It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Glue, Rock Balancing, Michael Grab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
www.gravityglue.com...

Gravity Glue, Rock Balancing.

Michael Grab has mastered the art of stone balancing. He explains how he does it. “The most fundamental element of balancing in a physical sense is finding some kind of “tripod” for the rock to stand on. Every rock is covered in a variety of tiny to large indentations that can act as a tripod for the rock to stand upright, or in most orientations you can think of with other rocks. By paying close attention to the feeling of the rocks, you will start to feel even the smallest clicks as the notches of the rocks in contact are moving over one another. In the finer point balances, these clicks can be felt on a scale smaller than millimeters. Some point balances will give the illusion of weightlessness as the rocks look to be barely touching. Parallel to the physical element of finding tripods, the most fundamental non-physical element is harder to explain through words. In a nutshell, I am referring to meditation, or finding a zero point or silence within yourself. Some balances can apply significant pressure on your mind and your patience. The challenge is overcoming any doubt that may arise.”

I am putting this under metaphysics because he uses meditation as well.

www.lifebuzz.com...

www.gravityglue.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
A brief visit with Michael Grab and his Gravity Glue

youtu.be...

While experimenting with my camera's time lapse features in a Boulder Colorado park, I found Michael Grab working hard at play in Boulder Creek. This short feature doesn't do his work justice but at least you can get an idea of what he does. He's amazing. It's a real joy to see him create these beautiful natural rock sculptures. Lots of people have watched him work. The Daily Camera ran a story about Mike the day after most of this video was shot.
Check out his web site at: gravityglue.com...

edit on 092828p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thank you so much for this thread ! This looks to be a very serene practice. What a way to ground yourself. I am watching now.

leolady

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

People are so cool sometimes.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Michael Grab (Gravity Glue) - Stone Balance Demonstration.mp4

youtu.be...

I think I want to try this,

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

coolcatt

People are so cool sometimes.

Absolutely,

I would love to just it there by the stream and stare at these formations he builds

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

leolady

Thank you so much for this thread ! This looks to be a very serene practice. What a way to ground yourself. I am watching now.

leolady

Oh yes I agree, he does workshops, I want to do this.
edit on 102828p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Some of the formations do look like they should defy gravity. Wow.

You know as I was watching I could not help but think that he is pulling the rocks from a flowing river bed. The water is flowing over these rocks that he is pulling from the river creek to use. These rocks still hold the frequency or vibration of the water flowing through and over them. Could this be part of what is holding them in the formations. The rocks hold a similar frequency therefore they naturally will fit together.

I love this stuff !

leolady
edit on 23-2-2014 by leolady because: sp

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

After watching the last video it does seem to take on some of the metaphysical, and I notice the weights and balances necessary.

Maybe I will start with three small stones, lol

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The first time I ever saw rock balancing was while hiking the Appalachian Trail and coming into the Nantahala river area where the river guides had adopted the practice. None were as impressive as the ones shown here, but they were all over the place and it was like stepping into Lord of the Rings or something. It stayed with me and I've started little colonies all over the place either alone or with friends.

Cool thread.

edit on 23-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You can run across these stoned out edifices all over the backwoods of BC......Canada...
its a really good hobby to learn patience with.....people just pile em up in all kinds of out of the way places.............bravo!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is so awesome!

I just read about him this morning, watched the vids.
Synchronicity - I bought a collection of about 50 beautiful rocks and fossils from an estate sale a few weeks ago - I've been mulling over ideas for them - now I know what I'm going to do!!!! I also have rocks that I've collected from roadsides and dug up - now I've got enough to make this kind of stuff!!

My house is made of stone, and this will be AWESOME yard art.

Getting a new phone tomorrow, and will start with the project - I'm also going to catalog all of them - my daughter visited over Memorial Day and we sat and looked them over for about an hour - she looked at me and said, "I call dibs!" (meaning this collection will go to her at my passing).

I'll photograph the pile, and then log it as I go along.
Anyone else wanna try it and share your formations???

FUN!!

top topics

join