It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Moon Bounce for military reasons??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Moon Bounce

In late 1998 and early 1999 the ELFRAD GROUP monitored a daily frequency from .9 to .95 hertz (pulses per second), the wavelength of this frequency was approximately 319,877km or 198,711 miles. The moon's distance is fairly close to the wavelength. The signal appears to be a controlled signal transmitted from an unknown source at approximately the same time daily except weekends. The signal is strong enough to generate it's third harmonic which is 2.81235 hz. The signal has a very quick rise time and a slower decay at the end, which is usually indicative of an artificial source. A low pass filtered showed the signal tracks very well with the magnetometers placed in various locations around the planet especially those in the northern area.

Lets pick apart the data above. A Ultra Low Frequency signal in late 1998 through early 1999 from an unknown source which occurs only on week days, powerful enough to create a third harmonic wave, with a quick rise slow decay which tracks better with magnetometers in the North and a wavelength approximately matching the distance to the moon. The answer seems apparent HAARP or a similar array in the North is bouncing signals off the Moon back to the Earth.

Why would you want to bounce signals off the Moon?

www.yfiles.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Why would you want to bounce signals off the Moon?

www.yfiles.com...

Because it is the largest sattelite we have, just for one second try and calculate the possiblities...what does a dish/sat.dish do?

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Another ability of an array such as HAARP could be used to heat radiate people within a large yet distant target, even a buried underground bunker or cave network

To reach targets around the world you could design a floating mobile HAARP that would have to equal the surface area of five large aircraft carriers or 8 super tankers tied together costing billions of dollars, or you could use a stationary permanent array such as HAARP and use the moon as a reflector to effectively bounce your signals anywhere on Earth given mutual Moon visibility between the source and the target!

This military array in Alaska and others like it around the world have the potential to deliver an equivalent nuclear detonation to a long-range target without warning, without the missile and without the radiation. One of 12 U.S. HAARP patents is titled: U.S. Patent 4873928: Nuclear-Sized Explosions Without Radiation

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Theres a wonderful book called "Body Of Secrets" Author James Bamford that details moon bounces and the covert history of america, its a damn good read and if i recall, american spy trawlers would use these large dishes to bounce signals off the moon as it was relatively simple to do although a little hit and miss.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
not my forte, but i thought harpp could bounce off the ionsphere and direct a signal to anywhere on earth allready.
could the moon shots be a test to possiby effect incoming
objects

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
not my forte, but i thought harpp could bounce off the ionsphere and direct a signal to anywhere on earth allready.
could the moon shots be a test to possiby effect incoming
objects

That may well be a very real possibility.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Radio fundamentals:

Wavelength in meters = 300/frequency in Megaherz.

Wavelength of a .9 Hz signal: 300, 000 kilometers.

Most effective length for an antenna: 1/2 wavelength.

Length of half-wave antenna for a .9 hz signal: 150,000 kilometers.

You would think, somebody built something like that, somebody else would notice it.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't suppose goin quarter wave would help very much huh? What about a dish? I know a lot of hams use a dish to do moonbounce but not on that ULF.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Another ability of an array such as HAARP could be used to heat radiate people within a large yet distant target, even a buried underground bunker or cave network

You think so? Remember, the moon has a CURVED and irregular surface, and it bulges out like a bowl.

Now... you surely know from your own experience what happens to waves that are bounced off an irregular globe-shaped object.

Perhaps you might care to re-evaluate your thoughts on this?

(for those of you who don't know bouncing a wave off an irregular surface scatters the waves all to heck and back. Bouncing a wave off a rounded object (like the moon) spreads them; it doesn't focus them. Even laser energy gets scattered by the irregular surface. Remember, too, that the moon is in motion as are we, so it's not a stationary source hitting a stationary target.)

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Researcher:

The abstract attached to the HAARP patent application:

The present invention provides a system and method for generating a plasma layer at controlled altitudes and inclinations that acts as an artificial ionospheric mirror (AIM) to reflect RF signals. The AIM increases the range and predictability with which RF energy may be reflected off the AIM for communications purposes. More specifically, a tiltable AIM is created by a heater antenna controlled in phase and frequency. The heater antenna phase shift scans a beam to paint a plasma layer. The heater antenna continually refocuses at a higher altitudes by frequency shifting to tilt the plasma layer.

www.worldofthestrange.com...

about 0.9 Hz. And why is that? By corkscrewing the signal, the ions in the upper atmosphere do not just race madly back and forth, instead they move in BIG circles. And you can get the most ions running around the "race course" just above HAARP if you make them have a "lap time" of about once per second.

