It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Who Vandalized Great Pyramid To Prove 'Theory' Face Charges

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

mstower
A further injection of reality may be had here:

books.google.co.uk...

books.google.co.uk...

How likely is it (do you think) that the story which Sitchin and Creighton would have us believe would not have been the unofficial talk of such a meeting and an absolute scandal?

M.
edit on 25-3-2014 by mstower because: of more URL trouble.

While he’s at it (what a busy boy he’s going to be), Creighton might like to explain why Bunsen, a great pal of Lepsius, gave Vyse an entirely positive write-up in his magnum opus:

archive.org...

M.
edit on 26-3-2014 by mstower because: of URL trouble.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

mstower

mstower
A further injection of reality may be had here:

books.google.co.uk...

books.google.co.uk...

How likely is it (do you think) that the story which Sitchin and Creighton would have us believe would not have been the unofficial talk of such a meeting and an absolute scandal?

M.
edit on 25-3-2014 by mstower because: of more URL trouble.

While he’s at it (what a busy boy he’s going to be), Creighton might like to explain why Bunsen, a great pal of Lepsius, gave Vyse an entirely positive write-up in his magnum opus:

archive.org...

M.
edit on 26-3-2014 by mstower because: of URL trouble.

Another go at the link:

archive.org...

M.
edit on 26-3-2014 by mstower because: of one last go at the link.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Martin you ought to consider compiling all this into an eBook on the topic, it would make a great resource to those interested in Vyse and his role in opening the GP to modern archeology.

Regarding the vilification of Vyse, having read several of your sources and Vyse's Operations, the letters he and Caviglia penned display that Vyse was the true scientist interested in recording for posterity their discoveries. Caviglia appeared only interested in a treasure hunt, and it was not Vyse who fired him or dismissed him, rather it was Campbell. Among Vyse's and Campbells complaints about Caviglia was his rush to dynamite open chambers without bothering to record or catalog discoveries or inscriptions. He wasn't interested in History, he was interested in Egyptian gold. Vyse opposed this rushing, and insisted on taking the time to carefully record and measure everything they observed. Hardly matches the description given by Sitchin, that he was in a hurry to make some big discovery before he was due to leave Egypt.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
From what I read about Egypt and their academic stance on the Pyramids, they done the most vandalising themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kathat

Can you elaborate on who "they" are? The most damage to the pyramids occurred in ancient times, as far as breaking into them and carting off whatever secrets they held. The Al-Mamoon tunnel is thought to have widened a tunnel made by much earlier tomb-robbers, who knew precisely where to tunnel to avoid the granite plugs in the ascending passage.

Even into the 19th C., the time of Howard-Vyse, Lepsius, et. al., the collapsed remains of the casing stones were still in evidence around the base of the Great Pyramid, which Vyse noted was being carted away by locals for building materials.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer
reply to post by kathat

Can you elaborate on who "they" are? The most damage to the pyramids occurred in ancient times, as far as breaking into them and carting off whatever secrets they held. The Al-Mamoon tunnel is thought to have widened a tunnel made by much earlier tomb-robbers, who knew precisely where to tunnel to avoid the granite plugs in the ascending passage.

Even into the 19th C., the time of Howard-Vyse, Lepsius, et. al., the collapsed remains of the casing stones were still in evidence around the base of the Great Pyramid, which Vyse noted was being carted away by locals for building materials.

Well given that if you go against the official story of the pyramids and Egyptian schollars just as scientsts go against the Big Bang theory get chucked out of academia (Halton Arp et al.).

The greatest knowledge damage (knowledge vandilism) has been done by Egyptian academics themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

kathat

Blackmarketeer
reply to post by kathat

Well given that if you go against the official story of the pyramids and Egyptian schollars just as scientsts go against the Big Bang theory get chucked out of academia (Halton Arp et al.).

The greatest knowledge damage (knowledge vandilism) has been done by Egyptian academics themselves.

