It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. social services worker admits to scheme to steal $800,000 in Medicaid, food stamps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This criminal sure didn't play around when she arranged the coordinated theft of close to a million dollars.

She used the system that trusted her and her credentials.

Wonder where she "learned" all the tricks and angles?

D.C. social services worker admits to scheme to steal $800,000 in Medicaid, food stamps

A former District of Columbia Department of Human Services employee has pleaded guilty to conspiring to steal $800,000 in Medicaid, food stamps and other benefits meant for the city’s poorest residents.

Forty-five-year-old Aretha Holland-Jackson, of Bowie, pleaded Friday to a charge of conspiracy to commit wire fraud. She is facing a likely sentence of between nearly 3 and 3 1/2 years in prison, prosecutors said. Her sister, Allison Holland, 47, of Cheltenham, also pleaded to the conspiracy, and faces more than a year to nearly three years in prison.

Another one slips through the cracks

Hope Springs Eternal

edit on Feb-15-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
three years?!?!?!? for stealing close to a million dollars......dang i might have to get me a government job just so any potental sentences are lighter.....this is insane how is she not getting at least 10-20 years for this at least give her a year for every 100k she stole.....

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
and a thread about welfare fraud on ats....and no one seems interested in it? i mean doesnt the left constantly say its a figment of our republican minds? and yet here it is for all to see and no one seems interested....

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The District of the Columbia has the second-highest rate of families who were hungry over the course of year because they could not afford food, according to D.C. Hunger Solutions.

Nearly half of the stolen money was supposed to go to the D.C.’s hungriest people.

Good to know, tax payers money put to good use

And just a slap on the wrist for her and her sister
Pitiful...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
They need to be facing a lot more time then that. I cannot describe how low that is.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Whats the big deal...the majority of public servants steal from the people don't they?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It seems that's what this world has come to these days, screwing whoever you can for as much as you can, however you can. Sad!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So she pleaded guilty to conspiracy to wire fraud, what about the actual wire fraud? That charge must have been dropped but why? I mean conspiring to commit a crime is usually a separate charge than the actual crime itself.

And unless she stole the whole 800K in one swoop, every time she took anything should be a separate charge.

When she is released from prison, which she will probably do 6 months before being released I wonder if she will qualify for welfare?

top topics

join