It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MyRA Guaranteed Return Investment Product Propaganda Push Begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here it comes folks. The latest push to fleece Americans out of their last pennies using the old "Full faith and backing of the US Government" meme. After all, if China is dumping US Treasury bills hand over fist then they need to find some other suckers to buy them, right. How else is the government going to be able to keep up with it's lust of overspending?

"We Are From The Government And We Are Here To Offer You A No Risk, Guaranteed Return Investment Product"

And just like that, the MyRA propaganda goes full Goebbels retard. Unfortunately, due to time differences, neither Pravda, nor Izvestia or Moskovskij Komsomolets could reply with affirmative comments due to time constraints.

From the US Treasury

A Look At What They’re Saying About myRA Across the Country By: Brandi Hoffine

Last month in the State of the Union, President Obama laid out specific executive actions he will take to put more Americans back to work and expand opportunity so that every American can get ahead. Speaking about the importance of securing a dignified retirement, the President announced that he would direct Treasury to create a new way for working Americans to start their own retirement savings.

Full Sized Graphic

All I have to say about MyRA is, if you have extra money to save you may want to look at some different options than loaning it to the US government (and hoping you get it back.)

Sorry for changing the title Mods, the original didn't look like it would fit.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I like that you always keep up on the this stuff man....I have been enjoying your threads lately..keep up the good info....

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Why people keep believing anything Obama states is amazing.

Anyone who still believes enough to give their savings to Obama so he can waste it Deserves to lose everything because it seems that is the only way for people to see him for what he really is.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

jude11
Why people keep believing anything Obama states is amazing.

Anyone who still believes enough to give their savings to Obama so he can waste it Deserves to lose everything because it seems that is the only way for people to see him for what he really is.

True but this is bigger than Obama, he's just the pitch man for this next banker swindle. The Fed has bought a ton of T bills lately along with the EU. If there is ever a default someone is going to be left holding the bag. I believe the plan is to move the risk from the banks to the citizens.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Oh, just wait until they force us all to buy these. After all, they can force us to buy health insurance now, so what can't they force us to buy?

Just as soon as 1.) They realize that no one with any real money is going to willingly buy these craptastic things and 2.) They get a whole lot more desperate for cash, expect the Affordable Retirement Reform Act (or something like it) to come along forcing us all to roll over into these trash bills rather than actually save for retirement.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Oh, just wait until they force us all to buy these.

Yep, nationalized forced pensions (for the poor people anyway.) Bet the IRS is already designing a little box on their confiscation form 1040EZ. Also bet they are going to shoot for 5% mandatory contribution at first, then the sky's the limit.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The first flush of funds will be the forced transition of government pensions ... Congress' exempted of course.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago,

I love the comment from the State of the Gulag ... I mean "Union". Where Obama says he wants to PUT Americans back to work.

Just get out of our way FED .... we will figure it out!

But putting money in the stock market or Gov programs.....no thanks.

great info....thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What the hell is Social Security for, then?

Is this yet another Ponzi scheme being dumped on us?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
What the hell is Social Security for, then?

Is this yet another Ponzi scheme being dumped on us?

Well as they're always so quick to tell us, Social Security isn't meant to be a complete retirement answer. It's simply meant as a supplement to a lifetime of retirement planning.

I don't think this one is going to turn out the same as SS aka the ponzi scheme. This one is a direct transfer of wealth into accounts that will then purchase Treasury Bills to keep the US government spending at current or even (god help us) accelerated levels.

If-when things go south and the US has a sovereign default all those left holding the Treasury Bills will be SOL. Those people will be lucky to get back ten cents on the dollar. As I said if people have a little extra to save they should look at other options at least until the government makes MyRA mandatory. Just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In case there is any doubt.

Now that we have the full history of foreign Treasury purchases in 2013, we know the following: in December 2012 total US paper held by foreigners was $5,573.8 billion; one year later it rose to $5.794.9 billion or a $221 billion increase. So how does this look in the context of QE? In the past year, courtesy of the Fed's $1 trillion in TSY and MBS purchases, Ben Bernanke purchases some $552 billion in Treasurys, or about 150% more than all foreigners combined! Suddenly the need for MyRA is becoming all too clear... ZeroHedge

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So this is...a chance for me to loan money to the worlds biggest debtor?

WHERE do i sign up!?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

So this is...a chance for me to loan money to the worlds biggest debtor?

WHERE do i sign up!?

Ha, the real question once the parasites get their hooks in more of your money is "How do I not sign up?"

