It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair coaches Rebekah Brooks before "Hacking" arrest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
First thread in a long time, forgive any faux-pas, feel free to move etc.

This may have missed some peoples attention with everything else that's at the forefront of the news lately:

Tony Blair gave advice to newspaper executive Rebekah Brooks on handling the phone-hacking scandal six days before her arrest, a court has heard.

BBC

Guardian

edit on 20/2/1414 by jokei because: editty pops

edit on 20/2/1414 by jokei because: (no reason given)

Anyone that's been keeping up with the UK press will be aware of the phone-hacking scandal: Several "leading" tabloid journalists and allegedly editors found a way to access many peoples mobile phone messages, the fallout has been wide-ranging although there seems to be little that has changed:

The News International phone-hacking scandal — dubbed "Hackgate", "Rupertgate", or "Murdochgate" by the press – is a controversy involving the now defunct News of the World and other British newspapers published by News International, a subsidiary of the then-News Corporation. Employees of the newspaper were accused of engagi

Wiki

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Tony Blair is a solicitor so giving advice on legal matters is one of his jobs.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

He is a friend of Brooks , a solicitor and someone schooled in the art of being dodgy ... birds of a feather

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by jokei

Tony Blair is a solicitor so giving advice on legal matters is one of his jobs.

For once i am going to be crude.

Solicitor you say?

The word I had in mind finishes with "R" but begins with a "W"

They are all in it together blummin self minded corrupted scum.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It does kinda raise an interesting insight of just who is working for who. Murdoch's political power has been well established for some time, but to have an ex prime minister involved with such a controversial drama does help expose the closeness of their relationship.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

He is a friend of Brooks ,.....

As are David Cameron and James Murdoch.

... birds of a feather

Indeed.
edit on 20/2/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Actually he is a Queens Councilor which is the highest form of solicitor you can get.

You have to look past the whole childish 'i hate him because he was the face of the party in government'. Lets face it all prime ministers get a bad rap, the country has been in decline since WWII and no matter who gets in they are going to do a bad job. I think id rather have Blair than Cameron at the moment. I think Cameron has done more to stamp on the weaker members of UK society while benefiting the rich than any other prime minister for a long time.

Cameron has raised public debt more than all the prime ministers for the last 100 years combined at a time where we should be cutting back and so far he has accomplished nothing but hurt for the poorer members of society.

edit on 20-2-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Unfortunately, ol' Tony decided to bail (on his party and the country) to go make himself rich(er) before even finishing his term. So, he didn't really give a toss for the country or the people after all, just like Cameron!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yeah Tony had a bigger plan than just being prime minister. Though i don't think it paid off as well as he was expecting.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm sure his fees were, as always, very reasonable.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by Britguy

Yeah Tony had a bigger plan than just being prime minister. Though i don't think it paid off as well as he was expecting.

Really?
You should have a look at his earnings since he left office and some of the "consulting" jobs he's done with dodgy governments.

Not that you'd know how much money he is amassing by looking at his tax returns.

What I find extremely interesting is how he mentions the "Hutton Report".
This is the first clue from blair of a cover up and is a bit of an "oops" moment.

edit on 21/2/2014 by budski because: (no reason given)

top topics

join