What determines the optimum "lap time" is something called the plasma density and is related to the temperature, number of ions, number of neutral atoms in the ionosphere, and some other factors I won't mention here. (Note: For more information on plasma density consult any of the many graduate texts on plasma physics. Also, I have oversimplified the relation between the 0.9 Hz signal and the "lap time." It is not my purpose here to provide a complete description of ionospheric cyclotronic interactions.)

By making the ions, both electrons and protons, move in big circles they each become little electromagnets with a north and south pole. At the latitude of HAARP in Gakona, Alaska the earth's magnetic field lines are nearly vertical. So if the HAARP circular polarization is either clockwise or counter-clockwise you can make the ions racing around at 0.9 Hz either be attracted to the earth's magnetic north pole or repelled. If the circling ions are attracted, then they would simply spiral downward toward the earth's north pole and run into the denser atmosphere and might produce a very weak aurora, hence the name High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program. That's all very interesting but its not exactly the real purpose of HAARP.

www.brojon.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Byrd:

Please read the previous post, I think it explains a great deal, especially the second one.

Your point is well taken, and correct if you assume you are using the entire available surface area of the moon, or significantly large portions of it as a reflector. However, if you use a tight enough beam (a square mile or less in area) you can use a relatively level area of the moon as a reflector.

Also, what if this is essentially target practice for a non-terrestrial target?

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i thought there were 2 haarps, one in Gakona and another larger one north of Fairbanks

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There are 4 known HAARP facilities in CONUS, including Gakona (which is undergoing expansion to over 50 acres broadcast area), the original test bed at Montauk Point, Camp Hero, NY (I understand inactive but can be reactivated), the ULF groundwave transmission system at Ft. Mead Maryland has been modified to operate as a HAARP facility, and a new facility (not publicy released) currently under construction, underground in Colorado, over 100 acres broadcast area.

There are several suspect facilities outside the US, some are US/allied, some are not. The one that is most likely for the US is Pine Gap Australia, which gives us coverage for at least part of the southern hemisphere.

The other widely suspected scalar facility is the Russian ZEVS facility near Mirmansk, north of Finland.

web.tiscali.it...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Byrd:

Please read the previous post, I think it explains a great deal, especially the second one.

I did, and no it didn't. Remember, the Moon's magnetic poles are weak-to-nonexistant.

Your point is well taken, and correct if you assume you are using the entire available surface area of the moon, or significantly large portions of it as a reflector.
However, if you use a tight enough beam (a square mile or less in area) you can use a relatively level area of the moon as a reflector.

That's just it... you can't get that sort of targeted area with the wavelengths you're talking about... remember the inverse square law. If you'd been talking about lasers, I would have agreed unhesitatingly. And although the wavelength of the radio freqency may be exact, the distance from the Earth's surface to the moon does vary slightly.

Also, what if this is essentially target practice for a non-terrestrial target?

Not very useful, actually. WE know about long length radio waves, and it's a bet that any creature who could travel stellar or interstellar or interplanetary distances isn't going to be preturbed/spied on/threatened in any way by something like that. U.S. troops don't freak out over someone having a periscope or a slingshot, for example.

And as for ...oh... say, Korea on the moon, well, assuming someone could get up there, their position would be so precarious that it would be laughable. A nice nuclear warhead would take out any Terrans up there.

I don't see any good scenario for weaponry usage. For measurement usage and data transmission usage, certainly.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Actually, moonbounce is very possible and is used already by amateur operators for round the world communications. I've never done it as it takes a dish , from what I've read, but i have thought about building one a trying it.

As for the possibilty of RF cooking a person, hell yeah it can happen. It cooks you from the inside out just like a microwave oven. Take a look at the test for any amateur level and at least half of it is exposure limits questions.

I spoke with the dad-in-law last night about this subject as he is an extra class ham, RF technician, and founder of their tower company and he believes this to be a highly feasable theory.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
maybe you could help me understand?

i can see how HAARP creates a bubble like dish in the ionsphere to bounce and aim various wave lengths for many various end means. it must also heat up or energize the ionsphere to some extent can anyone see what would happen, occur, planetary changes, to our existience if we were to punch holes in the protective ionsphere similar to those in the ozone, what would we let in?

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Have any of you ever heard of secret moon bases? Maybe that's one possibility...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It has been over one month since the test. Has anybody heard the results? Also they were never clear on why they wanted to explore the subsurface of the moon?

Since the "Haarp" radio wave can only hit the side of the moon that faces us, the subsurface exploration will only cover the visable portion of the moon (visable to us). I'd really like to know why? What are they looking for?

