It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need suggestions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
With current weather, I think I will need to do some preparation, but being lack of funds, knowledge and resources, I think I will need help from you guys about survival and to reproduce the basic necessities.

Here is my scenario: Extreme drought in inland equatorial region.

What do I need to build or prepare to face this situation, please tell everything you know about water related technique and ways to handle high temperature. If possible, keep the cost to minimum. I accept desalinization, recycle or whatever you can throw as long the cost is minimum. Of course, it should be practical, telling me to build a desaline plant is helping a lot, NOT!

So, please all survival and preppers guru, what do I need ?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

And you aren't aware of simple solar stills?

www.motherearthnews.com...

survivalblog.com...

page after page on google....
edit on 19-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Nope, not at all. Not even aware of this "solar still". Where I live water should be abundant, hence I dont need solar still, but with current weather, I'm not sure anymore, got to have backup.
I was looking for another one. It looks like an earthen pot, its supposed to be used in India/Africa. It was mentioned here but lost in the threads.

Thanks for the solar still mention, will look into that also.

Found it. Here is what I'm looking for Water distill
also this Carboy distiller looks good too.
edit on 19-2-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

fog nets to catch the dew?
seems to me I saw something somewhere involving hanging light netting from trees overnight.
eta
fog harvesting delux
www.fogharvesting.com...
keeper page
survivor-magazine.com...

edit on 19-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sam Kinison said it best, "We have deserts in America...we just don't LIVE in them!"
Or better, "Move to the food!"

Simply put, if the conditions are no longer favorable for life where you are....MOVE... (I mean, especially after some kind of SHTF scenario). Even on foot if needed.

Other than this advice though...can drill your own well.

www.drillyourownwell.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Danbones

fog nets to catch the dew?
seems to me I saw something somewhere involving hanging light netting from trees overnight.
eta
fog harvesting delux
www.fogharvesting.com...
keeper page
survivor-magazine.com...

edit on 19-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

I dont think fog harvesting is good solution. Most of the time, I'm not wearing any shirt, sweating profusely by just sittiing down in front of PC and its 3AM. There isn't much chance in fog I guess.

After looking at some solar still design, I found out a problem. On hot and humid weather, collected water evaporate much faster than its produced unless it closed. I'm thinking of designing an improvement to basic system and I think I have pretty good idea and it surely will be cheap. I got plenty of water around but all of them unsuitable to drink.

Moving on is another choice that really stand out, yes, its a far option, but if this drought getting worse by the year, I might do it..
Thanks for the fog harvesting link, it will be a good knowledge.
edit on 20-2-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Simply put, if the conditions are no longer favorable for life where you are....MOVE

I agree with this sentiment.

Back in the day, entire tribes would relocate based on water and food needs. This is why most civilizations congregated around water sources. Where there is water, there is flora and fauna.

Why modern day peoples completely ignore this type of common sense baffles me to no end. Saying ridiculous things like, "This is our home, we're not leaving." Home is not a geographical location... home is where you establish the best place for you and your loved ones to prosper. Geographical sentiment goes out the window when it comes to survival of the species.

Hell, even the animals know enough to relocate out of necessity when an area becomes dry, arid and desert-like.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Talking about moving to better place, which one is better ?
Of course common sense dictate moving should depends on where the resource resides, but when options available, which one is better ?
Mountains or sea shores ? higher grounds or lower ? community based or secluded ?

new topics

top topics

join