It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two American security contractors found dead aboard Maersk Alabama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It is being reported that two former ex Navy seals have been found dead aboard "Captain Phillips' ship". Investigation is underway.

I do a double cringe every time a seal or ex seal is targeted.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

cause of death has not been releaed - so how do you know they were " targeted " ????????????????

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

How often do navy seals die of "natural causes"?

edit on 19-2-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

I dunno - but its irrelevant - as nither were " active navy seals " - further - there are 101 ways to die on a ship

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They were active in the sense that they were working as security contractors, they are navy seals. These guys were professionals, they are extremely hard to kill. They don't die easy.

Maybe just an industrial accident?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hmmmm.
somebody should call Tom Hanks in to deal with this

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

queenofswords
It is being reported that two former ex Navy seals have been found dead aboard "Captain Phillips' ship". Investigation is underway.

www.foxnews.com...

The article says no foul play was apparent at the scene so where did the targeted remark come from? For all we know they could have died from a drug overdose.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

All the training in the world can't stop/always save you from a well thought out ambush, especially if the opposing force has the numbers.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

They may be hard to kill in a direct, clear frontal confrontation, the problems arise about violent entanglements, when the confrontation is not direct and instead is completely unexpected coming from underestimated oppponents...very little can guard against the results of overconfidence.

As others have said, their deaths may have been self-inflicted, accidental, or a host of other causes quite apart from violence from a third-party or parties.

Perhaps one had a severe accident, and the other died trying to save the first?

Perhaps they had a fight and killed each other?

Lots of possibilities. Until exactly how they died is revealed, it could have been anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

queenofswords

Well they can thank all the hype and press status they have been given over the last few year. They should just go black and stay that way. It really isn't a video game out there.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ausername

They were active in the sense that they were working as security contractors, they are navy seals. These guys were professionals, they are extremely hard to kill. They don't die easy.

Maybe just an industrial accident?

LOL what? They dont die easy? Are they made of some kind of super human body or something? A dude walking behind them who knew what they were doing could shoot both in the back of the head before they knew wtf even happened....I assure you spec ops soldiers die just as easy as any other man besides the fact that if they are in good shape their body may actually have more blood helping them survive injuries or shots...but besides that..they are human too.

I remember a story of a group of iraqi special forces in the first gulf war...a tow missile hit their van killing a highly trained team in one shot....they literally trained their whole adult lives to get blown up by a tow missile on day one hahah...what a bummer!

Also I might add and this is speculation...imagine seals who are in much harsher environments than ships much of their career....all of a sudden have "guard duty" on a boat that the odds of being hit again are extremely rare...complacency can set in...no one is immune to complacency.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

queenofswords

www.foxnews.com...

Considering their are about 2,500 SEALS on active duty and thousands more not, you sure must be cringing all the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Two highly trained sailors (navy seals)dieing at the same time on a ship.

From a shipboard accident????? these guys were highly trained for shipboard emergencies. Better then the crews of civilian ships

not likely!!!!!

drug use was one thing that would automatically get navy seals kicked off the teams.

so drug use is very unlikely.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

ANNED
drug use was one thing that would automatically get navy seals kicked off the teams.

Except they were no longer active SEALs and we working as civilian contractors.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Probably they suffered electrocution. Ships safety!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

ANNED
Two highly trained sailors (navy seals)dieing at the same time on a ship.

From a shipboard accident????? these guys were highly trained for shipboard emergencies. Better then the crews of civilian ships

not likely!!!!!

These guys were not Seals they were out of the Navy.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
I remember a story of a group of iraqi special forces in the first gulf war...a tow missile hit their van killing a highly trained team in one shot....they literally trained their whole adult lives to get blown up by a tow missile on day one hahah...what a bummer!

Why do I have the feeling I was there for that shot? That's kind of creepy. Oh well, stories travel.

People get older when they get out. They no longer train as they once did, or maybe can't even do it anymore, but can still operate to standard. Then there is the greed factor (It's a cush job that pays more!)

Hell, I'm nowhere in the shape I was in when I retired, and I considered myself quite broken at the time. Trying to get back in shape again after my injury, but as I said, I'm getting older as well. It's a slow road.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

I dunno - but its irrelevant - as nither were " active navy seals " - further - there are 101 ways to die on a ship

Sorry ape, once a seal always a seal period. Very small elite group and once in always in. I agree that two seals found dead, definitely foul play. Not only that, only way is overwhelming force or more likely other people lives were at risk.

This whole subject is stupid to me. These companies rather pay millions instead of putting security and guns on their boats. Much cheaper to just defend yourself. I mean it is crazy, they are in small wooden boats. They could be taken out easily lol. I never understood this. I mean one small attack helicopter and it is all over. That is just one example.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Sorry ape, once a seal always a seal period.

That applies in mindset only, not reality. Been there, done that. And am not particularly happy with either, but I'm getting older and the healing is slower.

But I do agree with the majority of what you say. But we still don't know the specifics of how they died. Maybe it was nothing but fumes from some cargo that was leaking that they couldn't smell, or thought nothing of?

Why do I have a feeling that this story will go the way of the MSM and be forgotten in a week?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
what did they see or what did they know ???

<<   2  3 >>

join