It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could hormones in food be linked to society's violence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Today everything from beef and poultry to dairy products are laced with growth hormones(steroids). We have heard about early puberty but could these also be having an effect on day to day life? Could this be part of the growing violence seen in society, from our teenagers to sports figures and elderly people, . It is a well known fact that steroid use has detrimental effects on athletes and children including mood swings and violent tendencies.

www.intensivecaring.com...

Should something be done to keep these out of our food supply? At the very least some studies should be done on this subject1

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I dont think so. Historically speaking, our society isnt any more violent than it was 100 years ago. Unlike 100 years ago, however, we have the media to showing it to us 24/7

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I read somewhere that vegetarians are less violent and what I read attributed it to eating less hormones and steroids in meat. But on the other hand, in my opinion, vegetarians alot of times are just "nicer" to begin with because they care about animals.
Maybe they should do a study on violence compareing vegetarians to meat eaters.

new topics

join