It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AAAANNNND CANADA TAKES THE GOLD AGAIN IN HOCKEY!!!!! SOCHI 2014.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What an awesome game of hockey!
I had so much fun watching this game as my crew and I all huddle in a pile, in front of a stretched piece of white fabric, with a projector streaming the game in the back.
Oh man! when the clock ran out and Canada won the gold, we all jumped up and in a huddle sang our national anthem.

I love my friends, I love my country, and I love hockey. I love how it brings us together, and just let loose and have fun.

Canada wins gold in men's hockey.... again.
edit on 23-2-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

Canada has defeated Sweden 3-0 for the gold medal in men's hockey.

Sweden was utterly stifled by the Canadian defenders. Sweden upped their pace in third but was unable to beat Carey Price.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

They played like girls lol 3 goals against through the series ..wow must be a record ...YAY Canada

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

SalientSkivvy
What an awesome game of hockey!
I had so much fun watching this game as my crew and I all huddle in a pile, in front of a stretched piece of white fabric, with a projector streaming the game in the back.
Oh man! when the clock ran out and Canada won the gold, we all jumped up and in a huddle sang our national anthem.

I love my friends, I love my country, and I love hockey. I love how it brings us together, and just let loose and have fun.

Canada wins gold in men's hockey.... again.

Well it IS a Canadian sport so them winning is not a surprise.
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Does this really surprise anyone? This is a team coming from a nation which is hell bent obsessed with ice hockey, lol. I mean, they care so much that they riot over it.

Anyway, congratulations!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i am now a Hockey convert...Loved the Russia V USA Game. Hooked ever since.
I wont be taking up the sport. too old for that, Some of those guys can go backwards from a standing start faster than i can run forwards in my plimsoles.
Puck travels a bit too fast for my eyes at times, other than that...Great sport, i can see this catching on.

Go Canada.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

lol yeah, I was kinda hoping for a more fierce game, but whatever. It was a great time. Respect

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's not only Canada that is fixated on hockey ..The USA has more teams in the NHL ..Finland Sweden Russia and many others compete in the game and like it very much ....but then again we have Don Cherry .:>)
edit on 23-2-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I was actually living out in Vancouver at the time when that all went down. I was working across the river, or body of water or whatever from downtown... It was pretty crazy...

Honestly I think it was a bunch of people who have been reading and seeing the news of the riots over the rest of the world, and really wanted to partake in that... but really have no reason to... lol... and a bunch of spoiled rich kids. I dunno. It was kinda funny to walk through downtown after and see the mess. Flipped over, torched cop cars and stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Congrats!! We love our hockey here in Pittsburgh too..( cough ). CROSBY!
Man Canada rocked the house this morning..I've been following Canadian twitter friends..they sent pics of the at local sports bars at 5am. Geesh one even sent me a pic of her at a Tim Horton's with a case of beer and a big screen TV.

Well played Canada! Well played!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Haha I LOVE Don Cherry and his crazy suits!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

SalientSkivvy
reply to post by Bigburgh

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Game was awsome stayed up all night to not miss a second, also so happy carey price played big for canada, im a habs fan.

Side note im happy that selanne got the tournamemt mvp, classy player.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

CA NA DA!!! CA NA DA!!!! This team was surgical throughout the tourney. Babcock is a genius.

Awesome to see Kunitz and Price get rid of the haters.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

All three pics tell the story to how I felt about my Team USA losing to Team Canada in the semifinals...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

A Pic of Obama giving Harper his case of beer would have looked cool but seeing you guys get Biber we will let that pass ..

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by jhn7537

A Pic of Obama giving Harper his case of beer would have looked cool but seeing you guys get Biber we will let that pass ..

I guess it's only fair since we broke it, so it looks like we need to keep it.....sigh

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This gold medal just made Carey Price the New Living God of Montreal... Damn.

Now he'll win ALL the Molson Cups there are to win... lol

Congrats Canada!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It was an Epic game indeed!! I was nervous in the first period, but that didnt last long.

Congrats to Sweden and Finland for winning bronze and silver!

It is a great day to be Canadian!

Hockey gold remains with its rightful owners, You worked your butts of and deserve this win!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

You do know that hockey has been around for a very long time, It sounds like you have never heard of hockey before..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join