Thats conspiracy myths if you can prove your point to any academics they will take you seriously doesnt matter if its science archaeology or oceanography. In case you hadnt notice the big bang has changed as we learned more for example the whole singularity thing is on the way out and its seen as more of a rapid expansion of space from a bubble created.So anyone that can prove there hypothesis or at the very least have some valid points is taken very seriously.But if you come to the table saying aliens built the pyramids with all the evidence to the contrary why should anyone take you seriously. Might as well say Santa Clause built the pyramids if you expect academia to prove you wrong thats not how it works.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

kathat
Well given that if you go against the official story of the pyramids and Egyptian schollars just as scientsts go against the Big Bang theory get chucked out of academia (Halton Arp et al.)

You don't get to make up your own facts:

Arp was born on March 21, 1927, in New York City. He was married three times, has four daughters and five grandchildren.[1][2] His bachelor's degree was awarded by Harvard (1949), and his PhD by Caltech (1953). Afterward he became a Fellow of the Carnegie Institution of Washington in 1953, performing research at the Mount Wilson Observatory and Palomar Observatory. Arp became a Research Assistant at Indiana University in 1955, and then in 1957 became a staff member at Palomar Observatory, where he worked for 29 years. In 1983 he joined the staff of the Max Planck Institute for Astrophysics in Germany. He died in Munich, Germany on December 28, 2013.[3][2]

Arp argued against the Big Bang starting in the early 1960's. So, in what way was he "chucked out of Academia?"

Please refrain from communicating before you spout nonsense.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

dragonridr

kathat

Blackmarketeer
reply to post by kathat

Thats conspiracy myths if you can prove your point to any academics they will take you seriously doesnt matter if its science archaeology or oceanography. In case you hadnt notice the big bang has changed as we learned more for example the whole singularity thing is on the way out and its seen as more of a rapid expansion of space from a bubble created.So anyone that can prove there hypothesis or at the very least have some valid points is taken very seriously.But if you come to the table saying aliens built the pyramids with all the evidence to the contrary why should anyone take you seriously. Might as well say Santa Clause built the pyramids if you expect academia to prove you wrong thats not how it works.

I would think they knew more about their work than you or I do.

Halton Arp wrote papers, he also created the Arp catalogue of peculuar galaxies that go against the Big bang theory.

Yet, he was chucked out of academia, kinda like ancient astronomers were chastised for stating the earth revolves around the sun.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

kathat
Halton Arp wrote papers, he also created the Arp catalogue of peculuar galaxies that go against the Big bang theory.

That turns out not to be the case, though in the 60's, they didn't know enough about it to say one way or the other.

kathat
Yet, he was chucked out of academia, kinda like ancient astronomers were chastised for stating the earth revolves around the sun.

I posted a short bio of Arp from wiki. Exactly when in his 40 year career - 30 years of it after he began arguing against the Big Bang, was he "chucked out?"

Harte

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
We may now consider a couple of letters from James William Wild, published in The Athenaeum in 1843 and 1844:

books.google.co.uk...

books.google.co.uk...

Why does this matter? Because Wild was the Englishman who more or less invited himself to join Lepsius.

You will see that the standoff between Vyse on the one hand and the entire Lepsius group on the other somehow escaped his attention—and he ended up with no worse an opinion of Vyse than that he was “munificent”.

M.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

mstower
We may now consider a couple of letters from James William Wild, published in The Athenaeum in 1843 and 1844:

books.google.co.uk...

books.google.co.uk...

Why does this matter? Because Wild was the Englishman who more or less invited himself to join Lepsius.

You will see that the standoff between Vyse on the one hand and the entire Lepsius group on the other somehow escaped his attention—and he ended up with no worse an opinion of Vyse than that he was “munificent”.

M.

To round this off...

We may add, referencing Jason Thompson’s biography of Edward William Lane, that once in Cairo, Wild and Bonomi (aforementioned) became frequent visitors of Lane and his circle. A recent bruising encounter with Vyse would surely have been discussed—and yet the letters by Lane’s sister (really a joint production) refer to Vyse in this wise:

archive.org...

To uphold the story which Sitchin foisted on Allen would require a full-on conspiracy theory of the usual kind: that the event was rigorously and effectively covered up, but for one lone voice and a single conduit of transmission.

