It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbows Lounge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hi creative ATSers!

I thought it was about time we had a random creativity thread here on BTS.

This is a place to share creative expression in a supportive environment. If you don't feel like creating yet come in and be a muse to others! You could in turn get inspired yourself!

Absolutely everyone is welcome! Just pop in and say Hi, don't be shy!

We have studios, writing desks, dark rooms, yards, pottery wheels, beads, oh and of course, sheds! If you can find it in a hobby store we have it!

Do you have any creative endevours you would like to share? Do you need feedback on your art? Are you looking for other talented musicians? Do you just want to show off? Do you have links to useful information on relevant matters?

This is the place for you!

RULES

No snarky critics.
Be yourself
Obey T's and C's at ALL times.

So jump in and enjoy the many talents and inspirations of the BTS community!

Could I get some decorators in here please? The thread is looking a little bland.

Link to T's n C's...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Link to plagiarism checker...
www.grammarly.com... htype=e&placement=&network=g&gclid=CK--9uat7bwCFQkUwwodX0UAyA

Additional info...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2722014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Great thread idea! I'm stuck in a creative rut lately. It's lasted a few years of self doubt, over thinking, no drive to create and depression. Maybe this thread can give me a kick in the bum and get some things finished. I am working on a painting upstairs which has been untouched for about 6 months now.

Does it need something else in it? Should I just start something else? I wish I had done the tree's bigger, now they just don't sit right in the landscape so I'm thinking of a new tree in the foreground... All of this could be discussed with feedback, but I'm honestly so lacking drive I am struggling to get the effort of getting out the camera, setting it up, transferring the photo etc. urgh, so much work!

(there are under-lying medical conditions that contribute to this appathy, but I need a kick in the bum to overcome the pain and just 'do' things). So do I get the camera?

edit:
Not to be a debbie downer but some clarification would be good before going forward, but let's say someone's painting or song etc. is put up on ATS and then becomes like a masterpiece or a big hit, does that mean ATS will step in and say that by t&c rights it's theirs?
edit on 27-2-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

We all go through that stage where we can't be bothered. I prefer to think of it as a time to let ideas come to you freely without the pressure to act on them. Some of my best ideas ever just happened under that dark cloud of depression.

Are there little steps you could take that don't involve too much effort? Start there. For me I usually get so excited by the first steps and what ifs that I end up getting things done in no time.

Just being around other creative people can spur you on so pop in often and make yourself at home.

Oh, and get that camera!

I would strongly advise against posting your best material here if you have plans to sell your work. However, a masterpiece given to the people is far more valuable in my eyes than being rich and famous. It could also be a great way of being talent spotted or going viral so the decision has to rest entirely with the poster.

Here is what the mods have to say...

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.

edit on 2722014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Yeah I highly doubt I'd ever get famous (I'd hate that) or even come close, just something to keep in mind. Although I am finding work extremely difficult so I've taken up painting as a hobby in the last couple of years. I was planning to try and sell some of my paintings at the markets, is that ok mods or is that going against the t&c's if I post a pic here to ask for ideas and feedback on them??

(edit) Does ATS just own the rights to the "photo" of the painting and not the actual painting itself?

Anyhoo, thats not what this thread is about, so I went and got the camera and took the photo, just looking for the card reader!

So, I guess it's a gift to the thread! I can handle criticism as I guess art is very subjective, I am still very new to painting so I have lots to learn, here it is. It just feels unfinished to me (size of piece is 1200x450mm - Acrylic on MDF board)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A bear looking up at the sky on the left of the river by the tree. He's looking up at the clouds because they have very subtly formed their own 'image'
That's what I see.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

You mean you see a bear in your mind? Cause I didn't put one in the painting that I know of on purpose!
So far I've only been able to paint tree's, sky and rocks... Anything like a teddy might be beyond my abilities, I even have trouble doing birds. I've tried to draw people, but they dont work either for me. I'd like to know how to break out of my simple landscapes only thing? Seems easy to say just do it I guess, but paint is expensive to waste and it seems like a luxury when I have bills to pay, so I dont take the risk of just giving something else a go.
Your right.. It need's some sort of... live factor... I wish I could maybe do a deer looking up like you suggest? But deers look really tricky for someone who only does trees!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here is something I've been working on. Its a drawing of a photo of ink droplets hitting water. It is by far the most complicated colored pencil drawing I've attempted and so far this is about 16 hours worth of work. Hope you guys like it

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Now that's what I'm talking about!

