It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't this bother anyone else??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by schuyler

I'm pretty sure if they go out of their way to challenge and offend me, it IS my business. They go far out of their way to make sure some of these things affect me. A lot of people do this.

Please stop being a troll and refrain from the hateful comments on my threads.

Oh yes, and get over yourself.

So you don't like what I say, and your answer is to call me a troll? How enlightening. The fact is your litany of complaints are MOSTLY about the behavior of others without reference to you. For example, whether others cheat, whether others don't like to date fat people, whether others touch each other, etc. NONE of those behaviors as you expressed them have ANYTHING to do with you except insofar as you are a witness, and in that respect they are NONE of your BUSINESS, which you don't seem to get. You not only CANNOT control other people's behavior, you don't have the RIGHT to. If your list of gripes all affected you directly and were behaviors directed at you personally, then you ought to have said so, but you did not. You wrote them largely in the context of other people doing these things to other people, therefore your claim "it IS my business" is not true and not even rational.

It's not me who has to get over myself, it's you needing to get over yourself as having some sort of say here when most of it is really NONE of your BUSINESS.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

The tone one drives my husband NUTS! He gets all pissy and takes it offensively. It drives me nuts. I try to explain to him that tone is a form of expression esp since we are NOT face to face since he is overseas. Tone is a great way to indicate how you feel and if he would LISTEN instead of get all butt hurt because of my tone he'd get it but he doesnt'. He'd rather whine about my tone. Oh well what can ya do?

I can't stand when people think they have to stay a certain weight because if they gain it their spouse won't like them. Sorry but that person should love you for who you ARE not what you look like. I follow a few mom groups on FB and it is highly disturbing how many moms on there post about how their significant others fat shame them after they had a kid for crying out loud! I'm sorry but if my husband were to say anything about my weight after giving birth he'd be sleeping on the street. He doest he opposite and compliments me and has never said anything about my weight. IM the one with issues because I use to be very small. I still have a good 25lbs to lose and it's coming off slowly but i will not let any man dictate to me what weight I should be.

People who talk about banging other people while in a relationship I find to be immature and not committed. Sure it's funny to joke about that "free pass" with a famous person but to talk about people you see out and about well I find that insulting to the partner.

Groping as a form of greeting. Um hell now. I'll drop kick someone for that the first time so there would be no second time.

Nice rant

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The op is a teenager....don't try to be logical,she clearly doesn't get it.
In the other thread she had,she got a grown up opinion based off of experience and she called that member a troll too.

Take this post for what its worth.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's not me who has to get over myself, it's you needing to get over yourself as having some sort of say here when most of it is really NONE of your BUSINESS.

Listen, you know very little about the situations I'm facing, so the fact that you possess the arrogance of thinking you're justified by telling me what pieces of my life I am allowed to be involved with tells me that you're quick to jump to assumptions, you're incredibly judgmental, and you honestly believe that because you're saying things I "don't like to hear" (because they're wrongful assumptions, not because they're unpleasant facts as you falsely claim), you're automatically right.

Level 2 psychology.

Which tells me that you, in fact, need to get over yourself.

I am allowed to feel things and have opinions about things happening in my life.

Hence me posting it in the "rant" forum.

That's what a rant forum is for. Venting.

Get over it.

edit on Xx61520228PM22 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

When the same person appears in my threads making wrong assumptions about me, yes, I call that person a troll. I'm not a teenager anymore, either. But hey, I guess you guys must be right, because you say so.

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

All I was doing was ranting in a rant forum.

I don't see the issue here, other than a couple of people not "agreeing" with some of my points. Which is all fine and well, but there's no reason to be so acidic about expressing it.

^ Unless, of course, it gives you some false sense of righteousness and knowledge, in which case you'd be suffering from some pretty low self esteem. More psychology for ya.

But what do I know? Heh.

edit on Xx61020228PM22 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well you certainly nailed the whole rant bit

I agree with most of it too.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

But what do I know? Heh.

From reading what you post....nothing yet!
When people give you a good piece of advice,you turn into a whiny teenager calling people names because it is not what you want to hear and more than likely am too immature to understand until you get more experience.

Learn to take the tone out of your posts (look at your op...hint hint) and quit calling others names...it exposes you for the inexperienced child you are.

Rant all you want.

More psychology for ya.

Right back at ya.
edit on 22-2-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

From reading what you post....nothing yet!

I knew someone would pull that one out of the hat.

You must be so very clever.

The fact that you took the bait for the easy insult tells me a little more about you.

Psychology~

When people give you a good piece of advice,you turn into a whiny teenager calling people names because it is not what you want to hear and more than likely am too immature to understand until you get more experience.

A whiny teenager calling people names...

You're calling me names, in the process of complaining about me name calling.

Good on you.

And I've heard every end of the "you're too young to have beliefs" bs. Its nothing but disrespectful, misguided people who think they have some sort of advance on life just because they happen to be older, so they share their "experiences" and "advice" which, more often than not, turns into condescending scolding, down talking, and all around discouragement aimed at the younger generations, which is the LAST thing any of them need to hear when they're attempting to build a life and determine who they are.