Remember, it's not a tax, er.. penalty, er.. it's a guaranteed investment! What's not to like?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think many people are not seeing this for what it is. PTB are screwed and are trying to get as much money out of the system before it goes that they can.

The fact they are even doing this is scary when you think about it. And I am very surprised the leadership of the rest of the world is not seeing this simple fact.........The dollar is screwed. How long will it take before other people see this hard truth maybe 2 years at the most.......MAYBE.

PTB control the markets and they want you to give them your money...............PRICELESS.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Bassago

This one is a direct transfer of wealth into accounts that will then purchase Treasury Bills to keep the US government spending at current or even (god help us) accelerated levels.

So while 300 million Joe Sixpacks sock away $5 a week at a pointless 1% the fed can keep pumping so the remaining 10 million can pull in 20-30% or more in stocks.

Par for the course, 1% growth fort the bottom 90% and 30% growth for the upper 10%.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Check out this post I made back in 2012 shortly after Obama won his second term, in response to a somewhat incendiary accusation of the Administration planning on stealing citizen's IRAs and 401ks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's how I imagine it might happen. After the next big Market Crash the howls of those who were finally back to where they were in '07 before the last crash are deafening. In steps the government with a plan. The benevolent leadership has a deal for those who've been so abused by the cruelty of the market. In exchange for all assets remaining in IRA/401ks the government graciously offers to take over all 401k/IRAs and make the owners nearly if not totally whole, but all monies in such accounts are to be invested in a new "full faith and credit of US government" R-Bond ( for retirement) such bonds only start paying at a certain age, and at the death of the holder are not transferable to descendants (except for maybe a spouse or dependent child until age of majority if the .gov is feeling particularly benevolent).

MyRA wasn't exactly what I had in mind then, but the concept is close enough to my thoughts that I'm gonna say that MyRA will be the vessel that this administration or the next will use to confiscate citizen's retirement savings in order to continue the deficit spending when bondzilla finally arrives.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
connect the dots exercise...

just what will prompt millions of 401k & IRA retirement account holders to flock into these newly created myRA bond accounts.

from all the dots i am connecting... in the next week or so there will be a great deflation/crunch of the DOW Stock Market
and i expect a triple stage collapse of around 1000-2000 points or a 14,000 DOW vs the 16250 DOW of today the 24th of Feb '14

here are two forecasts/predictions for the immediate financial future

overview
On a global scale, expect some world economies to become stronger while others experience economic chaos and collapse. Under Horse’s strong influence there is no middle ground. (The time for middle-ground diplomacy and planning was last year in Water Snake 2013.) Anticipate extremes in stock markets, fluctuation of prices, and general chaos in all things financial. There will be wars, battles, and skirmishes all over the world.
Middle class economies are developing with emerging markets in many places including Egypt, Turkey, Brazil, and India. But there will also be protests for fair development, even wars. Peace can be restored in Wood Sheep year 2015 but Wood Horse 2014 will be a wild ride as the world changes, and changes fast.
susanlevitt.com...

Massive Sell-Off Coming Buy Gold-Gregory
Mannarino told me he just spoke at an investor conference with many big name people. According to Mannarino, all the experts at the conference think 2014 will be a pivotal year. Meaning, it will be a disaster for stock and bond investors and the resumption of the gold and silver bull market for precious metal investors.
usawatchdog.com...

www.youtube.com...
~26:00 minutes

"Again, you have a market that is moving away from the fundamentals that support it; and JPMorgan, George Soros and Goldman Sachs are seeing something big on the horizon. . . . We could be weeks away from a major market event, massive sell-off here.” mostly those 3 investors have multi-billions shorting the S&P500

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Is a problem with MyRa that is been ignored,

The money will be invested in "Treasury securities", But we can not forget that the government is living off "QEs", is like getting money that you do not own and then selling back again and again, at the end it have not value, that is what "Treasury" securities are valueless trash.

Like the government "Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)" this securities are at risk of inflation, the possibility of growth is almost none existent.

Also is always the chance of government taking over that money in extreme situations in the name of "national security". The only reason the government has not tapped into the $19 trillion in pension funds, individual retirement accounts and 401(k) plans is because they are weighing the pros and cons of such take over, so far other nations had done it.

Is not reason why people can not invest directly into Treasury bonds, but remember that MyRa will be run by some crocks in Wall Street, they will use the money to profit directly from it, while we will be getting nothing back from ours.

The whole issue has been call a scam and a Ponzi scheme and we should be very careful because this could become another entitlement like SS where the government just take the money from our earnings and we have not say so in the matter of how that money is used, 5 to 25 dollars a pay seems like nothing but it adds up if ever becomes a tax.

new topics

top topics

join