It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bit Coin The NWO Global Currency?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

True ..but we dont know who even made Bitcoin and what they have in place or other information they could be collecting..and for all I know Bitcoin could be the anti NWO as well....

The blockchain is not some mysterious thing full of magic and voodoo. The tech. Is well understood by greater minds than any of us here bar a few. The idea has been used in many other 'coins' and is open. The guy behind btc is not collecting data. Hes not watching you ala person of interest with sophisticated woowoo monitors. Hes filthy rich of course for a bloke in the UK pretending to be a Japanese guy. But the fear/paranoia you feel is simply a lack of understanding.

I often see things about concerns with btc/cryptos that start with the words "now i dont know much but..."

Seriously. Its not too complicated as a concept. You can remove most of the NWO concerns by just watching the people who build on it. Litecoin for instance. Hell even doge anyone can make a crypto. Whether it shows innovation and sustainability, thats the key.. the NWO have gold. Its shiny..

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The real world problem with currency is this. EBT, and ACH transfers. Because we are relying so much on credit cards and plastic records keeping of your personal bank account, your information is being processed through a great number of different servers and companies running them. Bit coin utilizes a much more complex, yet simple method to store transaction data through a centralized server. Each computer that is built to "mine" bit coins is purchased by every day people like you and me even today. With the use of an internet connection and a mere thousand dollars to purchase a computer to run the software is all you need to start mining them. Government doesn't like this idea due to liability issues.

What the governments (which means each continent) disagree's with is the fact that a hacker could dismantle the code and start f'n you in the a and you wouldn't know about it. However because the code is written so deliberately: each bitcoin is accounted for on the spot. Transactions do not complete until it is recognized in the central server master list. Where each bitcoin goes, what its identification number is, and who it gets registered to. Stealing bitcoins becomes a lot harder seeing how they have to have an origin, and they have to have a receiver. Each receiver has to be registered. If any bitcoin user is determined to be "an alias" then no one can claim the bitcoins, for the alias is an account without someone having an ID.

So how do you prove that you are indeed who you say you are? The same way you prove your existence on this planet to almost any company. Utility bills. Your utility bill has your name and your address on it. It has a company that it is being serviced by. Usually they always have their phone number on the bill.

You don't pass registration then bitcoins are rendered useless.

So to prevent this everyone is accounted for. No more checks being falsely signed, no more account number hacks, no more fraud.

And that little voice comes out of no where: "What happens if someone steals your identity?"

PASSWORD.

"And if they steal that?"

Well sit. If your password is easy to guess then that is your own d-fault. But because more and more programs are beginning to attach mac addresses, or other identification methods such as your phones EDM, or your very own Sim card, I see it becoming much harder to steal bitcoins than regular cash.

My info however is really old so they might of come up with better and new ways to prevent hackers and misuse of bitcoin accounts.

I do know that they shut down a black market entirely after they were caught money laundering.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GiulXainx

What the governments (which means each continent) disagree's with is the fact that a hacker could dismantle the code and start f'n you in the a and you wouldn't know about it. However because the code is written so deliberately: each bitcoin is accounted for on the spot. Transactions do not complete until it is recognized in the central server master list.

Lol... what in the hell are you talking about, are you pulling this out of your ass or what? There is no central bitcoin server, it's not like bitcoin is the Napster of money. Get with the times, Bitcoin is purely peer-to-peer and there is absolutely no central server, there is nothing for the government to target and shut down like there was with Napster. And there is no way for a hacker to "dismantle the code", the entire P2P network as a whole must agree on the history of the blockchain. You could download a fake client and get a virus or something, but if you don't download the client from an untrustworthy site then you will be fine.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I think I got my litecoins and bitcoins mixed up again... Hang on let me count them....

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
From my perspective, Bitcoin or whatever still CAN fall into TPTB hands if they want. For BitCoin its a bit harder for them because of its decentralized nature, but it still can be done.

The real "money" that cannot be manipulated is time, anything other than time can/is/being manipulated. But its a far fetched dream, at least we got BitCoin.

