It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two American security contractors found dead aboard Maersk Alabama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

......two former U.S. Navy SEALs found dead ......died of respiratory failure and were suspected to have had heart attacks, possibly from drug use......samples are being sent to Mauritius for analysis to establish if the men had consumed "a substance" that could have caused the health failures.
Source:ABC news

Where this gets interesting is in the comments section of this article.

Strong coffee drinker states:

February 24, 2014 5:5PM Autopsies performed by authorities in Seychelles indicate that Jeffrey Reynolds and Mark Kennedy died of respiratory failure, according to Trident Group president Tom Rothrauff. “Clearly stated on each autopsy report is that death by drug overdose is ruled out,” he told TradeWinds in a brief email exchange Monday morning.
Tradewinds link he refers to

Rocken-Roll states:

.....Fentanyl mixed in....making a Test Shot a lethal dose,knocking them out depressing breathing until they just quit breathing,and that leading to a heart attack.
MODS: NOT trying to violate T&C here, just stating facts crucial to debate!!! Not sure that's the sequence of events in an OD, mayhap a Medic can clarify?

Maki-man states:

I've known one of the Seals since I was 5-years old.....I assure you, there was no drug taking
Seems Strong coffee drinker is also "a friend of one of the deceased" and concurs.

My inquiring mind wants to know what the devil was on that ship that had to be guarded so diligently. And don't you dare tell me it's

food aid to East Africa in support of the U.S. government's "Food for Peace" program
...yeah right.... and my retired spec ops bud, who worked for Air America afterwards back in the day, in country in Africa no less, died of malaria, right....So tell me again why there was a closed casket ceremony for him???

Some interesting tidbits I found.....con't on next post...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Shipping companies are tired of pirates hijacking ships so the security level is changing. It's not about cargo as much as a ship, personnel and ransom.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

Ok so my lil' ol inquiring mind went a digging. Now mind you, it's all conjecture on my part. But what is a spook, if nothing but smoke and mirrors right? And this is a conspiracy site. Per NY Times their names were: Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43 and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44. Here's some mighty interesting coincidences I found:

1. There is an adjunct professor named Mark Kennedy, MS at the St. Louis University Institute for Biosecurity. And yes that's Mark D. Kennedy, as shown here on a 2014 3pg PDF Syllabus, teaching

BSDP 516 Writing for Intelligence II
and that's not "intelligence" as in smart; no...that's "intelligence" as in intel as in spook, in which the prereq is "MS BSDP Med & PH Intelligence" which is BSDP 564 - Medical and Public Health Intelligence. BTW, BSDP = Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness. These are Master degree level classes as evidence by 500 series class numbers (516; 564 etc). According to the syllabus he's supposed to be teaching this class this semester as we speak; there is another professor that he tag teams with on these classes; in my experience adjunct profs are usually 1) Part time; 2) are employed full time at a main other job closely related to what they are teaching.

It would be interesting if 1) the class made (enough students enrolled) 2)if this is a tele class or a real sit in the bricks and motar classroom class 3) IS he teaching as we speak? Someone guttsier than me is gonna have to chase those leads!!!!! I ain't gonna ask a spook nuttin' man!

BTW here's his Linkedin profile. IDK how old it is; it lists him with an Associate's degree -- to teach at UNV level at least a Master's is required; PhD preferred; if he retired in 2010, 4 years to get Masters -Doable; PhD- not sure.

2) Now the other guy is a bit harder. I found this tiny tidbit in a military rag Homepost

Fallbrook resident Jeffrey Reynolds, 44,......U-T San Diego reports Reynolds' parents, ex-wife and children live in Fallbrook as well. Reynolds's mother, Janis, described her son to U-T San Diego this way: “[A] wonderful, wonderful man who served his country with distinction for a long time
Fallbrook is near San Diego/Camp Pendleton.

Strangely enough, there is a Jeffrey Reynolds who is listed as the Exe Dir of LICADD = Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence in NY, but his middle initial is L., not K for Keith. Connection? Related? IDK. Here's a MSNBC Roundtable Discussion dated 05 Jan 2014 where he discusses the ramification of the recent legalization of pot in Colorado (marker 7:09 and 10:00)Retired? More info on J. L. Reynolds-NCADD & Linkedin profile You decide; like I said, purely thin conjecture on my part.

I just think it's really weird that someone who is all about drug rehab etc, has these opinions on current drug issues, has the same name as a SEAL that recently died of suspected "heroin overdose".

3) and yes, to be fair there are alot of "Jeffrey Reynolds" out there; google the name with the search parameter prior to Feb15, 2014 and you'll find the JR who did horrible things to his pg wife in Louisanna; even a Jeffrey Duane Reynolds who is a SR VP at Morgan Stanley; a slew of Dr. and Lawyers with same name, etc and so on. Same with Mark Kennedy.

4) That this happened on this ship Now???? We all know the company's penchant and love of tongue in cheek cloak and dagger drama and deadly rapier between the lines wit. This would be right up their ally as a sick message. To what end? Unknown. See these ATS links ATS link and of course the CIA/Witch Mt/Disney connection. According to IMDB Captain Phillips movie has a Disney connection, to Russia, of all places, as a distributor.