It'd be a different story if the criticism was actually designed to be constructive, but the hatefulness and toxicity that some folks have when they claim to be giving me advice tells me they are actually simply trolling me, for whatever reason. They don't agree with me, my personal views, my rants, or the fact that I happen to be in a healthy relationship. These things anger people somehow.

Well, I got news for you all...

Regardless of who is right and wrong, ALL people have to experience things in order to sort out thew right from the wrong. Scolding and griping to someone isn't going to change their minds... in fact, its just going to drive them further down the path they're pursuing to escape the harassment.

Mooooore psychology~

I'm a big kid, I can take it. But some of you may not understand exactly how damaging you are to people who are trying to construct their lives. Or, maybe you do, and that's why you do it... I dunno.

Learn to take the tone out of your posts (look at your op...hint hint) and quit calling others names...it exposes you for the inexperienced child you are.

The hypocritical "tone" here destroys your credibility, man.

Let me spell it out;

"Stop calling people names you inexperienced child!"

Twice now you've contradicted yourself.

So calling names is only okay if you do it? Gotcha.

Rant all you want.

... That's kinda the point here.

Peace.

edit on Xx10990928AM29 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
DAMN! Tottal facial!

I have noticed when people make a comment, or rant as I have seen here, there is always SOMEBODY who has to either :

A. Take it the wrong way
B. Come at the person with a more conservative/liberal view than the OP
C. Argue just for the sake of it

Or

D. (which is my fav.) Completely break down everthing the OP says, then either does one of the three above, or just is rude, calls them names, think they know all and then makes it look the OP is off their rocker, when those mild troll like people piss the OP off.

FYI....

ITS A FRIGGIN RANT FORUM STOP ANALYZING EVERYTHING THEY SAY, AND JUST LET THEM VENT. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT OR CANT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY...JUST DONT POST HERE.

Seriously, does everyone have to be right all the time? Resulting in EVERY thread getting shut down, because people just cant say....

"You have your feelings on the subject and I have mine, lets just agree to disagree on this one"

NOPE you dont want to do it do you? You have keep going on and on until the OP is so pissed, you have won by getting the thread shut down. News flash, not everything needs a friggin debate.

THERES MY FRIGGIN RANT.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So, your first one? Yep, I tell my husband and he tells me. It's always an actor, actress, untouchable. Good lord girl, a healthy fantasy life makes for a great marriage, especially if your married to someone you can be honest with. Would I ever actually cheat on my husband? NO

As for everything else, Yep, you just need to start phasing these people out of your life. Why in the world are they your friends in the first place, if they annoy you so much?
edit on 24-2-2014 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Good lord girl, a healthy fantasy life makes for a great marriage, especially if your married to someone you can be honest with. Would I ever actually cheat on my husband? NO

I can't agree here, I'm sorry.

If it works for you, more power to you.

But to me, fantasizing about cheating may as well be cheating.

I don't EVER quote the bible, but I will say that I agree with the verse saying "If you fantasize about adultery, you've already committed adultery in your heart."

Again, I'm not trying to insult you or your way of doing things, but I can't imagine doing that. Just can't. If you're fantasizing about something that gets you happy and excited, shouldn't that tell you where your heart really is? And wht you really want out of your life? Its a hard truth, but it is the truth.

edit on Xx136111128AM211 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Preach!~~~

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't believe I am reply to another one of your thread after you were so rude and insulted myself and others in your last thread but here I go anyways.

I agree with you except #3. As others have said tone is important.

Tone conveys more than the words them selves do.

"Look how cute!" when referring to a kitten
"Look how cute." an insult to someone who is failing at their attempt to do something.

I could give a million more examples. I am a very tone orientated person. I tend to be quite sarcastic and my tone conveys far more than my words so I pay close to attention to other peoples tone.

Whether or not you think tone is a big deal or not, other people do, so out of respect for them, watch your tone.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I can't believe I am reply to another one of your thread after you were so rude and insulted myself and others in your last thread but here I go anyways.

Go back and pay close attention to who started the "rudeness" first.

Whether or not you think tone is a big deal or not, other people do, so out of respect for them, watch your tone.

Well, of course. I'm 100% with you all on the "tone" thing.

The thing that gets me is, when I'm blatantly not using a sarcastic tone, and trying very hard not to come off in such a manner, but people still manage to find some out-of-sync word I may have said... Nit-picking and trying to find an unfriendly tone is what gets me, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

shouldn't that tell you where your heart really is? And wht you really want out of your life? Its a hard truth, but it is the truth.

As I have said to you before, 19 faithful years in a relationship, not some brand new one, and still wonderful, so NO.

But I am curious as to your lack of response to my actually question to you, about your friends. Why still have them?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

chiefsmom

shouldn't that tell you where your heart really is? And wht you really want out of your life? Its a hard truth, but it is the truth.

As I have said to you before, 19 faithful years in a relationship, not some brand new one, and still wonderful, so NO.

But I am curious as to your lack of response to my actually question to you, about your friends. Why still have them?

Whatever works for you, its all good.

Most of my very close friends have some dumbasses attached to them. They aren't "my" friends to lose, they're just attached at the hip with some people in my inner circle. And I don't have any right to tell my friends who they should hang out with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join