It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear ATS, I do not want nor can afford a Jeep or Ford truck.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I can understand a little ad here and there on the side/top/bottom of my screen but you fill it fullscreen with ads for these vehicles which I have no money for, so I am not gonna buy one. Stop trying.

Firepiston

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

I agree jeep and ford ad's suck...
If your gonna force me to watch an ad could you at least make it for the New Mclaren P1
Now there's a car I never get tired looking at.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Get out there and grind.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If the advertising makes you mad…

its working.

If it gets you telling us about the ads…

its also working.

I have owned Fords though…

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Found On Road Dead.

Fargin Old Rebuilt Dodge

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Perhaps youd care for a Toyota then sir?.............

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
They just want to motivate you to push yourself harder so you can get pretty things

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Indigent
They just want to motivate you to push yourself harder so you can get pretty things

Babes in skimpy bikinis works better as a motivator.
All a part of that conspicuous consumption economic model. We convert the buying and use of goods into rituals, that we seek our spiritual satisfactions, our ego satisfactions, in consumption. The measure of social status, of social acceptance, of prestige! That's how you get the girl by Buying more stuff!!!

Sorry, I found myself channeling Alan Durning there.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ford reverse is driver returns on foot

Dodge. dirty old dog got eaten
Chevy. Chicken has every vein yanked.
That is all.

I think the ads are set locally to the area you are in. I gather this because when I don't allow my location to be seen.
I'll get an ad for EL POLLO LOCO. that chain is out west. I'm in PA. I also get great deals to reduce loans in New York. I also get request to date local singles in Phoenix AZ.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Eta. The new ad that slides down from the top of the screen and without warning. Crashes the ATS page and I always have to reboot.

But like I said 2 weeks ago when another ad rant was posted.ATS is not free. It has to get money somewhere.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Would you like some toast? Or, perhaps a nice scone, or bagle, or waffle?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

El pollo loco is a real thing!
thank you, you gave me my knowledge of today

back on topic, i want some pollo loco now

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
And remember....commercials can come in blocks. Blocks of a multitude of products from different companies owned by the same people.

Getting mad at ATS wont do any good. It could have been a parent company paying $$$$$ to advertise a ton of different things they handle.

I don't think necessarily its say... FORD MOTOR COMPANY...whose board sits there and decides "Hey! Lets put an ad on ATS!" Sometimes, sure. But mostly its advertising packages who group items together and advertise on a wide variety of totally different sites. And those sites...after taking the fees...have little knowledge of all that's going to appear on them.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by Bigburgh

El pollo loco is a real thing!
thank you, you gave me my knowledge of today

back on topic, i want some pollo loco now

Lol!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yeah. nix on the Jeeps, worse, I don't want to have to terminate three ads before I even get to log in. Worse even more, depending upon my login speed (I'm slow, ok?) they screw up and/or sidetrack my login. Grrrrr!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Then don't buy one. Further, don't move your cursor over the advertisement that clearly says, "Roll over to see ad." I used to see the Jeep ad, but now I usually don't. Why? because I clicked on an ad for a mattress a couple of weeks ago, so now in place of the Jeep ad I see an ad for that brand of mattress over and over again. I am so done with mattress ads like weeks ago, but they still pump them out to me BECAUSE I clicked on one once. They are targeted to me.

You're bothered by Jeep ads. I'm bothered by you rant about Jeep ads. But the thing is, I know that's not your fault, because I have an alternative. If I am bothered by your rant about Jeep ads I don't have to click on your thread. Then I don't have to read your rant. Just like for Jeep ads. if I don't actually click on the damn thing (or roll over it), I won't have to endure watching the ad.

Your rant; the Jeep ad. Same solution. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There is advertising on ATS?

Didn't notice...✨

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Dear Firepiston

I'm sure you do want a free website. As such, an ad that you can click off and/or not pay any attention to may be a small sacrifice.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
firefox + a few apps like Disconnect + world ip + referer control = no ads, without even using an ad blocker, for further control use no script

disconnect.me...

www.wipmania.com...

github.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You mean ATS is run like a business! How dare they not hemorrhage money. Lol

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thank you... ad to that menopausal issues that are of no concern to me at this point in life!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

How many of those apps violate t&c? Personally I boycott any product whose ads disrupt my enjoyment of the internet. If you advertise on Youtube I'm probably never buying any of your products. Youtube has gone WAY overboard with ads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join