It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another JPMorgan Banker Dies, 37 Year Old Executive Director Of Program Trading.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No, you are wrong. Their jobs were not related. You can try and make them related all you want. I never have to talk to VP's of other departments. They work with project managers who communicate with IT because executives of the business unit side of large companies usually know little to nothing about IT infrastructure. They tell a project manager what they need, the project manager engages the IT groups as needed. It usually trickles down through the CIO. For example, all my directives come directly from the VP of IT operations who gets all his directives from the CIO. I have 2 managers who in turn have 18 employees reporting to them. Our group does design, build and deploy of virtualization technology (ESX, Citrix, VDI). It is my job to work with the PM's who need to use my group. Every now and then another divisions executive will be on a conference call to get the feel goods about a project, but I would never say they work with my team. Nor would I say our jobs are related.

These guys probably never met each other, nor would they have any reason to.

I get it, you've probably never worked in IT in a large company. Maybe in small time jobs you work with accountants...not in big time jobs. The only time you'll ever have to deal with an executive of another dept is if the IT groups failed to deliver something on time...then you get yelled at.

Gabriel Magee was "Vice President Information Technology Operations"
Ryan Henry Crane was "Vice President Equity Trading"

The only people linking those jobs together are conspiracy sites...
edit on 16-2-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

Maybe in old traditional brick and mortar companies this is how things work, but in the tech industry where I work, there is considerably more involvement between departments.

You really don't have to manage a budget for your area?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So I did a little more research on these guys.

Steve Quayle’s banker source “V” is the source reporting that Ryan Henry Crane knew Gabriel Magee

Ryan Henry Crane was an executive director, or a rank above vice president and below managing director, in the bank’s Americas Program Trading group. Program traders handle transactions in baskets of at least 15 stocks, often for mutual-fund clients seeking to re balance index-linked portfolios.

Gabriel Magee, 39, worked for the company for 10 years and was vice-president in CIB Technology, Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB).

What is banking/investment CIB?

www.efinancialcareers.hk...

The CIB CAO Command Center (C4) provides global, coordinated incident management support services and proactive monitoring designed to detect and isolate issues quickly enhancing the customer and client experience.

Responsibilities.

Manage a team of 7 incident managers in Singapore.
Manage large scale incidents.
Run technical bridges and management bridges.
Produce executive level incident management communication.

Yeah, sound like a very close relationship with trader managers, and regulatory compliance.

How did Gabriel die? Supposedly he jumped off the roof, and landed on a lower level roof at the 9th floor. Sorry, but that is extremely unlikely, and extremely difficult to believe. You can't just walk up onto the roof of a commercial building especially a building with that many stories. The doors are all locked, often locked door behind locked doors, for numerous reasons, one of which is to keep people from jumping off of those roofs. To get to a roof of such a building, one would have to go through a couple of floors of equipment, a maze of big Air handlers and such, and then manage to find the door to the roof. Often these roofs have high parapet walls that the person would need a ladder to climb over. The small slice of roof at the 10th floor would have been much easier to access, and far less likely to encounter maintenance personnel.

Anyone who claims this is not suspicious must have their heads buried in the sand.

wallstreetonparade.com...

The only facts in this case which are currently reliable are that fellow workers looking from their windows in the building noticed a body lying on the 9th level rooftop, which juts out from the main 33-story building, at around 8:02 a.m. on Tuesday, January 28, and called the police. There is no concrete proof at this moment in time that Magee fell, jumped or was ever on the 33-story rooftop, which is a highly secured area of the building unobtainable by employees other than top security and maintenance personnel. According to design documents that have been publicly filed, the rooftop functions as a highly sophisticated cooling plant with large, bulky machinery taking up the majority of the space on the side of the building from which Magee would have had to jump in order to land on the 9th level rooftop.

Two major players in charge of compliance, for JP Morgan while it is under investigation for extremely serious crimes, die under extremely questionable circumstance.

Yeah, just a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Hah, my budget last year was quite large. Why would I have to talk to an accountant for that? That's what project managers are for. If your company doesn't use IT project managers as the go between IT and the business unit then you don't work for a big company. These guys jobs weren't related. Again, only conspiracy sites are claiming that.

To your point about roof access...it's much easier to get on NYC rooftops than you think. It shouldn't be as easy as it is and that's why the family wants answers.
edit on 17-2-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

HAHHAHAH! I also just noticed you linked a job not related AT ALL!!! CIB is an acronym for JP Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank division, which is international and MASSIVE! You linked a job for "Command Centre Incident Manager" which seems to be a position that creates incident reports and provides them to the business units.

It seems obvious you are reaching as hard as those conspiracy sites are.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Where I work, project managers manage projects, not budgets.

Accountants work with the managers, directors, and executives who manage their own budgets, because that is what accountants are supposed to do.

Yes, sure, you are an IT director with a very strange business structure, who apparently is experienced at getting on the top of the roofs of tall skyscrapers, because that is what IT Directors do.

The building we are talking about is in the London area I believe. I have little doubt you are also an expert at rooftop access in Britain as well.

It does make perfect sense that JP Morgan would provide easy access to their rooftops, in case they decide some VP should commit suicide.

I already provided the meaning of the acronym. I just included an example that gives us a good idea of what this groups VP of technology does.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No, you didn't. The job you posted isn't even close to what either person who died did. I mean not.even.close.