5)and last but not least, there was that weird little episode on NCIS:LA the other day where Hetty acknowledged she had a penchant for trolling orphanages for future spies to coddle and train S4EPI22Raven & the Swans, which in and of itself is not surprising but coupled with the fact that Maersk Alabama's crew

also help support the Bee Hive Children's Home in Mombasa, Kenya.
takes on a really new and different meaning, knowing just right up the coast in Somalia is this: The CIA's Secret Sites in Somalia

I just keep coming back to Why does a cargo of food aid and crews that help orphans require a protection detail of ex-SEALs???? Why do pirates keep attacking said ship? It's happened more than once.

Ok I've said my piece, ran my theories, mused my questions, ran the bunny tunnels; I'm done for now - got to get some real work done.
Here's to Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43 and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, whoever they may have been, may they RIP God bless them, and their families get closure.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Another poster suggested they(ex-seals)were overpowered and injected with fatal dose.My reply was disputing that point.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

in which case - you should have asked for evidence of this claim

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure whether anyone is still following this or not, but I happened on something I thought was interesting... especially in light of the news that these two men died of respiratory failure with no indication of drug overdose. This may not have anything to do with the deaths, but you never know...

...Maersk Container Industry (MCI) is now partnering with Boston-based technology company Primaira LLC to develop an air cleaning system in Star Cool Integrated refrigerated containers.

...Using an ozone concentration 300 times higher than otherwise seen on the market, Bluezone also removes ethylene effectively...

Bluezone in Star Cool will be available in 2nd half 2014.
SOURCE

The date of availability for the new technology is later this year, but the article indicates it is being tested now and also that there are competitive technologies that already use ozone, although this new system will create ozone concentrations 300 times higher. Ozone in large quantities is hazardous to health. According to Wikipedia:

...ozone is a primary irritant, affecting especially the eyes and respiratory systems and can be hazardous at even low concentrations. The Canadian Center for Occupation Safety and Health reports that:

"Even very low concentrations of ozone can be harmful to the upper respiratory tract and the lungs... Severe and permanent lung injury or death could result from even a very short-term exposure to relatively low concentrations."

...U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has established a permissible exposure limit (PEL) of 0.1 μmol/mol (29 CFR 1910.1000 table Z-1), calculated as an 8 hour time weighted average. Higher concentrations are especially hazardous and NIOSH has established an Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health Limit (IDLH) of 5 μmol/mol.
SOURCE

Enough of a concentration can apparently cause death through respiratory failure. I know it sounds like a plot for a movie, but given the life these two men led, it made me wonder... Could they have been shut by someone into a container filled with ozone, with the bodies later being moved to a room where drugs were planted? Perhaps someone should check for signs of ozone exposure if it's not too late.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

They were active in the sense that they were working as security contractors, they are navy seals. These guys were professionals, they are extremely hard to kill. They don't die easy.

If they have huge egos then they will find a way of doing it to themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

ikonoklast
I'm not sure whether anyone is still following this or not, but I happened on something I thought was interesting... especially in light of the news that these two men died of respiratory failure with no indication of drug overdose. This may not have anything to do with the deaths, but you never know...

Enough of a concentration can apparently cause death through respiratory failure. I know it sounds like a plot for a movie, but given the life these two men led, it made me wonder... Could they have been shut by someone into a container filled with ozone, with the bodies later being moved to a room where drugs were planted? Perhaps someone should check for signs of ozone exposure if it's not too late.

Ozone is very easy to smell. Even in low concentrations, it's unmistakable. A dose high enough to kill you outright would have your clawing at the doors and shrieking.

The reference you listed for Maersk's "new" technology doesn't release free ozone into the compartment. It's got an ozonation chamber inside, as the air flows through, you add in a metric crapton of ozone and let it wind around some serpentine chambering to drag out the exposure time, then you exhaust the ozone through something that destroys it at the far side. What comes out has no ozone in it. The only place the ozone exists is inside the cleaner. It's a common design, we use something like that in subs to try to break up VOCs and CO.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Bedlam
Ozone is very easy to smell. Even in low concentrations, it's unmistakable. A dose high enough to kill you outright would have your clawing at the doors and shrieking.

I kind of imagined some evil villain(s) would have put a lock or a broom handle through the hasp on the outside of the door before releasing the ozone.

Bedlam
The only place the ozone exists is inside the cleaner. It's a common design, we use something like that in subs to try to break up VOCs and CO.

Maybe i misunderstood then. I also imagined a cargo container filling with ozone like they were being fumigated.

If the ozone is only in a small air cleaner, then I guess it is ruled out as a potential cause of respiratory failure. I wonder what could have caused respiratory failure in two men then, since drug overdoses are allegedly ruled out by the autopsies? But I guess I won't wonder TOO much. I prefer to keep air circulating normally through my respiratory system.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

A CO2 extinguisher popped above you that filtered into the room and displaced the air could do it, or monoxide from the engine. It's killed sailors before.

If you're after someone there are ways to do it that do cause respiratory failure. That's two. Some have long time delays so you die elsewhere, others are prompt.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Were these guys really security contractors???

Or were they working as undercover agents guarding a special cargo.

I have seen one case of respiratory failure that turned out to be a murder.

The room mate used used pure nitrogen to fill the room in the middle if the night.
CO2 or CO will show in blood changes.

Nitrogen will not because air has so much already.

And shipboard compartments can be sealed very easy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join