It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming drone attack on America...rocking the Fourth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Worried about Martial Law? Well don't be, because most of the time you won't know it is happening. Drones are about to explode in number throughout the US. Some as, "small as a humming bird, some as big as a passenger jet" Crikey! passenger jet...that rings a bell!

Anyway this story from 'The Guardian' at the end of last year is well worth a look. To believe it, can only be to believe Orwellian 100% .
However 'The Guardian' is pretty well informed, and given Snowdens revelations, there is no reason not to suppose that the drone invasion is an extension of what the NSA is already doing...with pictures. O'l Gen Alexander, (and others) will literally be looking up your private Narnia, and may even be able to hold on to the pics indefinitely, as is their wish.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Scary carp! Anyone perusing this thread should definitely read the article (an op-ed, hopefully depicting a worse-case scenario, but even with a few ounces of truth=aargh!)

The lines between the military, the local law enforcement agencies, and now even private entities are completely blurred for US citizens with the present and upcoming use of these drones.

Makes me want to go underground even if I'm law-abiding.

The American Civil Liberties Union needs to get on this pronto! (And I'm normally not pro-ACLU)

S and F

edit on 19-2-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Its pretty scary.
All the sci fi movies and books coming to life .
Just imagine what this world will be like 50 years from now.
I wont be able to pass gas without the powers that be researching my diet.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
there is an old iroquois prophesywhich states the bugs will come out of the ground and sting everybody...
the white dragon vs the red dragon...
the constitutional white house against the red rothschilds I suppose
en.wikipedia.org...

what would daganawidah know?
he created the oldest functioning all inclusive democracy in the world, the still sovereign Iroqois six nations, from which the US constitution is partly based upon

oh yeah its OK in court in the US to get info on a peep if its ACCIDENTALLY COLLECTED

US drones “accidental” surveillance can be kept for 90 days

www.slashgear.com...

edit on 19-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

watchesfromwall
reply to post by smurfy

Scary carp!

The lines between the military, the local law enforcement agencies, and now even private entities are completely blurred for US citizens with the present and upcoming use of these drones.

Makes me want to go underground even if I'm law-abiding.

The American Civil Liberties Union needs to get on this pronto! (And I'm normally not pro-ACLU)

S and F

Yes, and the article is pretty cohesive it's not a rant, and if you guys are young, I apologise for my boomer baby generation being too busy enjoying ourselves and we did have the good times, and so innocent, nothing like today.
There's probably stuff not even mentioned in the link like litigation, (in case one of those things malfunction and someone gets hurt) that has been studied for years in advance, even the legal eagles are at work, but as someone being just a number, you need to sue a government, you cannot claim through insurance. Governments, and government bodies are not insured.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

there is such a thing as condolence payments for dead innocents
...apparently the collaterally damaged Pakistanies would know all about this

In February, during his confirmation process, CIA director John Brennan offered [1] an unusually straightforward explanation: “Where possible, we also work with local governments to gather facts, and, if appropriate, provide condolence payments to families of those killed.”
www.propublica.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

overanocean
reply to post by smurfy

Its pretty scary.
All the sci fi movies and books coming to life .
Just imagine what this world will be like 50 years from now.
I wont be able to pass gas without the powers that be researching my diet.

Pretty much, but as watchesfromwall has said, the article is an opinion, however it comes from a source albeit mainstream, that is so very informed that it needs to be taken very seriously.
In the main though, this is a serious proxy attack on US citizens by their own US government, and if the drones are ever armed and innocents are killed, don't expect to hear about something so disgusting as the statistics..they are military, and secret. Of course you could believe the Pakistan goverrnment stats on US drone attacks since they are published, Hrrumph, 67 civilians killed since 2008? WTF believes that?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If they ever do field 30,000 I can not see anyway for not having a glitch in a couple a year. If one of the big ones crashes into a neighborhood or school there will be a bunch of hand wringing and new feel good laws which will not change anything but protect the operators if they a government.

There is allot of good that can come from video surveillance and I have seen it first hand with bad guys being busted because a camera caught them committing some dirty deed. However with this bunch running things? It was not to long ago some of the NSA boys were caught spying on wives and girlfriends (sounds rather non NSA worthy IMO) trying to catch them in an affair.

Maybe with all the cameras they can get a Ron Paul type bumper sticker off your car so the can sick the IRS on your butt... Don't smile, stuff happens...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Drones are about to explode in number throughout the US. Some as, "small as a humming bird, some as big as a passenger jet

OP isn't joking, there's gonna be some crazy stuff flying around the worlds airspace in a few years time.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by smurfy

there is such a thing as condolence payments for dead innocents
...apparently the collaterally damaged Pakistanies would know all about this

In February, during his confirmation process, CIA director John Brennan offered [1] an unusually straightforward explanation: “Where possible, we also work with local governments to gather facts, and, if appropriate, provide condolence payments to families of those killed.”
www.propublica.org...