And I used NYC as an example because that is where I lived and worked for a long time. Getting into the buildings is the hard part. Layers of security, access badges, restricted elevators etc. But once you've worked in a building long enough and you decide you want to get to the roof you figure out who you need to know to do it.

And you obviously don't know what a project manager is. They manage the cost, budget and workflow of a project from start to finish. They get the info of what is needed from the BU, they bring it to the correct divisions of IT and get a cost estimate. This is basic ITIL and Six Sigma business practice. (If you don't know what either of those are that explains why you think it is a strange business structure...)

Stop trying to apply your rinky dink mom and pop shop to a massive fortune 500 company.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And project managers work with accounting/finance for project budget management. That is how I do it. That is how the fortune 500 company I work for does it. Businesses tend to keep a sharp eye on how their money is spent.

Yeah, if you want to go up on the roof you can get one of the maintenance techs to give you a tour, but they aren't going to leave you alone. You certainly can't just wander up there on your own, like you are trying to claim.

Let's imagine that convo, "I am feeling depressed, could you let me up on the roof to stroll around?"
"Sure, why not, even though it breaks every rule I am trained to follow."

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

poet1b

And project managers work with accounting/finance for project budget management.

Yes...project managers handle that. I agree with you, but you were disagreeing with that up to this point.

poet1b

Where I work, project managers manage projects, not budgets.

poet1b

Maybe in old traditional brick and mortar companies this is how things work, but in the tech industry where I work, there is considerably more involvement between departments.

Ultimately these guys were in completely different sections of a massive division of a massive company. They would not have had to deal with each other often if ever. The only people claiming they were related or even knew each other are conspiracy sites. The job you found is in no way related to what either man did and not the title either of them had.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

All you have is your opinion that these two did know each other or work together, and it is very clear that you have put very little thought into forming that opinion.

These two were in very high level positions where it is very likely that they had areas where their responsibilities overlapped where the VP of technology supported this higher level director.

Software is clearly very critical to what the director did.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Oh the Irony.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow...A Hong Kong man JP Morgan banker has commited suicide now..Brings it to number 7.Leaped to His death.

This is a weird and strange..
www.infowars.com...
edit on 18-2-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Wow, that is quite a list. JP Morgan needs to put out a memo reminding maintenance staff to start locking the doors to the roof.

From your link

www.infowars.com...

“According to several JP Morgan employees, the man was a forex trader with the company,” reports the South China Morning Post, adding that his name was Li Junjie. The bank itself refused to confirm that the man was an employee.
Junjie becomes the 7th banker to suddenly die in recent weeks. Questions as to whether the deaths are merely a coincidence or are linked to some as yet unknown factor continue to swirl.
- On January 26, former Deutsche Bank executive Broeksmit was found dead at his South Kensington home after police responded to reports of a man found hanging at a house. According to reports, Broeksmit had “close ties to co-chief executive Anshu Jain.”
- Gabriel Magee, a 39-year-old senior manager at JP Morgan’s European headquarters, jumped 500ft from the top of the bank’s headquarters in central London on January 27, landing on an adjacent 9 story roof.
- Mike Dueker, the chief economist at Russell Investments, fell down a 50 foot embankment in what police are describing as a suicide. He was reported missing on January 29 by friends, who said he had been “having problems at work.”
- Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was also found dead earlier this month after apparentlyshooting himself with a nail gun.
- 37-year-old JP Morgan executive director Ryan Henry Crane died last week.
- Tim Dickenson, a U.K.-based communications director at Swiss Re AG, also died last month, although the circumstances surrounding his death are still unknown.

Doesn't look normal at all.

These are some pretty strange ways to die.

Doubt if this will ever be investigated, but gotta wonder if there is a link between all of these people, or most of them.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

First, what is the average rate of suicide per 100k in the USA? .012%

There are 260k JP Morgan employees. 7 have committed suicide...

Couldn't it just be that these people are just committing suicide??? It is within the statistical probability for that to be the simplest answer

No nefarious explanation is needed.
edit on 18-2-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
He got the message...

Although is see, that the slogan is gross, i wouldn't set apart the system form the people. Of course the system - in this case - is man made throughout.

Michael Stoll

S&F
edit on 18-2-2014 by Hithe Merinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by poet1b

Couldn't it just be that these people are just committing suicide??? It is within the statistical probability for that to be the simplest answer

If their deaths were insignificant, they would not have made any news. Suicides don't make the news unless there's someone or something important involved.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by poet1b

IMO, you're the one stretching this as tho it's something totally normal. Are you really asking why this seems odd and suspicious as if only wacked out nut-cases would question them as "suicides"?

Oh yeah, JP employees and big bankers always kill themselves every month and it's totally statistically normal etc etc.. Happens all the time.
Whatever man, think what you want but it seems you want to just argue to argue.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by poet1b

Well it could be just bankers lost big money and had serious greed problems and no longer cared anymore.Or maybe just they had depression and mental problems.I think people are curious with the economic problems going on and the stock market crash in 2008 has people concerned as well,since it is bankers people try to connect the dots of something bigger might be happening.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

So wait, showing that it could just be a statistical normalcy is stretching it? Yet claiming they are all connected and part of a murder conspiracy cover up isn't??

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No, because you actually didn't show anything. Assuming it's just "normal" while illustrating that anyone who thinks otherwise is a kooky conspiracy freak, is stretching it. Your angle is to present this idea as fact and argue for no reason. This is a discussion board with people who think these "suicides" are unusual. Deal with it, there are other threads to view if you think you have this one all figured out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join