It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bothered Vs the not-bothered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
People try to makeup all kinds of conspiracy’s why the world is the way it is, why some people don’t contribute whilst others do, why some achieve whilst others don’t and why there are those that carry whilst there are others who are carried.

After some time investigating all these conspiracys people put forward to explain this situation such as greed, money, education, politics etc I have come to the conclusion that in actual fact people are frightened to confront the truth head-on.

There are two types of people on this planet, the bothered and the not bothered or should we say the active and the passive.

Physiologically the bothered are the ones who are uncomfortable with not understanding the world they live in so they explore, investigate and invent. We owe all philosophical, Scientific and technological discovery’s to these people.

The not bothered are completely comfortable with not understanding the world and really don’t care, these type of people contribute little to the world other then their babies. Not to mention they are also good at making excuses!

So essentially what you have on this planet is some people who we may call the “bothered” carrying the dead weight of the “not bothered”. People are frightened to confront this but it is the reason why the world is the way it is and all these conspiracy theory’s are just a distraction from realising this truth.

The other truth that people are frightened to confront is that whilst every nation consists of a mix between these two types there are some nations that have a predominance of one or the other and that is why the world looks the way it does country to country, nation to nation.

edit on 20-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I think dividing the human race into two sides is a bit of a cop-out. What about those who like tea rather than coffee? Those above 5' and those beneath 5'? When people make things either/or, they're able to offer solutions for the greatest problems by making them appear absurdly simple.

The 'bothered' might have included Idi Amin slaughtering thousands just as much as a successful human rights campaigner. Maybe the 'not bothered' are less damaging to society? For argument's sake, humans might be living a simple hunter/gatherer-type life if nobody had really been bothered to knapp that first stone tool.

Not really arguing entirely against your ideas, just saying life seems to always be more complex than less...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Humans are not animals so to paint this false picture about how if it was not for the "bothered" we would all be living like chimps and how glorious that would be is untrue.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
there are billions of people just trying to survive. "contributing" as you call it is not on their mind, and yet, you seem to be disparaging those people. others, higher up on the social-economic ladder are trying to make life better for their own children, so, they don't take risks that would create hardship for their kids, as well as themselves. it is those at the top that have financially secure futures who have the luxury of time to be able to devote it to noble causes, that are in the best position.
you paint a pretty grim picture of people that you think do not contribute. there are a lot of different factors that come into play that you are not aware of, that probably have stifled their productiveness. also, grandiose ideas and inventions have usually been done with small contributions from a variety of people,. not just the person that got credit for it, or became wealthy from it.
edit on 20-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I posted this image recently on a similar thread. It portrays the 'fixed' and 'growth' mindsets of humanity. It isn't a left / right brain thing as another poster suggested, just to be clear about that.

There are nations more predisposed to the 'growth mindset', forward thinking nations, such as Sweden and Holland are an example.

www.d11.org...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Whilst your argument of people just trying to survive may work when considering differences within a country it cannot work for whole nations, especially if they come from geographical locations which are abundant or more abundant in natural resources then others....what is the excuse then?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Humans are not animals so to paint this false picture about how if it was not for the "bothered" we would all be living like chimps and how glorious that would be is untrue.

That's an opinion that flies in the face of rational thinking. Of course we are animals! We're even compatible for transplants and share viruses and diseases.

Far better you overlook the actual point I was making because it allows you to stand by the premise that 7 billion people can be split into two sides and how it explains all aspects of human society. You could run for politics!

How about the Men Vs the Women? Now THAT would go further to explain human society

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Humans definitely are animals. Life is divided into two groups: plants and animals. We are part of the animal group, an animal belonging to the mammalian subdivision.

Anything with conscious perception is considered an animal, we are just the smartest animal at the top of the food chain.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's really not that black and white but there is some truth in this.. We've got thinkers and doers.. And this is a good thing.
The bad thing is that the western world is built for doers, leaving the thinkers second guessing their surroundings.. With good reason. Because we need thinkers to progress.. But the people at the top gain the most if everything stays the way it is now.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The video was interesting but if you seated kids in class today according to IQ score you would be accused of......what?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

LUXUS

After some time investigating all these conspiracys people put forward to explain this situation such as greed, money, education, politics etc I have come to the conclusion that in actual fact people are frightened to confront the truth head-on.

