It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was an Oil Currency War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Oil Currency War

(do not copy and past the content of other websites)
www.theassassinatedpress.com...

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by William]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
that makes great sense, however thats what i always meant when i said the us needed control of oil, i know most people don't but most the people i get to talk to about this aren't that smart so it's hard to explain it to them, they dunno much of economics. i always knew it was usa not wanting the oil to go eu style, it would wreck'em! not like they aren't wrecked enough already, it would probably be the fall of usa

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
And this explains the French and german opposition to the war in Iraq. Not because the cared about "international law" or "national soverignty".

Both sides are dirty.

But this whole oil war has taken on a new tone. This currency seems to be more and more in the spotlight............

Frightening. Bush. Will another President continue on the same path?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What if Russia decided to switch to the Euro? This would cause a big problem for the us in the oil market also Russia could stockpile funds to rebuild power/millitary.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Interesting coincidence....
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Mika,

That's the large part of it, but you also have to look at the reasons for invading Afghanistan. The given reasons of course, where ousting the Taliban and Al Queda.

There is a more physical side to this economic warfare than creating and maintaining dollar friendly states.
There is the physical building of the pipelines to maintain and enhance the riches. Namely those coming from the Oil and gas rich Caspian sea, estimated to contain around 110 million barrels.
Russia controls it and the west wants it. They're still being built and the countries involved are still bickering.

Part of the main connecting pipeline had to go through Afghanistan as Russia wouldn't let it go through her territory. Construction began as soon as the Taliban were ousted.

Now you've got the explanation for Iraq, try taking a look at September 11th and the invasion of Afghanistan from the same perspective�

I think this could also be the Russian connection you're looking for Skadi.

Some Info on the Caspian.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A big huge frickin conicidence indeed Fry!!

Isn't this what we were talking about Skadi? I think you've found your Stick.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The real reason the Bush administration wants a puppet government in Iraq -- or more importantly, the reason why the corporate-military-industrial network conglomerate wants a puppet government in Iraq -- is so that it will revert back to a dollar standard and stay that way.

Hehe, some of us have said this all along, however....as one whose savings are based in US dollars, I have a hard time being against it, hehe....
ALL wars are fought for economic reasons... Sure, there may be secondary goals/benefits, but the prime motivator is always economic..... That hasn't changed since ancient times. The big disappointment, is how poorly GW actually failed at keeping the more discreet goals from the light of day.... His father, he is not....

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have described the war in Iraq as being behind a series of smokescreens, or peeling the layers of an onion. Everything is a lie - but the actual BENEFITS along the way to the criminal gang in Washington D.C. are greater the more the layers are peeled.

1. Clear and present danger of WMDs capable of being mobilized in 40 minutes

2. WMD "programs" that had to be stopped because Saddam wasn't co-operating with UN inspections

3. Ousting a tyrannical dictator to "free" an oppressed people

4. Cementing US military position in the Middle East to stabilize, and leave Saudi Arabia (just a little closer to the truth)

5. Using oil proceeds to "rebuild" Iraq (ie stealing oil from Iraqis)

6. Completing the pipeline through Afghanistan

7. Saving the USD as the oil bartering currency from the perils of the Euro

8. (WTF??????) Gaining the Stargate technology and other suppressed ancient knowledge to save the world from those who could get their hands on it...

All lies, all mendacity of an increasing order. Yet this corrupt, useless administration continues to get away with it, and generally needs to operate only in layers 1 & 2!

What are the real, real reasons for invading Iraq?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What are the real, real reasons for invading Iraq?

Daddy got to do it, so why can't I???

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Garzok, yeah I mentioned it back in March and so have a lot of others. It wasn't too hard to see.

I see your point on the economics but I agree with MA. I'm not going to accept that much BS and lies even if they thought we'd all be living in the great big candy mountain after they'd finished their big adventure...If only we'd trust them.

Edit- I'm a pedantic git.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by kegs]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is very much the kind of theory I have been talking about for over 6 months now...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
dr

I sympathize.

As ATS expands in all directions in the intelligence of its members, there will be much (necessary?) repetition to be dealt with I think.

A decent filing clerk or librarian who can point to the hot topics of yore, would be useful.

I saw Simon have a go at distilling in a topic on Hitler quite recently.

Meanwhile, I think even the protection of the USD and the US position in the global economy is too translucent to be the ultimate objective of the slowly expanding war in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The dollar has been holding its own for the last month. I've been wondering how the heck it can be climbing given everything that is happening? Russia and Saudi Arabia. They're a perfect match. Two of the best examples of why oligarchs are just plain evil.

It should also be noted that Malaysia is consider the switch and Venezula already has.

Malaysia
www1.iraqwar.ru...;=ru

Venezuela
www1.iraqwar.ru...;=ru

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Dragonrider, so what do you make of this Russian- Saudi Arabia alliance in relation to the OPEC standard?

Is this what they've got up their sleeve?
Could be a nasty surprise indeed for the U.S.

(ARRGH!)

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Dragonrider, so what do you make of this Russian- Saudi Arabia alliance in relation to the OPEC standard?

Is this what they've got up their sleeve?
Could be a nasty surprise indeed for the U.S.

(ARRGH!)

Well, in short, nothing good can come of it.

I have long been suspecting a Russian connection to OPEC, mainly because, as Skadi has been investigating, there has to be some kind of "big stick" to allow Saudi to give the US our walking papers.

We obviously have a loose alliance between OPEC, Germany and France, who granted form a very powerful financial bullpen, but in terms of military might still pales before the US. The addition of Russia to the fold completely changes that however.

I can only agree, when Russia is silent, it is time to worry.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What bigger stick could they have than to threaten to move to the Euro? The U.S would have to threaten some drastic action to counter that. Hell only threatening to Nuke them would give the Saudis as much as fright as the U.S would get if they did that.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The Russians aren't silent; I think they're just working quietly in the background. This alliance could be a sign of this and they still control the Caspian as far as I'm aware.

We could see a huge shift in power. I think its unlikely that�s what the Saudis are planning to do, but this could well be what Russia et al have been up to whilst the U.S was busy...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I see that my earlier post has created a spark.
Here is some more news of the day.

Russia flexing their power:

Russia test intercontinental missile

04:07:36 �.�
Moscow, Sept 2 - A submarine of Russia's Pacific fleet on Tuesday successfully test-fired an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), a navy spokesman said in Moscow.

The projectile fitted with a dummy warhead was fired from the Podolsk nuclear-powered submarine in the Far Eastern sea of Okhotsk and hit its target in the northwestern Chizha testing range.

Putting on quite a show for a "depleted" millitary.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I agree, the nuclear missle test was a show of force, although in reality, US missle superiority renders such an exercise little more than a show.

The US still maintains the ability to shut down the vast majority of soviet missile resources before they even launch with HAARP, and have the ability to knock out a good percentage of whatever manages to get airborne.

However, the fact that Russia has such confidence is worrying...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join