore as the "Piped(sp) Piper"...the blind leading the blind, etc., etc.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Read a book called 'The Best Democracy Money Can Buy', by a guy called Greg Palast. It is very illuminating.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It was the first election in US history where the 'president' was appointed by the Supreme Court after their awarding of electoral college votes for the cliffhanger state to the candidate in question.

To the extent that the Supreme Court acting to intervene in due process before the completion of recounting to prescribed standards demanded by another Court might constitue theft, then yes it must be theft, or if it doesn't, then no it's not.

The future could well be worse though until Americans wake up to not just their freedoms but also their basic democratic right being eroded and removed through deliberate corruption of non-paper-based methods.

The extent of corruption is in the "only in America" category, and it is not that widely different from armed forces menacing voters leaving polling stations in third world countries, who make sure the voter has not made a mistake. It's just white collar crime in the US instead.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't say it was "stolen" per se...
...More like "purchased"...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The future could well be worse though until Americans wake up to not just their freedoms but also their basic democratic right being eroded and removed through deliberate corruption of non-paper-based methods.

It's not just "Rights" & "Liberties" that have eroded...It's the "duties" & "responsibilities" to maintain those Rights & Liberties that have been ignored by too many citizens.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The fiasco of the 2000 election is proof enough that something not right at all happened.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
oh yes the election was stolen, and its not the first time either, its just that Bush did it so badly it was pathetic, the one state it all hinged on was Florida where the little brother is governor, come on what a joke. My fear is that he will do it again only this time with more power less likely to do such a bang up bad job. The 1960 election won by the democrats was stolen also, I will post a link on this soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Masked was closest I think. The election just showed that we truly do not have a choice. Gore wins the popular vote, but is not our president? Its something like the 2nd time in history or something? Bad part is, I was for the cowboy, not the plastic man.

From the land of wrestlers for leaders....

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

I am British and would like to see the mindset of individuals on this site.

Yes, it was stolen, but like the old saying that the best way to hide is in plain sight, it was done with making laws so pounded like clay & shaped to their own ends by the Republican Supreme Court, many of those who are Conservatives and were voting for Bush didn't/won't notice that the democratic process was manipulated for political gain.

Simple litmus test:

A court ruling must have a specific law(s) sighted as to the legitimacy of said ruling. In the case of the 2000 election stoppage by the US Supreme Court, the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution was the sole legal justification.

Amendment XIV

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

No matter the debate variables, this is the legal reason that the USSC stated to install GW Bush as president. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how a statewide recount with no predetermined winner DEPRIVED BUSH OF 'LIFE, LIBERTY, PROPERTY or DUE PROCESS'!?!?!?!?!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The election was most definitely stolen. A key players in the operation was none other than Florida's own Kathleen Harris, who removed tens of thousands of elligible voters from the voter list. Kind of a coincidence that GW Bush's brother was the governer of the state of Florida at the time!

Does anyone have that a link to that flash movie that explains about the numbers involved, etc?

Our president was not elected, he was selected. It has been demonstrated several times on ATS that the entire Bush family has royal bloodlines. For the next election, it will likely be a forced choice, either because of severe terrorism, threat of nuclear war, or simply because the candidates all stand for the same globalist policies.

By the way, it is strange what Hitler said about state-sponsored terrorism. Curiously enough, GW Bush's grandfather Prescott Bush funded Hitler through the Rothschilds, big surprise there. Oh, and his father was head of the CIA. Fascism is fascism.)

And when Bush was elected, there was already talk about how he would probably end up finishing his daddy's war in Iraq. Suddenly there are lies about WMD's, healthy WMD experts suspiciously committing suicide, and an attorney general who would like nothing more than to pass legislation that effectively erases the 1st and 2nd amendments.

The election is the least of our problems.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
YOU GUYS BETTER HOPE BUSH IS REELECTED BECAUSE IF THE DEMS ARE IN THE US AND OUR MEAGER MILITARY WILL SUFFER MORE THAN YOU CAN KNOW I WAS IN THE ARMY WHEN BILLY BOB TOOK OVER AND HE STARTED VOLUNTARY SEPERATIONS AND OUR NATIONAL DEFENSE SUFFERED BESIDES THE DEMS ARE TREE HUGGING HIPPIES ANYWAY

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Stolen....I'm not sure about that. But I do believe that it was an election that should not have won in the manner it which it was, something was wrong somwhere in the system that allowed it to be!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join