It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what am I?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am trying to find something out, if anyone has similiar views, or knows of what I am talking about; I'll be brief, though, as describing this in the past has been rather lengthy:
This system borders between Sumerian and Norse, with my own beliefs.
I believe that God and Lucifer are lovers. The world was created NOT by the two of them, but rather more ancient "gods", with the world being withina nexus of dimensions. People were created to be used as pawns and slaves; the more worship, the stronger the diety became. God and Lucifer turned against these gods, wishing to save/ protect the earth.
Something shifted in the cosmos; God and Lucifer were able to turn the others away. God took to the heavens to watch for the others return, while Lucifer took the physical plane; Lucifer being the masculine and more "aggressive" of the two, this enabled for a more physical, ground-based battle should the others return.
Knowing they are weak against the others, the two created "guardians" to watch over the gates, or rather, the entrances to the different dimensional crossings. These gaurdians contain the powers of both God and Lucifer.
I shall leave it as that, for now. I realize it sounds Lovecraftian, and takes refrences of Ragnarok, but everything I've studied or have felt points in this direction. Any takers?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, I have never heard of this. Perhaps you could go more in detail or provide some links that will discuss this more in depth. Also, where did these beliefs originate from, by who and how long ago?

thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sounds like Polytheism in general...but similar to the ideas of Greece and Rome. After all, they built temples for their gods' favor, and in the belief that such worship enhanced their god's position amongst god society. Can almost translate to Uranus (may be forgetting the Greek equivalent here) and Gaia...who were then usurped by their offspring....Zeus and crew...with the Titans being said guardians...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
These beliefs are my own (sort of). For years, I've been trying to find myself. I have been, over the course of nearly twenty years, a Protestant, Budist, Satanist (not the movie kind), a follower of Cthulhu Mythos, Norse myth, Wiccan, to name a few. I have the Bhagavad Gita, Mormon Bible, Necronomican, I Ching, Books of Enoch, etcetera; to me, all the religious "grounds" are all the same, but yet, they all seem to be missing something.
I didn't "mix and match", and I didn't want to be some cult leaderish figure. I was just looking for my own path. Kabalism and Norse mythology seemed the closest thing to my own vision of the truth.
By nature, I have to know everything, or at least the basics. I hate being left in the dark. So I started to "read between the lines", trying to find a connection to the religious texts and old legends, and the posting is what I came up with.
Now, with more detail:
There are three "houses", each with their own "lords". The sun, ruled by God, darkness by Lucifer (doesn't mean he is dark, just his tendencies), and the House of Shadows ruled by the Nameless One (over-seer of the guardians).
The guardians are mentioned in many texts... The Norse is full of them, Catholic beliefs have them too, just to name a couple.
The gates, too, are mentioned all over the place. The Rainbow Bridge, the Gates of Hell/ Heaven, River Styx, etcetera (each with their repective guardian).
I've been told that my belief style fits with Lovecraftian writings, and yes, it seems so. I have always been under the impression that artists in any field are more open-minded, more able to see behind the seen. So with that, although his stories are fiction, most I would call "historical fiction".
I realize each person has their own individual styles and tastes, that each person finds their own way, but I am just hoping that I am not "crazy", and wondering if anyone knows of others leaning towards the same direction.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Satan is the feminine.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yep. I'm a firm believer that God took it up the a$$ and liked it.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think thats all rubbish im afraid there is no such thing as that i think and there is only one god which we all come form and return to.

sXe

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Double posted.

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by sXe]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If you are trying to find yourself look inside yourself. That is where the Holy Spirit exists.

