It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw the left wing, I love the USA!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I think we need both the right and the left.
The extreme on either side is crazy in my oppinion. However they keep each other in check.
The founding fathers conservative in their personal views on morality, however they were liberal when it came to that crazy idea called "democracy" and "freedom of speech".
I think that had we maintained an isolationist policy in WW1, the post era wouldnt have been so obpressive on Germany and WW2 wouldnt have happened. Or at least Hitler wouldnt have happened. However once we were dragged into WW1 our fates were sealed. We actually tried to help Germany after the war however we didnt do enough. We then decided not to stay with the league of nations. Once Hitler appeared though, we really had no choice but to eventually enter the war. If we hadnt, then its very possible that everyone in Europe, Russia, and Africa would be speaking German right now. Maybe even everyone in North and South America. Hitler would have taken the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
"Please let us get back to some intelligant discussion in this topic please." - JediMaster

It seems to me that if you're going to encourage intelligent discussion you should,
1. use correct grammer when asking
2. be capable of it yourself
3. have an intelligent topic. "Screw the left wing I love america", isn't and if you think it is...you should probably just go back to watching tv before you hurt yourself.

IS THIS REALLY WHAT WE SHOULD EXPECT FROM A MODERATOR??!!

[There are no govenors anywhere - Lao Tse]

Is that the best you can do and was it necessary? I don't see any of your topics coming near this number of hits, but thanks for the advice, mod or not, that was stupid.

I think we need both sides as well, but the current left is very unstable and unpatriotic, period. Instead of supporting the leaders of this nation in congress and the senate, they resort to playing the blame game to better their political agenda. I think a strong left is needed to balance the right, but this current group is not cutting the mustard.

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard
My meaning is this, they were fundamentalist in a sense of how they lived life. They worked hard, prayed hard, respected each other and the views entailed. That being said, they were conservative, you can't place a wall and say before XXXX that wasn't considered a conservative life style.

Do you think they would tolerate abortion? Welfare? Reduced penalties for crimes? NAFTA? if they were alive to vote today?

Please respond, I enjoy your take.

I would like to adjust your view just a bit. As stated by others in this thread, Thomas Jefferson was no fundamentalist, no conservative. He wet his pants over the French revolution and openly prayed for it to take effect in America. He was a slave owner and his fundamental philosophical ideal to government was to create a culture in which the elite (of which he was) could set back on their haunches and think all day while the oppressed did all their work for him. Had Jefferson got his way, we would be living in an caste-like society much akin to India.

Oh...and by the way...this little warped gentry-man was the founder of the Democratic party...hmm, maybe they've always been twisted.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
hey im happy the way things are here. as long as people are not getting pulled out of their houses and shot in the middle of the night i have no problems. i would rather prefer to have a president that has the balls to hit back if we were attacked.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Maybe we should just rename the forum to Bashing America Central.
Of course our Government has problems. Show me one that doesn't! All you brit's who like to bash us. Please tell me how happy you are supporting a Queen, Prince and countless other "royalty" that last I heard, you have no choice but to support. Selection by BLOODLINE!? What kind of crap is that? I don't see Colin Powell living in a palace......
As far as us "overshadowing" other countries....well we didn't exactly start out where we are. We got here through the hard work of our citizens who came here for the freedom to excel in life and make a better life for themselves and families. You know I hate to spout the same as some of the really hardcore right wingers but you people really are beginning to sound like you ARE jealous.

and not to mention we kicked your tommy asses not once but twice!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, see there shiney. We DO agree on something!

I love the USA also. I am blessed to be born where I was born. I love capitalism and all it's wonderful little warts. I love the freedom enjoyed in my constitutionalized republic. And I LOVE being number one.

God Bless America...land of the free...da da da da, da da da....

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I love my country, we'll just agree to disagree on pretty much everything else, but that's okay, I am not personally attacking you, I just like to get your ire up as your apt ability in sarcasm is hard to come by and appreciated, please don't take me personally.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We will agree to disagree.

But until you answer my u2u in a one on one conversation I am now assuming you have a split personality and I'm VERY VERY (full lip V) scared.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join