It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Special Operations Commander, Admiral William McRaven Orders OBL's Pictures Destoryed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I was browsing the Judicial Watch site when I came across this press release:JW:Top Pentagon Leader Order OBL Death Photos Destroyed. When they were confronted with JW's FOIA requests Admiral McRaven ordered the pics to be destroyed.If things played like the government claims they did then why not release them?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

That makes no sense.

It is either because he is:

a) Hiding something they don't want to reach the public

b) Sticking his finger up at everyone essentially saying "F@#k you, I can do whatever I want."

Bad policy.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

C) or he never even existed ..
edit on 13-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I really recommend watching the documentary Dirty Wars by Jeremy Scahill.

dirtywars.org...

For those who aren't familiar, he wrote a book on Blackwater that ruffled some feathers in the past. He did the documentary investigating the kill lists-drone strikes and military incursions to enemy and friendly countries.

He actually discovered who McRaven was before anyone knew. (Or at least the movie portrays it that way.) With FOIA requests, and a stumbling upon a picture of McRaven with powerful figure overseas.

It's funny that once JSOC just started getting attention, and Scahill was pleading to empty government hearings… not long after OBL was found and assassinated by, none other than JSOC.

Tie that in with the crashed helicopter and some other stuff and you have tin foil heaven.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It's rather troubling that McRaven and the JSOC would feel threatened enough to order the photos to be disposed of.I know some people will play this down as business as usual but,we are talking about pictures of the alleged mastermind of 9/11.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You mean the "alleged mastermind" the FBI had no evidence of involvement in 9/11, so much so they wouldn't put it on his most wanted page, that guy?

I gotta believe there was a nice and tidy reason to not show these pictures then have them destroyed. I'm sure it was to protect us from, well, something or other that we should be cowering in fear from.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think the whole thing is a bunch of bull.
Until i see them, there are no pictures of him at all.
I'm not saying he didn't exist, but here is my take in full:
America looooooves violence, you can go to youtube right now and watch Saddam's hanging or Gaddafi's final moments, or the jfk video, the list is endless really.
Had those pictures existed, they would have made it to the public by now.
Until i see them, i will stick with my idea:
The guy died long before Obama gave that speech, the only thing they found was absolute confirmation that he was dead, but i get the president, what was he supposed to say? "So, you guys know how for 10 years we have been looking for this guy, we invaded the wrong country, sacrificed many lives, spent billions, all for him? yeah...turns out he died of a heart attack about 3 years ago..."

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Sounds fishy to me. It was bad enough they quickly had to take the body and bury it at sea, now they want to destroy photos of the body. As if the public has never viewed dead bodies before. If Obama was responsible for 9/11 and the killing of 3,000 innocent civilians, the photos of his dead body should have been plastered on the front page of every American newspaper! What are they trying to hide?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Again, as always, you misjudge events simply because you view everything through the lens of American culture without ever considering the obvious fact that other cultures want nothing to do with America's 'freedoms'

Pictures are never taken of those who expire in Muslim cultures. The problem of backlash from the rest of the world for blowing the head off an unarmed man and killing 6 members of his family and bodyguards was problematic enough without these horrible pictures being released to the public.

This was a military mission and no one either in America or otherwise has any right to see the aftermath of an assassination raid.

Any kind of garbage either on judicial watch or any other 'please pay attention to me' postings you automatically believe them.

How in the world could some one live under a rock for so long to think that the American people have the 'right' to see the bloody aftermath of a battle.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
America paid for the raid...America ns died in the attacks and the wars....
They have a right to see what they paid for in trillions of dollars and the lives of their people.
Its all just for show.....OBL was dead long before they even launched the raid.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

stirling
America paid for the raid...America ns died in the attacks and the wars....
They have a right to see what they paid for in trillions of dollars and the lives of their people.
Its all just for show.....OBL was dead long before they even launched the raid.

I'm not arguing your last sentence but to think that the American public has the right to know anything that contains or maintains operational security isn't the way the real world works.

Do you think you also have the right to know the intellectual property of the company I work for?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This was a major victory in the so-called war on terror.They showed the photos Saddam's sons and the footage of his execution,not to mention pictures of Gaddafi's body.What made OBL any different? Using Opsec and National Security as excuses can only go on for so long.I also think Bin Laden died sooner then they say he did.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

mike dangerously
I was browsing the Judicial Watch site when I came across this press release:JW:Top Pentagon Leader Order OBL Death Photos Destroyed. When they were confronted with JW's FOIA requests Admiral McRaven ordered the pics to be destroyed.If things played like the government claims they did then why not release them?

Funny this came up, i have just watched Dirty Wars the documentary. This guy is a child killing murdering S.O.A.B.
He should be in jail.

top topics

join