It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest bit of crust firms up idea of a cool early Earth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by blamethegreys

Just to throw a spanner out there, as an expert on this could this actually be non terrestrial Zircon, possible from the impact which may have formed the moon.

And out of left field we have this guy ^ .... Thats a nice curveball you got there kid .
Its actually a great hypothesis as that would have roughly been about the time these events were happening. Thanks for shaking things up a bit and keeping us on our toes. I'll be sure to forward your post to the scientist working on this.

I can see it now:
Tom opens email reads post, contemplates for a minute .... then face palms.
Dr . Roberts comes over and asks "Tom what is it ? "
Tom ask " Did we publish yet ? "

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

Always fun and interesting though to ponder new ideas though I am no doubt just a layman.

Same here as others who have joined in on the thread have shown us. Its good to speculate but also helps to have some background.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

.Dont forget to take into account the heavy bombardment period during the early years of formation so grab a pen and paper and don't forget to carry the one .

Thaks, lol. When I saw the math my mind glitched. Then it when blank from the light generated by all those impacts…

That seems to be a standard accepted theory… that early on the earth was constantly bombarded and kept in a molten state by all the stuff raining down.

I think there were epochs in its history like that. One poster mentioned the impact that formed the moon-- an event of that size would result in a rain of meteoric debris that lasts for eons maybe, but eventually the earth goes back to just slowly accreting.

If the sun was burping and sputtering to life for a while the solar system would be filled with dust cooled from the plasma emitted by it. That would make for some heavy sediments on all the planets is my guessing… but in dust form, not sizable impactors.

When viewed from afar other young star systems appear dully lit and surrounded by dusty halos. This is surely a dynamic as yet little understood process.

If thats what we are viewing here…

media.web.britannica.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I posted in another thread talking about this topic but that was posted later, so I'll ask here too; Could it be the Mars sized object that hit the Earth was composed of ice? It could explain why the Earth cooled faster and is so full of water?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Thats a very interesting proposition..... My knowledge of the early solar system or astrogeology doesn't extend that far however that would explain quite a few of the questions regarding water being present and early earth cooling. Cool hypothesis.... ( see what I did there
)

I like the outside of the box thinking going on in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join