It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just awoke to a shadow being / hallucination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was dreaming and all of a sudden I woke up to a scarey voice yelling
GET OUT GET OUT repeatedly. I also hallucinated a "shadow being" standing near my bed while I was hearing this. I have experienced sleep paralysis before but never with any audible or visual hallucinations after waking up.

It scared me into getting out of bed thats for sure. Anyone have any experiences like this ?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That's very interesting. I did a search a while back, my son saw 2 shadow figures last summer. I went to about.com. about 'dot' come and found all kinds of other ppls stories and information.

It sounds like a spirit or ghost, doesnt it?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have and many others have also.
My experience happened during the summer time. I was lying down with my 3 year old son on the couch. He was a sleep and I was trying to nap as well.
I haven't experience sleep paralysis since I was a teenager. I used to wake up paralyzed every now and then.
When I seen the shadow I had not fallen a sleep yet. As I was laying there a short figure walked up to me. The figure was probably 2 and a half feet tall. I tried to reach out to it but I couldn't move my arm. I just kept trying and finally my arm shot out and the shadow was gone.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If it happens again. There maybe something you can do in to capture it (i.e. record the voice ,set up a camcorder).
If it doesn't it's probably your imagination.
My prayers are with you....KUHL

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I've only experienced 'sleep paralysis' two or three times... One particular time was the day following the death of a close family member... I was asleep in a room with no windows, only the door was slightly open allowing some early morning light in (it was about 5:30/6:00 A.M.) Needless to say it was very dim. I awoke and immediatly knew I was 'paralyzed' I repeatedly attempted to sit up, and then to turn my head... It seemed such a long time, but I'm sure it was only a few seconds... regardless, in my peripheral I could see a large black mass, close to seven feet tall... It's appendenges weren't clearly defined... but I could certainly make out a chest, two arms, and a head... I think I went unconcious for a moment, but I rolled out of bed and stood up... nothing was there then, of course...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Unananimity...i also saw the same thing..same description..i dont know if any of you have ever seen that cartoon "samurai jack" but in that cartoon this demon haku i believe..he kinda looked like what i saw but without the details..the shadow was tall and towered over me kinda like stretching from my side to above me looking down on me..when this happend i heard strong gushing of wind in my ears..and it almost seemed like it was reaching for me..i freaked out at the fact i couldnt move..it did feel like forever but was only a few seconds in wat felt like one very still timeframe...this happend to me for about a week..the same thing over an over again..and just like that it stoped..very wierd for sleep paralysis..another time much later from that one..i saw a "fairy" flying around me..then went behind my pillow..i knew i was having sleep paralysis and was calm about it i didnt freak out...but then out of no where i felt like it was gonna harm me i felt in danger and i jumped up out of it..~kiliker

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Not too long ago, i was having a dream, that turned Lucid. I was controlling it fine, then suddenly i was on a train like in James bond Goldeneye for the N64. I was like, wait, I didn't put myself here, what the heck? All of a sudden I looked to my left and there was a door. Like a bathroom door, I presumed. I knew there was something in there, so I said, well I control my dreams. I willed it not to open. It started opening. I got frustrated and confused. Never have i not been able to control a dream where I knew I was dreaming. I yelled at the door "NO!" It was slowly opening. I yelled again "NO!!!" then it swung open and a man with facial hair leaped on me as I screamed "#T!" I awoke with sleep paralysis. I moved my eyes over, cuz I felt someone in my bed, and caught a faint glimpse of an extremely tall, dark figure. It appeared to be laying next to me, then got up, and I immediately looked over when the sleep paralysis cleared(about the same time as it getting up) but it was gone. I was a little frightened, but more curious. Last month, my roommate (into occult things) told me he catologued a demon named Necrana. If anyone has information about this demoness, U2U me please. It sounds similar to your experience

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yeah..hearing that all the same things are occuring to many different people all around including myself is abit wierd...all the same looking figures in different situations sometimes hearing noises like myself hearing the wind and sometimes other people hearing clicking or high pitched frequencys...idk but it sounds a little odd...yeah just a little (sarcasm) i mean lets just say for a second we could believe that it really isnt sleep paralysis..maybe it is some excuse to hide something from us..you know like the big picture...what it really is..this might sound like jipper jabber to you...but to me i seriously believed what happend to me was sleep paralysis until i started hearing the same occuring things from different people..who knows maybe these are beings visiting us and taking these forms..becuase i dont know if they have an explaination to why it is we all see the same figures...ive had sleep paralysis before, seeing other things..not really feeling threated like i did with this one..maybe some people are hiding it to us...telling us it is sleep paralysis..i mean i do believe sleep paralysis is real..but its hard to belive that so many people see the same being...in different situations doing different things...thats like trying to deny the fact that if many people saw the same kind of looking elves in the woods in all completely different situations and nodding it off as your imagination or it was deer or something crazy...all i am saying is think about the possibilities that it might be more then our imagination....btw my sister once told me that there are a certain type of ghost that takes on the form of yourself dead ..and it appiers to you as yourself on the otherside dead...maybe it could be that?..i also first thought it was myself reaching out to myslef from some other place....other then the fact of what the **** was that...so yeah just ponder alil about that one i will be back to comment more...~Kiliker