Another thing, I dont think BitCoin is only winner, I believe LiteCoin also a winner. A bit like gold/silver relation.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

cosmicexplorer

True ..but we dont know who even made Bitcoin and what they have in place or other information they could be collecting..and for all I know Bitcoin could be the anti NWO as well....

Why do you need to know who created it when you can read the full source code yourself? The code speaks for its self, it doesn't need a leader to explain why he created it just so he can be attacked by people who don't hold the same beliefs as him. It's a completely decentralized system, all you need to do is look at the code and you see everything it's capable of doing. If there was some secret code in their designed to track you then we'd know about it.

I suppose you dont need to know... the idea of Bitcoin is pretty intelligent and I respect that they would want to remain anonymous however....to think it couldnt be used in a nefarious way against the people invested in it is a bit naive. Id wager..and this is only speculation...that the makers of it were looking to assist people in laundering money, and it has since hit mainstream and become much more than just that. I for one like the idea of Bitcoin and plan on trying it myself. Its a huge risk because of its uncertainty....but thats what draws me to it!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

I actually invest in Bitcoin and similar cryptocoins. I noticed a few errors in the OP and other responces to it.

Bitcoin did not collaps. It rises and falls often but most often when related to events in other countries. Recently, china mentioned that it wouldn't be ok with it, and it caused BIT to drop in a big way. A short time later it recovered. Since then, china loosened some restrictions on it. Now just in the last week or so, Russia banned bitcoin's use in it's country. Once again, the price fell, but again recovered. Though, it's not at it's recent price of just under 900, it's still close and will be raising soon, if my guess it correct. I watch Bitcoin and other crypto coins daily because I have a pretty good collection of coins. I originally invested $50 and since then, my worth is well above $8000.00 from playing with these coins. Though.. I did recently make a dumb move and traded by dogecoins and missed out on making $58,000 but I traded the coins a few days before for other coins. REALLY stupid move. I knew it in my bones I was making the mistake. The price went from .~29 to .~360 no sonner than I traded my coins for 49 coin, which went strait down.. lol My horrible lesson! I've leaned a lot since.

The online wallet issue was with Dogecoin, not bitcoin. I know, because I had a small collection of coins on the site when it happened. Fortunately, I got a personal local wallet before it happned and only left a few hundred Doge that could have been lost but it wasn't enough for the hackers to take. They went after the big amounts of coins. It was caught before the whole system was robbed but they still walked away with a few $K worth. That was a few months ago. Right now, that worth would have been horribly more, since the price of Doge jumped this month, because the difficulty of Doge is getting harder to mine.

I'm no "expert" either, but I do play with this system every single day, trading amongst coins.

I use Coinbase to buy my Bitcoins (you must use bitcoin to trade for other coins since there are no places other than other people who have the coins, ebay and other sites, to obtain the coins. This is the safest and cheepest way to get started on this road. If you buy from others, there is a HUGE chance you will be scammed)

I use Cryptsy to trade among other coins. You can also keep all of your coins on this site. It's safe. This is kind of like wallstreet for crypto coins. You still need to buy bit coins and transfer them to this site to begin the trade game. You use the above Coinbase link to buy and sell your bitcoins. You can convert them on Crypsty to and from anything.

I use Crypto Currency Market Cap to monitor my coins live.

If you have questions about anything Crypto, please feel free to ask. I've been involved in this for a long while now.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Excellent insight...ill be pming you with some questions as im hoping to get into bitcoin myself! Good post.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

I've been seeing a few posts on crypto in the last few months. As soon as I get some time, I'll try to put up a how to post for anyone who's interested. There are a lot of cool tools and info out there, but seldom in the same place. I'll keep you in mind when I do, for sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Didn't the bit coin begin for online games/gaming? Then only recently start being used for other things? I don't know either, just kind of thought that from what I've seen. Scary if you're right. You raised a very perceptive question.....S&F reply to post by cosmicexplorer

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Bitcoin has less stability as a currency than 17th Century Tulips, or Albanian Pyramid schemes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join