Feck I know, Pakistan civilian fatalities from drones since 2008, 67 yeah right? Payment by US unknown, but likely in the few bobs. Pakistan regime bolster payments perhaps known, I don't know as yet, likely in the billions.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
And if you're interested in what drone attacks happen where and how many were killed (like I am
), there's a new app available for free:

Now, a new iPhone app lets you explore the consequences of that phenomenon. Named—fittingly—Metadata+, it catalogues and maps drone killings by the United States and is now free and available for download.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

What fuels the need to do this? It seems as if the are anticipating major revolts or something. Our government is like a sneaky little kid. When I was younger I used to really love this country. When we would say the pledge of allegiance in school, I would do so happily, and I always felt a swell of pride when I saw the American flag. I don't feel that way anymore. I see this country representing more and more what I strongly dislike and I am ashamed to live here. This country is greedy, sick, corrupt and drug addicted. Everyday citizens are too caught up in day to day stress, work, celebrity news, Facebook and t.v. to realize what is happening to what was once a strong and kind nation. If it wasn't so hard to move out of country, I would do so in a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It is a given that this surveillance data will be used for corporate,personal, and governmental reasons as well as be co opted for blackmailing citizens for various reasons....
There will be NO democracy left when they hold everyones data and can destroy anyone at a flick of the button.....

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

veranda
reply to post by smurfy

What fuels the need to do this? It seems as if the are anticipating major revolts or something. Our government is like a sneaky little kid. When I was younger I used to really love this country. When we would say the pledge of allegiance in school, I would do so happily, and I always felt a swell of pride when I saw the American flag. I don't feel that way anymore. I see this country representing more and more what I strongly dislike and I am ashamed to live here. This country is greedy, sick, corrupt and drug addicted. Everyday citizens are too caught up in day to day stress, work, celebrity news, Facebook and t.v. to realize what is happening to what was once a strong and kind nation. If it wasn't so hard to move out of country, I would do so in a heartbeat.

I understand your meaning, so many so called democratic governments are turning towards totalitarianism, you MUST do every thing you are told, and now, while we watch you. There needs to be a stop to all this.
As for leaving, where to go?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thank god for rednecks in this particular case, they will shoot them down.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This video is but one of many drone shows. It is of the Black Hornet, currently on test by the British Army, a helicopter style drone that fits into the palm of your hand, it's tiny. In the video it does ' heat seek and find' amd can return to it's base within one metre by auto pilot with approx 20 minutes flying time..here it was a little longer.
Can you imagine what one of these lethally equipped, could do to you in the comfort of your own home 007 style?

There's not a lot given technically, but we know the big stuff used GPS and mobile tech to home in onto individuals..and possibly got it wrong for someones demise??

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

More scary carp (based on post/video above)!

Given that you have extended the use of drones beyond America, I feel obligated to report these extensions around the globe:

-

Facebook in talks to acquire drone company

Facebook is in talks to buy drone-maker Titan Aerospace for $60 million, according to media reports. The high-flying drones would let Facebook Inc. beam Wi-Fi signals to the 5 billion consumers in underdeveloped parts of the world who don't have Internet access, according to the technology blog TechCrunch.

TechCrunch first reported the deal late on Monday, citing an anonymous source. The acquisition, if completed, would help advance Facebook's Internet.org effort, which is aimed at connecting billions of people who do not currently have Internet access to online media. Most of them are in Africa and Asia.

Facebook declined to comment.

Titan Chief Executive Vern Raburn declined to comment on whether Facebook was buying the company or placing a large order for its planes.

"I can't comment one way or the other," Raburn said in a telephone interview on Tuesday.

Drones have also attracted the attention of Amazon, the online retailer. CEO Jeff Bezos said in December that the company plans to deliver packages using small drones within four to five years.

Titan is developing a variety of solar-powered "atmospheric satellites," according to the company's website, with initial commercial operations slated for 2015. The drones fly at an altitude of 65,000 feet and can remain aloft for up to five years. They have a 165-foot wingspan, slightly shorter than that of a Boeing 777.

"What we have is an airplane that's solar-powered, so it doesn't have any fuel and it can climb up to a very high altitude and just stay there. And at that altitude it can do a multiplicity of missions ranging from communications, data, optical, weather sensing," Raburn said.

"Think of it as a Tesla Model S, with wings," he said, referring to the electric car. Raburn, who was previously the CEO of Symantec Corp and the president of Microsoft Corp's consumer products division, said that Titan has flown a scaled-down prototype of the plane.

Facebook is interested in having Titan build 11,000 of its Solara 60 model drones for its Internet.org project, according to the TechCrunch report, which said: "There’s the altruistic side of Internet.org, but when it comes to business, Facebook is playing the long game. It hopes that with time, everyone in the world will gain affordable access to the Internet and smartphones, which could help them join the knowledge economy and gain more buying power."

And...

-

Brazil's drones to get best World Cup views
Two $12m aircraft to patrol World Cup venues this summer as part of $1bn security drive to keep tournament safe.

Brazil's air force will use two drones to patrol the skies above football matches at the World Cup later this year.

The drones, which cost $12m each, are part of a wider security plan to keep the tournament safe.

The federal government says it is spending a total of $1bn on security measures for the June event.

Al Jazeera's Gabriel Elizondo reports from Santa Maria.

Both sourced from aljazeera (ajam)

Hmmmm...it is here and growing more rapidly than I had originally imagined. And sometimes clearly guised under the term "humanitarian"!????

edit on 5-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: id source

edit on 5-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: wrong ex

top topics

join