It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Appeal For The Return Or proper Burial Of Body Parts Trophies :

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

"This is not a pleasant Thread, but it's one of those things that needed to be said before we can heal ourselves of the scourge of racism and all kinds of isms and phobias"

I need to be healed too, the racism the Irish underwent with pubs saying "no dogs blacks or Irish men wanted", Jews need to be healed too because of the Nazi, the British need to be healed too because of the roman invasion, the Japanese need to be healed too because of the hydrogen bomb the Americans doped on them, the American Indians need to be healed because of the white Americans, the south Americans need to be healed because of the Spanish, the Indians need to be healed twice once for the Aryans and then for the British, Aborigines need to be healed because of the white poms who got sent there, the maori for a similar reason.....one thing for sure though Blacks are predicted never to heal and use it as an eternal excuse !

The world was and still is a harsh place, if someone thinks they can use you because you are weaker they will, its true for all people.
edit on 25-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by Spider879

"This is not a pleasant Thread, but it's one of those things that needed to be said before we can heal ourselves of the scourge of racism and all kinds of isms and phobias"

I need to be healed too, the racism the Irish underwent with pubs saying "no dogs blacks or Irish men wanted", Jews need to be healed too because of the Nazi, the British need to be healed too because of the roman invasion, the Japanese need to be healed too because of the hydrogen bomb the Americans doped on them, the American Indians need to be healed because of the white Americans, the south Americans need to be healed because of the Spanish, the Indians need to be healed twice once for the Aryans and then for the British, Aborigines need to be healed because of the white poms who got sent there, the maori for a similar reason.....one thing for sure though Blacks are predicted never to heal and use it as an eternal excuse !

The world was and still is a harsh place, if someone thinks they can use you because you are weaker they will, its true for all people.
edit on 25-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

Yes the world needs healing and much of the baggage is in fact carry overs from the unresolved past, however the fact is many a white folk in my country literally carry the bodies of the murdered ones with them in their homes and minds that help shaped their world view,why did that man's mom had to die because of the in action of that POS fire chief??..why was she not seen as simply human what shaped his world view,And if African American (Blacks is too wide a category with varying histories) have a difficult time healing it is directly linked to white folks who carries such contempt passed down from their ancestors, the two are intertwined,and what happens when the abused becomes the abuser.

These people still carries the body parts of lynched African Americans in their homes!! this in no way compares to Irish Americans not getting a fair shake or discriminated against in the context of the United States.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Spider879
...however the fact is many a white folk in my country literally carry the bodies of the murdered ones with them in their homes ...These people still carries the body parts of lynched African Americans in their homes!!

Which country do you live in? Because I've never heard of anyone having black people bits or lynching memorabilia (other than photos) at the house as a trophy, ever.

Now, I have seen a number of B/W photos from the 40s of lynchings, but they're generally discussed as something like 'this is what used to go on around here a long time ago', not 'whoopee, look at that # swing!'. Excepting maybe Arab, Alabama, where it probably still goes on.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Bedlam

Spider879
...however the fact is many a white folk in my country literally carry the bodies of the murdered ones with them in their homes ...These people still carries the body parts of lynched African Americans in their homes!!

Which country do you live in? Because I've never heard of anyone having black people bits or lynching memorabilia (other than photos) at the house as a trophy, ever.

Now, I have seen a number of B/W photos from the 40s of lynchings, but they're generally discussed as something like 'this is what used to go on around here a long time ago', not 'whoopee, look at that # swing!'. Excepting maybe Arab, Alabama, where it probably still goes on.

I am currently living out side the U.S..Japan to be exact, the fact that you had never heard of this is no surprise but that does not mean it did not take place pls check the links provided,I am not saying that such practice is taking place today(all hell would break loose) ,but under Jim Crow when Lynchings were pretty common, and this is in living memories of a lot of folks alive today'I cannot tell you when the last Lynching was recorded off the top of my head but anyone over 60 would have lived through at-least part of that era.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Spider879 And if African American (Blacks is too wide a category with varying histories) have a difficult time healing it is directly linked to white folks who carries such contempt passed down from their ancestors, the two are intertwined,and what happens when the abused becomes the abuser.

You might need to reassess that, some white folk feel that way because they have lived, went to school, interacted with the African American community and came away from the experience with nothing positive to report about them, in life you see what you see and you learn from what you see!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

LUXUS

Spider879 And if African American (Blacks is too wide a category with varying histories) have a difficult time healing it is directly linked to white folks who carries such contempt passed down from their ancestors, the two are intertwined,and what happens when the abused becomes the abuser.

You might need to reassess that, some white folk feel that way because they have lived, went to school, interacted with the African American community and came away from the experience with nothing positive to report about them, in life you see what you see and you learn from what you see!

I went to school with white folks also and not all my experience were positive,but that have diddly squat to do with Jim Crow era dismemberment of African Americans and body parts for trophies, for in much of the regions where that took place they couldn't even interact in the same schools.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There is no way there isn't some residual from this. It definitely is what it is. Our experience shape how we think of people in general terms. It's when people (on both sides) can rise above and think maturely about it. How should whites deal with this today. How should blacks deal with this today. They teach the history in schools (part of it), and then let people process it in their own way. I would say large scale therapy is in order, to some extent. At minimum teach kids (catch while young), how the past can teach us and we shouldn't allow what horrors existed then to shape how we see people today, causing us to feel guilt, rage, etc.. Both sides need to hear it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Spider879
I went to school with white folks also and not all my experience were positive,but that have diddly squat to do with Jim Crow era dismemberment of African Americans and body parts for trophies, for in much of the regions where that took place they couldn't even interact in the same schools.

That was my point, you said the reason some whites feel the way they do about black people today is because of slavery, body parts as trophies etc I was simply showing you the error in that thinking. Most people develop an opinion based on what they see TODAY, themselves, with their own eyes, not something they read in some history book,Its a two way street I think.

As for these trophies I do know that yes when people were lynched they did take trophies but I seriously cant imagine people still have them today that's gross!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

LUXUS

Spider879

That was my point, you said the reason some whites feel the way they do about black people today is because of slavery, body parts as trophies etc I was simply showing you the error in that thinking. Most people develop an opinion based on what they see TODAY, themselves, with their own eyes, not something they read in some history book,Its a two way street I think.

As for these trophies I do know that yes when people were lynched they did take trophies but I seriously cant imagine people still have them today that's gross!

Yes part of it is due to personal contacts/conflicts no different from personal contact/conflicts some Blacks have of whites today,but another part is that old lingering baggage from the bad ol days, mind you this story popped up on my news feed I sure wasn't searching for it,however given the wider context of the story (check the first vid pls) of the fireman's inaction and the response of the City investigator of outing his family's past whether he was trying to intimidate or educate cemented the fact that'...yes some folks still kept body parts in their family's home,mind you my purpose in making this thread is to try to convince folks to get rid of those body parts in a respectable fashion hopefully returning it to the family or at least to the city,for I think it would be a good thing overall for the families of the victims and perpetrators, at least one poster knew of body parts (although not of lynched AAs) bought home from Vietnam and Iraq by both family members and friends,that cannot be a healthy thing for the mind.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join