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
wow thats really weird!!

i always remember when i was younger (possibly 4) i'm 24 now - but i was young but remember it to this day CLEAR AS ANYTHING!!

i was laid in bed asleep and i woke up, (i was defiantly awake)!!

then all over a sudden this red face apeared in mid-air and started laughing and said "GO TO SLEEP NOW STEVEN HA HA HA!"

i know it sounds silly just me saying it like that!! - but it was the most evil laugh ive EVER HEARD, it sounded like one of those laughing machines you see at the coast or an unrealistc laugh like skeletor's from he-man!! - but it was DEFAINTLY real.

i always remember just closing my eyes really fast and pulling the blackets over my head to hide, but the laughing carried on for a few seconds and then it went.

sounds weird, but it was defaintly real and i know i wasn't dreaming.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I remember one distinct occasion when I was a child when I awoke to see a "ghost" swimming around a rocking chair in my room. It was sort of like a jelly fish, or a tissue thrown onto a camp fire. I watched it for a long time before falling asleep again. While I only distinctly remember this one time, I remember knowing at the time that this wasn't the only time this had happened.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In regards to the topic starter, I think that's a typical case of something trying to scare you.. for no reason other than to feed off your emotional spike, probably.

st3ve_o, that's really interesting.. I've heard alot of stories about young kids seeing demonic things. I wish I knew why. Sort of disconcerting, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
@ SteveR

it is a little yeah, but to be honest i don't really think about it anymore!! - but theres been times when ive thought WHAT COULD IT HAVE BEEN!!

lol but thinking about it now, my candle wouldn't light at my christening - my parents told me it took the vicor a few attempts for it to finally light, (maybe i'm special in some way)!!

ive also had a lot of other weird stuff happen to me, but i'm also slightly skeptical about things (ie. god, ghosts), but i'll admit theres a lot of things we don't know about yet

but about that red face thing i saw, i'll try and decribe it the best way i can....

have you ever seen evil-dead2 and the part where her father comes back from the outside world? - it was something simlar to that.

all i could see was the face and it was bright red, it didn't look demon like, but it didn't look human either!! - and the laugh was TOTALLY evil.

ive been typing 'red face' and combinations like that on google, to try to gives you a picture of what it looked like, but can't really find anything

would love to some links though with other peoples storys that you've read/to be honest ive never really looked into it. Its just reading this post made me think about it again.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was sitting in my back yard watching the meteor showers in August. I was by myself listening to my radio with my head phones on, it was a talk show I was listening to. When the show breaked for commercial I took my headphones off and I thought I heard a noise. So I laid my chair back all the way and kind of looked behind me upside down kinda like. Any how.. I saw this person walking across my drive way. This person was completely black, like a siloute, featureless, and moved really funny, kind of like it was gliding. I thought it was my husband and I yelled out.. not funny John. There was no answer, so I knew if I called his cell phone I would here it ring and that would give him away. Well I called his cell and he answered, he was in the house.. I could here the TV on. I told him to get outside right away that some one went into the garage. He was out side in 2 seconds and looked everywhere. There was no one there. I saw a shadow person. I will never forget it for as long as I live. I still find it very hard to sit out side by myself.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hello, you might find this interesting! Check todays Coast to Coast web site onwww.coasttocoastam.com...
Astral Travel & Spirit Attacks - By Albert Taylor has a short write up of the reason behind the Attacks!
This is Alberts Web Site, But first read the write up on Coast -
www.alberttaylor.com...
The guest speaker talks about sleep paralysis showing that it is not what people think, but that is from obe Astral Travel, and when in the Astral plane, their are I think he said 3 levels or possibly more, don't quote me on how many, but he did say that the first level is where many evil beings reside and attack many of us!
He said many of us go Astral and not even know it or remember it! But almost always one remembers that when they awake being paralized and are in fear because of not having answers! He also shows how one can bypass this by gaining knowledge of how to protect one self! I haven't read all of it yet on his site - but wanted to get this to you so you would be able to have some answers right away! Hope This Helps Everyone!
Angel

new topics

top topics

join