M.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Imagine my surprise on learning, that, in a private letter to William Henry Fox Talbot, not long before leaving for Egypt, Lepsius mentioned Bonomi, but not Humphries Brewer:

foxtalbot.dmu.ac.uk...

M.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hi Scott,

What a shame you're too busy to take part in this thread any more! I've really been enjoying it, and I'm sure a lot of other people have too.

Before you leave, though, could you tell us what you managed to find about Howard Vyse's travels in Egypt and Syria in 1842?

Thanks and regards,

Hooke

Hi Hooke,

As I have said elsewhere in the thread, I shall come back to this in due course once I have completed my own research into this. To properly research this will probably take me around a month or so. I will make known the outcome of this research on my ATS Forum as soon as it is completed.

Regards,

SC

Hi Scott,

Well, it's been several weeks now. Did you ever manage to find out anything further about Howard Vyse's travels in Egypt and Syria in 1842?

Best,

Hooke

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

Hi Scott,

What a shame you're too busy to take part in this thread any more! I've really been enjoying it, and I'm sure a lot of other people have too.

Before you leave, though, could you tell us what you managed to find about Howard Vyse's travels in Egypt and Syria in 1842?

Thanks and regards,

Hooke

Hi Hooke,

As I have said elsewhere in the thread, I shall come back to this in due course once I have completed my own research into this. To properly research this will probably take me around a month or so. I will make known the outcome of this research on my ATS Forum as soon as it is completed.

Regards,

SC

Hi Scott,

Well, it's been several weeks now. Did you ever manage to find out anything further about Howard Vyse's travels in Egypt and Syria in 1842?

Best,

Hooke

Hello Hooke,

As a matter of fact I did. Alas, however, I am not presently able to detail the outcome of my research at the moment. It is still ongoing. I can tell you though, that all will be revealed fairly soon.

And I can tell you also--mainstream Egyptology (and its apologists) will be spitting feathers at what I will be presenting. Watch this space.

Best,

Scott Creighton
edit on 17/4/2014 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scott Creighton
Hello Hooke,

As a matter of fact I did. Alas, however, I am not presently able to detail the outcome of my research at the moment. It is still ongoing. I can tell you though, that all will be revealed fairly soon.

And I can tell you also--mainstream Egyptology (and its apologists) will be spitting feathers at what I will be presenting. Watch this space.

Best,

Scott Creighton

Have you entirely forgotten the timeline here? We’re asking you to back up a claim which you have already made, on this board.

You were able to state (in advance!) “the outcome of your research” then. Why not now?

A simple citation of evidence would suffice.

The truth of the matter:

“Mainstream Egyptology” will ignore you — and we’re in danger of spitting our coffee over our keyboards, when we burst out laughing.

M.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mstower

MS: A simple citation of evidence would suffice.

Hello mstower,

Patience. All will be explained soon enough.

Regards,

SC

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Hello mstower,

Regards,

SC

We’ve already exercised patience, Creighton. More than a month’s worth.

Here you are making promises. You made promises a month ago. Still nothing showing.

M.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mstower

Hello mstower,

Regards,

SC

We’ve already exercised patience, Creighton. More than a month’s worth.

Here you are making promises. You made promises a month ago. Still nothing showing.

M.

Hello mstower,

So much for me being ignored by mainstream Egyptology.

We have waited almost 200 years to get to the bottom of this issue. I'm sure a few more months isn't going to kill you.

Patience will be rewarded.

SC

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61 I believe the GP is over 10,000 years if not more. I remember reading that when they were digging on info to find a way to preserve the GP etc., the water table below the Sphinx was at least 10,000 or more years old. In fact what was found under the Sphinx was a underground network of interconnect tunnels leading to various rooms that contained vast knowledge of man kinds whole history. The technology that was found was not of this world but of a ET origin. The underground cities that was found there was quite out of this world. There was electric lights there in the cities as there was on the earth. Our true origins we kept secret by the elite to keep us in check with there secrets. It is there way to control the masses or better know on ATS as we the Sheepies.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join