I'm so chuffed I got to scroll down and see each layer unfold instead of seeing it all at once. If you are not experienced I think it's fair to say you have a fair dollop of talent there. I can't offer any artistic advice as you are well ahead of me in those stakes but I think people would happily hang your work on their walls.

As for getting famous I'm against it too, I have a wild history and would absolutely cringe at some of the things the tabloids could print.

I'm not really comfortable answering the legal side of your question in the post quoted. I would be much happier with a mod answering that one. We are not allowed to advertise to potential buyers on ATS, I know that but I'm not sure about the rest of your question?

Mods? Feel free to advise if you know the answer, (or post creative things).

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

That is insanely good! Did you take the ink photo because I've seen some of those setups they use to make them it seems incredibly hard to pull off, but the results are amazing. But even better is your ability to reproduce the shades and forms so accurately! Please keep us updated as it goes on!

edit... pencil!? Looks so much like water colour! I cant even stay in the lines with a pencil!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I didn't take the photo. I was just surfing the web one day and found this gallery of these kind of images. I want to do the whole series but its just so time consuming. Thank you for your compliments though.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That's amazing! It looks like a 3D piece. I love the vibrant colours too. Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Yeah, seems a bit hard to understand from the t&c's, so I've contacted a couple of mods to help me and others understand better. Hopefully they will post the answer in here, otherwise I'll let you know in this thread the answer they give me via messages (with their permission of course).

Thanks for the kind words on the painting, I think I need to work on scale better though in my next work. You've inspired me to start something new from scratch, I'm wondering if I can pull off a aurora borealis... hmmm

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I love your painting!!!!! But...Jane had me looking all over for a bear. Hahaha!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Im still trying to find it, and I painted it apparently!
Thankyou, your feeding me some confidence

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Qumulys

I was planning to try and sell some of my paintings at the markets, is that ok mods or is that going against the t&c's if I post a pic here to ask for ideas and feedback on them??

Nothing wrong with posting images and asking for ideas and feedback. nicely done, btw. You have colour sense, a good eye and a steady hand, which are important for the painting you created.

Does ATS just own the rights to the "photo" of the painting and not the actual painting itself?

ATS has no rights to the painting at all. However, the photo which you took with your camera and processed on your computer now jointly belongs to you and ATS because you posted it here. It's all spelled out in the T&C's.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Ah thank you! just sent you a PM and you've already answered in here so ignore that message! Your on the ball! I'm clear on it now and very much relieved to know our art is still ours

Please everyone check out masqua's art from the footer link, it's incredible and inspiring!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Tsu322
I would strongly advise against posting your best material here if you have plans to sell your work. However, a masterpiece given to the people is far more valuable in my eyes than being rich and famous. It could also be a great way of being talent spotted or going viral so the decision has to rest entirely with the poster.

Go ahead, ATS admin, mods and members... use this image of me wherever you want as long as you correctly identify where you got it from.

The price for the painting itself is a real steal at $5b USD.

edit on 27/2/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Very nice. There's a Dutch photographer who is making a name for himself taking pictures of water and inks mixing. Your way is MUCH harder.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I switched from 2D printmaking to film making. I don't know if that qualifies for the Lounge though.

Heres a sample....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Wonderful! What paint type/brand is that? It just bursts colour and is so solid and crisp. *bows to master*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join