You are trying to deny your Godly existence.

sXe

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I had a good post! It vanished! Argh! I'll type it out again later...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I do not subscribe to any belief system.
I keep an open mind and heart and consider all possibilities.
Perhaps one day I will discover a theory that rings true to me. Until then I will absorb information and think on it until that final light switch changes to ON.
I do lean toward the notion that most stories have some amount of fact combined with some fiction.
I am currently working on sorting out the fact from the fiction.
When I get it figured out, I will let you know

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Since we are created in the Divine's image, and all of nature is part of the Being... I propose that Lucifer is masculine because in all of nature, it is the males that are the most flashy. From the simple birds and frogs, to mountian sheep and gorillas, it is the most colorful, most outgoing males that make an impression. Granted, human females can be a bit vain, but in the general sense, the female animals go for the male with the most... color, while the males bow to the ones with the largest racks. (Yes, I do know how it sounds :duh

God, therefore, is female... I'm going to catch flak for this... because of the various moods.
. How many of you have had moms hate you and curse you, only to grab you and smother you with affection, all within 1 minute?
I realize these may be just trivial points, but I hope my intention came through.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The indivisibilty notion has been discussed, but not at any length.
The theosophy of this hypothetical construct while interesting, leaves only one really important question I must pose before any other. When one attempts to discern the past, they have only what lay in the present to build their structure upon. Now, one must ask where did you get the idea from originally that your mind pushed you to dig? Further, once topical or posed as a thought, where did you seek or gather information left from past to build the hypothesis originally?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have been seeing "shadow people" since 5. I have been doing autmatic writing since 10, astral travel, energy drain (and attack), astral combat, and so muc more. I don't do this from learning or reading, I just... do it.
I contain within myself a "second". I am not schizo... this other would be... like a guardian spirit, or an animal totem. It his his form I take when I project or do "arcane" things... he is the Nameless One.
I am not saying "I'm a god"... Just as a priest is in touch with his or her diety, I am in touch with an aspect of a greater.
Anyway, it got to the point, where I was learning about the Nameless One, that I came across... shared memoried?.. of his. To make a long story short (I hope), that was when I started trying to find where it fit in.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I must say you have a vivid imagination, I'm curious though for I am a Catholic tell me about this quote of yours

"The guardians are mentioned in many texts... The Norse is full of them, Catholic beliefs have them too, just to name a couple."

What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
or would you like to supress the truth under the vatican...
and run aroud like an ignorant chicken with his head cut off uppon revelations of the truth...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have but ONE question... have you ever noticed that those who receive "shared memories" or remember "past lives" are NEVER simple folk? Why the way I've read it, statistically, EVERYBODY was a KING or GOD in the past ages.

Wonder who got the WORK done don't YOU?

PEACE...
m...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
dont still today respect men for men as they are...
and still judge other lives like it the way....

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Where did I mention that I was reincarnated? Or that I was more than a normal person?

Sure, I do believe in reincarnation... I was a Confederate soldier, and a missionary (as far as I've been led to believe)... but I also believe that everyone has ANOTHER. Have you ever talked to yourself, or have had an imaginary friend... or have the impression that someone was watching over you? Do you have a conscious... that tiny little voice inside?

When you dream, are you still you? When I dream, I am not "me"... yet in ALL my dreams, I am the same... character. Wether or not this is because I unconsciously astral travel, or because I am living in two planes, I don't know... which leads me to my other question.

Why, when people talk about reincarnation, to others assume they are talking about this world? Or this plane? Quantum physics shows that, yes, parrellel universes may in fact exist. Must we have always lived in "this" one?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
I must say you have a vivid imagination, I'm curious though for I am a Catholic tell me about this quote of yours

"The guardians are mentioned in many texts... The Norse is full of them, Catholic beliefs have them too, just to name a couple."

What are you talking about?

Throughout all religions (or myths), there exists gateways or bridges which people may cross to the spiritual realms. By these entrence ways, there are guardians, either preventing the unworthy, or allowing those deemed worthy.

In the Catholic sense, this would be no different then the Gates of Hell, the Gates of Heaven. In Kabalistic teachings (mind you, the tradtional Jewish beliefs, not Alester Crawlies), there are... (great, I can't remember...) what, seven? nine? realms of existance, each with it's own... judge.

Anyway, before I get off track... The Gates of Hell are barred shut, watched over by the Archangel Michael, correct? We've all heard about St Peter and the Pearly Gates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join