It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo webcam images from millions of users intercepted by GCHQ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have had black tape over my laptop's camera since the day i bought it. (

But, what about my my newer electronics?

My new 60" TV doesn't have a "web camera".

................or does it?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I put an OBEY sticker over my laptop camera after reading this thread.

But now there are actual eyes looking at me and it's kind of weird
edit on 1-3-2014 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Maxatoria
If any of them were under 18 and getting their bits out the person viewing them could be technically done for viewing CP as its illegal to have a sexual imagine of anyone under 18 with the only exception being people 16-18 who are in a serious relationship/married

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing GHCQ and the NSA have the biggest collections of CP (can we not say that phrase here???) around. Why aren't the heads of the organizations and their minions involved being investigated and put in the slammer for it?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I just want to go ahead and put this out there while we're lumping all devices into a pile, indeed big brother is watching listening and learning, I'm well versed in the use and "manipulation" of computers and software, since I phones and androids have taken the markets, I've also delved into them as well, some of you may or may not have heard of a piece of software that is not limited to either apple or android BOTH device contain it, its called "carrier iq" and the only way to remove it is to either "root" or "jailbreak" depending on the device you use

Here's an article with some helpful information, and as far as hacking your phone...your on you own.

Carrier IQ 2014

Carrier IQ

But I recommend to either discontinue use of said devices or take care of at least one of the problems
edit on 3/1/2014 by LionEatsSheep because: Added more up to date link

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Might I humbly propose that everyone with the capability to do so, get together, pick a date and time and spend a few minutes messaging "Yeah...I'm a terrorist", "F!@# The NSA" and "I've got a bomb for you" over and over again while displaying their middle finger or their rear end on their webcam? You know...just to let our government know exactly what we think of them.

Maybe we can call it "The Million Middle Finger March!".

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Keep in mind though; Even if you have your lenses taped, the microphone can be turned on, listening in on conversations.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

sometimes its hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel for this stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join