It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Embraces a Lifelong Cause: Helping Minority Boys Succeed (My Brothers Keeper)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ex-presidents like to have a 'cause' after the presidency. Jimmy Carter had/has Habitat for Humanity. Bill Clinton has the Clinton Initiative. George W. Bush and his wife work a lot in Africa and continue his anti-AIDS work there.

The Obama administration has stated that Barack Obama's 'cause' will be to continue with his new 'My Brother Keeper' program. A program that is supposed to help young minority men graduate from high school and to stay out of trouble. Valerie Jarrett (who really runs the White House) has gushed that she is sure that Obama will be active with this program pretty much for the rest of his life - because he's so dedicated to young black people and so dedicated to the new program.

Obama Embraces a Lifelong Cause: Helping Minority Boys Succeed

As part of “My Brother’s Keeper,” as the new campaign is known, the White House will bring together nonprofits, foundations and private businesses to endorse and test out programs designed to help young minority men graduate from high school, stay out of juvenile detention centers and prisons, and train for and get good jobs. ..

But what started as a second-term presidential bid to confront a vexing social crisis may be turning into a lifelong cause. Senior White House aides confirm to Yahoo News that a major focus of Obama’s post-presidency will be a broad-based, lifelong effort to lift up a demographic that feels perennially written off and left behind. Obama, who wrote a best-selling memoir probing questions of race, identity and his own fatherlessness, is plotting a return to the issues that have been central to own life and will continue to shape generations of young black men after he leaves the White House.

"I think it’s something that's deeply personal to the president and first lady,” said Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to the president and the Obamas’ closest friend from Chicago. “I’m sure their commitment to this initiative will be a lifelong commitment. This is not something they simply want to do while he’s in office — it will continue.”

Education Secretary Arne Duncan, who once ran the Chicago public schools, echoed Jarrett, telling Yahoo News in an interview that he believes the Obamas will be dedicated to the issue for decades. “This is core to who they are individually and core to who they are together.

Five years of the Obama administration really hasn't helped the average black person on the street ... heck, it hasn't helped the average person of ANY race in America - IMHO.
Yahoo News

The unemployment rate last month for African-American men over the age of 20 was 12 percent, compared with 5.4 percent for white men. Hispanic men over the age of 20 faced an unemployment rate of 8.2 percent.

Obama will also order his administration to examine programs that work and to discard those that do not help improve the lives of minority men. The White House pointed to bipartisan initiatives already underway to change criminal justice practices and guidelines.

Not off to a good start - the announcment about the program has had to be postponed -
USA Today - Obama's 'My Brothers Keeper Program Announcement Postponed

The Washington Times thinks the program is a bit ironic ...
Washington Times

Setting aside the lunacy of divvying up mankind based on the hue of their skin, it is truly a rich irony that generous Americans must suffer through a sermon from this president on how to better be our brother’s keeper.
Most of us struggle along and help the best we can no matter how much trouble our brother or our neighbor or our friend gets into. Most Americans don’t sit around waiting for yet another goofy federal program to help our brother.

But since Mr. Obama brings it up, let’s talk about taking care of our brothers, both literal and figurative. Let’s start with literal.

George Hussein Obama is the president’s half brother who lives in a tin shack in a Nairobi, Kenya, slum, struggling with addictions to booze and drugs, according to numerous news reports. What, Barack Obama, have you done to help a brother who shares your blood?

Not a thing, according to brother George, who reportedly had to hit up anti-Obama filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza for $1,000 to cover medical expenses for his sick child. Way to be your brother’s keeper, Mr. President.

If he can really help young people stay on the straight and narrow ... great. As long as he does it without hurting other groups of people ... as long as he does it without interfering with our Constitutional rights ... as long as he does it without discriminating against those who he isn't trying to help .... lots of 'as long as he does it without ....' (I don't trust politicians and their 'causes'. Lots of it turns out to be political with a sugar coating of 'helping' to make it look good.)

edit on 2/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Does this"program"have anything to do with Obama's message to teachers not to discipline their out of control black students statements?If so Mr.president is going to have problems.The implications from that one statement alone is chilling in a few ways.For instance if blacks feel they are ENTITLED to act out with impunity in school how do you expect them to behave afterwards??Honestly has to be the most ignorant statement made by anyone much less a US president,IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He's got an uphill battle against him. Rough-area high school kids will only say they want to change to get you off their backs.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If anyone's foolish enough to still believe this psychopath wants to help any disadvantaged American, they haven't been paying attention. Everyone Obarry has done has been done with the intention to CRUSH and ERODE and DESTROY the american dream... just like Bush, just like Clinton, just like all of the criminals that the people elect to be their so-called "leaders."

