It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Approval Rating Lowest Ever for 2nd-Term President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
One thing is for certain, support for Bush over at the Right Wing freerepublic.com has dropped drastically. Prior to the election, they were all like "I would lick his gonads, I wanna be his dog"
After the shiavo thing, and then the "vigalante" comment, they in a great majority turned against him.

But then again, those people are sheep, so it probably just took one of their number to turn against him and the rest just followed.

Also the approval ratings have an effect in Congress and Senate. When the Republicans see people suppporting Bush, they do not fear siding with his agendas, with the public turning against Bush, they have to worry about how that will effect them at upcoming elections, since they don't have term limits.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
What does approval rating mean to a President that is on his last term of office?

Because the last time a presidents approval ratings were this low, he was forced to resign.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So your indicating or suggesting that he is on the verge of being forced out because of these low approval ratings?

A little research on how approval ratings affect a standing president would be prudent, especially in how they affect a president who is on his last term. I think you will see that there will be no forced resignation of this president and that while he is in his last term, approval ratings have no real bearing.

As for how approval ratings play with Congress and Senate, they are in opposition regardless of approval ratings.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

So your indicating or suggesting that he is on the verge of being forced out because of these low approval ratings?

I'm just indicating that the last time a presidents approval ratings were this low, they resigned.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Someone said it best, when they said it doesn't matter who won. They both would have sucked.

I think even Muaddib would agree that a third party candidate would have done a better job than a bought and paid for stooge...(both our choices for 2004)
Third party candidates will NOT win as long as we continue to support the media conglomerates chosen sons... If they gave HALF the free press to a third candidate, we might actually win back America.

and a little sumtin for the bu#es:
he won the biggest popular vote in history
he won the biggest popular vote in history
he won the biggest popular vote in history.
saying it three times makes it true of course
and BTW, Kerry also got more popular votes than ALMOST every president in history... we just had more people voting, on both sides.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Investors have a 58% approval rating for the President. People that don't invest have a 40% approval rating.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Just thought this was interesting.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Latest Rasmussen Poll

Favorable ratings

Bush 47%
Hillary 40%

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Personally, I think you and a few others are going to be surprised at how he is portrayed and remembered in the annuals of History.

We need to remember that the only thing that's important is how we decide we want to remember him, not how others tell us to.

Originally posted by Carseller4
Bush 47%
Hillary 40%

Bush relevant, Hillary irrelevant....Get it?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Investors have a 58% approval rating for the President. People that don't invest have a 40% approval rating.

Just thought this was interesting.

I think this is a very interesting point as well. The US economy is in very good shape for sustained growth from now on, interest rates are on the rise and jobs are growing at their highest level in a long long time. Greenspan has done a marvelous job of managing the economy and Bush can take credit for it.

Personally I believe Bush is a moron and that Kerry is/was no better. The only thing I really did not like from Bush was his rush decision over Iraq but apparently he has learned his lesson well offering to pay off Iran rather than invade......even a monkey can learn the pen is mightier than the sword!

I even love his social security reforms......I am an expat aussie and we have had the option of investing some or all of our retirement accounts in the stock market or any other market for a long time now and everyone benefits.....about time the US gets up to speed on this one. I would LOVE to see some type of saving incentives introduced such as big tax breaks on old fashined savings accounts as well......the US really needs to work on the very poor savings rate of its citizens.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Direct results of what happens when diebold or electronic rigged voting machines win you a re-election back into office.

Come on now, are we really that shocked?

Somebody contact Gepetto, we need a new puppet!..

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Personally, I think you and a few others are going to be surprised at how he is portrayed and remembered in the annuals of History.

Wait, maybe I should have said "disappointed" in how is he is going to be portrayed and remembered...

seekerof

Yes, he will go down in the "anals" of history as the biggest, most accomplished one!

For those that have not been paying attention, this is SOP for the Bush Reich propaganda machine: "History is a series of arguments to be debated, not a body of data to be recorded or a set of facts to be memorized...Who controls history, and how it's written, controls the past, and who controls the the past controls the present."

You need look to only two examples to get a full vesting of how the "arguments" that control what history is recorded are formulated, administered and put into the herd collective think as gospel: First, his whole "career" as gov of Texas. Second, the whole justification vetting of the Iraq invasion & illegal occupation.

Muad: Most of the world requires mandatory military service; I'm in favor of that here ( at least I was until Corporate manifest Destiny was implemented). So Cuba can maybe, just once, escape coming up from ya?

Carsalesman: I'm in the investor class & collectively, with the folks I know, rank him not even in double digits relative to approval. But then again, I'm not on the board of any multi national.
Bush is not Poll driven? Folks, in Carsalesman we have a perfect example of rose colored glasses and how they see dog poo yet focus on turd blossoms: Buddy, this guy is the most poll driven president that we've ever had!!!
If you missed the "terror alerts", leaked "Osama audio", tarriff advocacy in swing states, etc. ......I can't help you.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
I think this is a very interesting point as well. The US economy is in very good shape for sustained growth from now on...

Whoa, stop right there. Where did you get your information from? Last I heard, America is int he biggest economical slump in decades.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
was that annals of history or anals of history? LOL!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Latest approval ratings 4/12/05

Bush 49%
Hillary 44%

For those that say Hillary is illrellevent, who would you choose to compare approval ratings against?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, since the only 49% I see on that page is for Bush job approval ratings, how about we correlate that number to what it actually is?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Rasmussen lives.

"Just 27% of Americans say the U.S. economy is getting better these days. While that's up slightly from 25% on Sunday, the current level of optimism is near the low end of readings for the past two years. Fifty-six percent (56%) of Americans say the economy is getting worse."

Go, Bush, Go!

And don't come back.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well I have two problems with bush, or maybe 3.
1. He has not lifted a finger to help the border situation, and if the dems got smart they would jump on this issue because GOP doesnt want to talk about it.
2. His Invasion of iraq was for no greater reason than to send gas prices soaring and he could get 2x as much of the product of his family trade.
3. Bush has greater concern for Corporations than for the good of america.
I am not saying kerry was any better, his reputation got smashed and it hurt him at the polls. I have read that somehow the government has it set up so only one of two parties can win the election. Reps and dems. I would support a third party candidate or even a fourth if they had some of my views.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
1. He has not lifted a finger to help the border situation, and if the dems got smart they would jump on this issue because GOP doesnt want to talk about it.

But he has commented on his disdain with the Minutemen situation in the border of Arizona.

2. His Invasion of iraq was for no greater reason than to send gas prices soaring and he could get 2x as much of the product of his family trade.

Well he wants to ensure that america will have a stronghold on the oil situation when Peak Oil comes to absolute zero.

3. Bush has greater concern for Corporations than for the good of america.

Because America operates on a corporate principle. That is why we are the leading nation in the world. But it is known that Bush is a horrible buisness man, and thus a horrible president.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Bush is now at 51% and rising.

Hillary is still suffering!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Bush is now at 51% and rising.

He's gone down every day since this post.

52% of the three day aggregate since disapprove.

Most notably after his 100 day bizarro speech.

Many experts are marking his speech on the calendar as the day the self proclaimed "Mandate" officially died.

I think it was actually over the minute Bush called it a "mandate" as there's no better way to kill a movement than to label it, stick it in your avatar and declare victory. Have a crushed day.

Even with authentic realignments, "as soon as you've recognized that one has happened, the next one [replacing it] may already be happening," said John J. Pitney Jr., a political scientist at Claremont McKenna College who closely studies Republican politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join