It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Approval Rating Lowest Ever for 2nd-Term President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Gallup organization reported today that President George Bush has the lowest approval ratings of any 2nd Term president since World War II. 45% of the American population approve of President Bush at this moment with Regan in a distant second in 1985 with a 56% approval rating.

www.editorandpublisher.com
It's not uncommon to hear or read pundits referring to President George W. Bush as a "popular" leader or even a "very popular" one. Even some of his critics in the press refer to him this way. Perhaps they need to check the latest polls.

"All other presidents who were re-elected to a second term had approval ratings well above 50% in the March following their re-election," Gallup reported.

More bad signs for the president: Gallup's survey now finds only 38% expressing satisfaction with the "state of the country" while 59% are "dissatisfied." One in three Americans feel the economy is excellent or good, while the rest find it "only fair" or poor.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With a 45% approval rating within a few months in office, it makes you wonder just how President Bush was elected in the first place?

Aside from the Liberal/Conservative banter that is sure to fill this thread and regardless of whether or not you approve of Bush, He is your president. The question one should ask now is how can George Bush present his politics to be more acceptable by his people?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Terry Schiavo incident did him in. He should have completely stayed out of that issue.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To whoever voted for this guy:

it's broken, are you happy now?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I agree with Worldwatcher not only the terri case but also the prices in gas may have something to do with that also.

Lost of people had to change plans for the summer due to the gas prices.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I agree with worldwatcher.

Bush is balancing on a thin line between democracy and theocracy. Although I wasn't in America when the Terri event was going on, I've inferred that Bush tried to use this event to boost his approval ratings. Guess it backfired on him.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is astounding that Bush can retain a 45% approval rating given the abysmal track record over 4 years and 2 months. Republican members supporting Bush must come in the "diehard" or "forgive anything" categories.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think the Schiavo case did weigh on him too, with Terri's supporters blaming him for not doing enough and a lot of people thinking he shouldn't have gotten involved at all. Also the higher oil prices are making an impact. The bump he got from the good news from the Iraqi elections has also disappeared as it moves into the past.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wonder if Terry's case will also backfire on his brother. I think it's obvious he's being coached for the next election, so that the theocratic dynasty can continue.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I agree. And also to mention his social security issues and budget policies.
He is in a hell of a corner and mess with many homeland and international issues. However like mentioned earlier the slight majority of us Americans are the ones who voted him in and now we have to work with what we have to re-arrange this jigsaw puzzle.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Carburator,

I have an idea -- impeach him and get a better Prez. How's that?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Aelita it's going to be hard to impeach a president when the majority of the people didn't vote him into office in the first place.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Are you saying you would rather see this guy as prez?

Now that's truely scary.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I agree with you MrCarburator, the social security reform has not been as easy to sell to the American people as thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree with you MrCarburator, the social security reform has not been as easy to sell to the American people as thought.

It is indeed a hard sell as it really hits close to home to many would-be retirees. Selling a large war effort was easier because it was literally remote.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As I recall a Gallup poll right after his taking the oath of office in January put him at the same level of popularity.

www.atsnn.com...

As someone else here said, makes you wonder how he got re-elected in the first place.

He's made a mess at home and around the world. Not a great track record IMHO.

As for impeaching....they'd have to impeach Cheney too as he is as guilty or guiltier than Dubya.

[edit on 5/4/05 by AlwaysLearning]

[edit on 5/4/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hell a very small percentage of the military budget would greatly help in this field. Right now the younger to middle age generation is paying for the retiree's SS....however its appearing as nothing but a big risk for this younger/middle age class worker.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I doubt if Terri Schiavo or gas prices have anything to do with it, the survey was probably done a few weeks ago to be making the news now.

Here they are, our beloved leaders...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Remember: Him getting elected isn't necessarily a vote FOR him, or agreement WITH him. It's a choice BETWEEN 2 candidates. It might just be that a majority of voters didn't necessarily like him, they just preferred him to the alternative(s).

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We need more than a 2 Candidate system nowadays.

Originally, dozens of candidates were likely to get elected - now we have 2.

Anyways, Reagan was a president that I respect. He has been thrown down and humiliated by Dem's who still hold a grudge against him. Get over, already.

As to Bush, I still approve of him. And what is broken? In three years he'll be gone, and you can all stop crying that he is the "anti-christ" and what not.

-wD

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NERaptor
Remember: Him getting elected isn't necessarily a vote FOR him, or agreement WITH him. It's a choice BETWEEN 2 candidates. It might just be that a majority of voters didn't necessarily like him, they just preferred him to the alternative(s).

The devil you know is better than the one you don't?

I really don't think anyone could have done worse for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join