You lost me straight away with this...

These are not conspiracies, they're called factors and they have a great influence on what happens in a persons life.
It seems you need to Investigate some more.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well there is the argument that we are self conscious and animals are not, only a self conscious being would say to themselves how can I make this situation better, how can I build a better home. An animal obviously doesn't even get that far with their thinking process because they are unaware of the "I"

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by jimmyx

Whilst your argument of people just trying to survive may work when considering differences within a country it cannot work for whole nations, especially if they come from geographical locations which are abundant or more abundant in natural resources then others....what is the excuse then?

you need to do some traveling, and communicate with people from different walks of life. by the way, there are whole nations where only a small elite group at the top have the luxury of self-determination and enrichment. the complexities of society and the interactions therein, cannot be summed up by a simple, myopic phrase such as "what is the excuse then". your world view seems to be somewhat limited by your own experiences, and education. I am not insulting you, I just think you need more diverse life experiences, before you start passing judgment on others.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Skaffa
It's really not that black and white but there is some truth in this.. We've got thinkers and doers.. And this is a good thing.
The bad thing is that the western world is built for doers, leaving the thinkers second guessing their surroundings.. With good reason. Because we need thinkers to progress.. But the people at the top gain the most if everything stays the way it is now.

I disagree with your concept of thinkers vs doers, the thinkers and the doers are the same people because it is those who think that also do. On the other hand those that do not think also do not do so the outward world reflects in inner mental world

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There are to kinds of people in the world: Those who divide people into two groups, and those who don't :-)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thanks for the suggestion but I have probably traveled more then you

There are some nations for example that are virtually absent if you open a book on contributors to science and technology.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I'm not sure about that. From personal experience i noticed that ''Thinkers'' are outwardly more passive but in their ''Inner mental state'' they are continuously occupied in an almost chaotic manner. Of course nowadays this is labeled as "ADD''
I also noticed that the ''doers'' are generally more progressive in their own progression but do not really give much thought to the bigger picture. This is just my observation tho, of course we are basically all the same.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Skaffa
reply to post by LUXUS

I'm not sure about that. From personal experience i noticed that ''Thinkers'' are outwardly more passive but in their ''Inner mental state'' they are continuously occupied in an almost chaotic manner. Of course nowadays this is labeled as "ADD''
I also noticed that the ''doers'' are generally more progressive in their own progression but do not really give much thought to the bigger picture. This is just my observation tho, of course we are basically all the same.

If that were true then nations of thinkers would be creating mental masterpieces but not much in the way of physical things and nations of doers (you suggest the west belonging to this class) would have lots of physical things but not much in the way of academic work...in practice we find this to be completely untrue.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

How can you be so sure? Have you seen how smart crows are or even monkeys? They are aware of "I" it's just they don't really ponder it like we do in my opinion. After a minute of looking into a mirror animals will begin to realize it's their own reflection and then won't pay much attention to it afterward, this is an analogy of how they know there is an "I" they just don't put much thought into it.

The only difference between us animals and other animals is that we wonder about existence while other animals may not.
edit on 2/20/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

LUXUS

Skaffa
reply to post by LUXUS

If that were true then nations of thinkers would be creating mental masterpieces but not much in the way of physical things and nations of doers (you suggest the west belonging to this class) would have lots of physical things but not much in the way of academic work...in practice we find this to be completely untrue.

This would only make sense if thinkers and doers wouldn't be able to collaborate.

It's like your'e saying only Einstein could have built the LHC.. He didn't, but he might have played a big part in it, just by thinking.

All i'm saying is that the thinkers aren't really allowed to collaborate anymore.. The thinking is now being done for us, previously thought of and regurgitated over and over again.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join