The kind of society you get is based upon the qualities of those chosen to represent it. And with the immorality and illegality and overall sociopaths traits of those we venerate enough to vote into office, it's small wonder this country is going down the road it's on.

Nothing will change for the better until we the people wake up and stop ceding our freedom and our power to these scumbags.
edit on 26-2-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My Brothers Keeper

Wow...racism sure goes both ways.

Another program that participants will come to depend on to get through Life's obstacles.

Well done Pres, well done.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The oval office idiot does it again!, does he say and do stuff, such as this to prove how much a "minority" he is?, he's full of empty promises and sh#t.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Good to hear Obama is so " dedicated to young black boys" - I knew he'd come out of the closet one day LOL

Seriously Obama is Stupid because he's using the phrase My brothers Keeper incorrectly - what he is actually saying is that he is the Overseer or Master of the black young boys - ( no sexual jokes here, keep reading)

The phrase comes, of course, from Genesis, chapter 4 -- God's devastating interrogation of Cain after Cain killed Abel out of rank jealousy. God asks Cain innocently, "Where is your brother, Abel? " Cain replies, "I don't know," and asks, "Am I my brother's keeper?" Now, some of us grew up aping that catchy margarine slogan, "it's not nice to fool Mother Nature," so we can immediately recognize that it is probably not a great idea to try to deceive the Creator of heaven and earth, especially just after you did something He warned you not to do. God, of course, is not amused and curses Cain, who ends up lamenting, "My punishment is more than I can bear."

But what was Cain actually saying when he uttered those words to God? The Hebrew word used here for "keeper" means more than "protector" or "defender"; it is more akin to "overseer" or "master," as in "keeping" sheep (1 Samuel 17:20, 22); royal wardrobes (2 Kings 22:14); the king's forest (Nehemiah 2:3, 3:29); gates (1 Chronicles 9:19); vineyards (Song of Solomon 1:6); and the temple threshold (Jeremiah 52:24) [ii]. Although these jobs are foreign to most of us, we can get the sense of them by thinking "zookeeper" or "doorkeeper."

Now, if you think that treating your brother like a dumb animal, a clothes collection, a tree, a gate, a vine, or a doorway is charitable, then consider the context -- Cain was wise-assing God! Cain wasn't responsibly pondering, "Am I my brother's noble defender?" He was saying, "How the hell do I know where he is? It's not in my job description to keep track of him!" It was meant to shame God into replying, "On no, of course you aren't. I'm so sorry I asked." Simply put, Cain's rhetorical sneer is not the query of a loving, responsible brother, but the bald bluster of a brutal murderer.

www.americanthinker.com...

Now, these folks in Government are smart, they have used incorrect phrases many times before to fool the public when they really know the true meaning of the phrase. They count on people being dumb and take advantage. It's possible Obama is doing the same here. I have no proof to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

TDawg61
Does this"program"have anything to do with Obama's message to teachers not to discipline their out of control black students statements?If so Mr.president is going to have problems.The implications from that one statement alone is chilling in a few ways.For instance if blacks feel they are ENTITLED to act out with impunity in school how do you expect them to behave afterwards??Honestly has to be the most ignorant statement made by anyone much less a US president,IMO.

Yeah, that really raised a lot of peoples eyebrows when Obama said that, and rightfully so. He wants bad behavior covered up and that isn't right at all. There are even many inner city schools who allow students to use profanity openly with no consequences, this was told to me by two different teachers. I just don't get it and I'm not going to try to, either.

Why not help out ALL KIDS? You hardly ever hear of any help for poor white kids, and there are just as many of them than there are poor black kids. I think when you shut out other groups,- that it just further separates people/races. Again, it should be for all.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

As much as I DO think that the 'bath house' conspiracy has legs, I don't think that the 'My Brothers Keeper' thing is sexual at all. I think it's just posturing and it's racial. (which is bad enough)

top topics

join