[edit on 4-3-2008 by GriffinRD]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Actually, moonbounce is very possible and is used already by amateur operators for round the world communications. I've never done it as it takes a dish , from what I've read, but i have thought about building one a trying it.

As for the possibilty of RF cooking a person, hell yeah it can happen. It cooks you from the inside out just like a microwave oven. Take a look at the test for any amateur level and at least half of it is exposure limits questions.

I spoke with the dad-in-law last night about this subject as he is an extra class ham, RF technician, and founder of their tower company and he believes this to be a highly feasable theory.

Yes, moon bounce is used regularly by amateur radio operators as means of communicating over big distances on VHF/UHF and even microwave frequencies. Radio amateurs call it 'EME' which refers to a signal going from the Earth to the Moon to the Earth.

Fairly simple antenna systems can be used the most popular being yagi antennas usually stacked to create what is called an antenna array, dishes are also used on the higher frequencies, usually above 1 GHz.

Here is a picture of an American radio amateurs (AF9Y) moon bounce array used on the 144 MHz band:

Radio amateurs have been using the moon to bounce their signals off for decades. Just Google eme moonbounce and you will find plenty of info on it.

Take a look at this clip of a radio amateur transmitting on the 1.2 GHZ band and listening to himself being reflected back from the moon:

[edit on 5/3/08 by Phil123]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Haarp asked hams for help.
An invitation from HAARP for ham radio ops. To help plot a moon bounce test signal.
Which many participated in, including me. Using a 186 foot long ant. Up 70Ft. The measured signals at my station were very weak at times, less than .1 microvolts. Levels were measured by comparing them to a calibrated signal generator and precision attenuators. With a measured 5hz Doppler shift.

This you would not hear in the speaker. It required special digital signal processing (DSP)
To bring the signal up to even be measured. And a beacon scope (Spectran) to see it.

-145 db not going to cook a thing.

Inverse square law is in effect here

Special bulletin 2 ARLX002 ARRL Headquarters

ARLX002 Lunar Echo Experiment looking for Amateur Radio Participants
SB SPCL @ ARL $ARLX002

ZCZC AX02
QST de W1AW
Special Bulletin 2 ARLX002
From ARRL Headquarters
Newington CT January 17, 2008
To all radio amateurs

SB SPCL ARL ARLX002

The HF Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) in Alaska and the
Long Wavelength Array (LWA) in New Mexico are planning an additional
lunar echo experiment for January 18-19.

Interested radio amateurs are invited to participate in this
experiment by listening for the lunar echoes and submitting reports.

On January 19, listen on 6.7925 MHz from 0500-0600z, and on 7.4075
MHz from 0600-0700z. On January 20, listen on 6.7925 MHz from
0630-0730z and on 7.4075 MHz from 0730-0830z (depending on frequency
occupancy at the time of operation, it may be necessary to adjust
the frequency slightly).

Based on previous experiments, investigators believe it should be
possible to hear the lunar echoes with a standard communications
receiver and a simple 40 meter dipole antenna. The format for the
transmissions will follow a five second cycle beginning on the hour
and repeating continuously.

The HAARP transmitter will transmit for the first two seconds. The
next three seconds will be quiet to listen for the lunar echo. Then
HAARP will transmit again for two seconds, repeating the cycle for
one hour. In the second hour, this five second repetitive cycle will
be repeated at a different frequency. All transmissions from HAARP
will be CW (no modulation).

Depending on ionospheric conditions, it may or may not be possible
to hear the HAARP transmission directly via skywave propagation.
Since HAARP will not be using any modulation, set your receiver on
to CW mode to hear HAARP and the lunar echo. Investigators are
interested in receiving signal reports from radio amateurs who may
be able to detect -- or not detect-- the lunar echo or the
transmitted skywave pulse from HAARP.

Submit reports via e-mail to [email protected] and list your
call sign and the type and location of your receiving equipment and
antennas.

And An E-mail response to confirm the reception reports:
Still waiting for my QSL card.

Thank you for your participation in the HAARP-LWA Moon Bounce
experiments of 19 and 20 January 2008. We have received over 1500
reports from amateur radio hams throughout the USA and other
countries, including Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Italy, Russia,
Ukraine, Argentina, Australia, Marshall Islands, Hawaii, and Japan. We
apologize if we have not listed your country; we have not yet been
able to review all reports. These reports will help us to understand
the propagation characteristics of the HAARP skywave and lunar
echoes. As we review your reports we plan to post on the HAARP website
further information learned from these experiments.

If you would like a QSL card confirmation of your reception, please
send us your card with the reception details to our address:

HAARP ReHAARP Research Facility
Milepost 11.3, PO Box 271
Gakona, AK 99586

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join