It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino DA: Lethal force used against ex-LAPD cop Christopher Dorner was justified

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LOSTinAMERICA

Oops, I was having problems imbedding a YouTube video and added the above video by mistake. Here is the video I wanted to show to express my feelings about the situation. You incinerate trash.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I'm not sure how or why some ever thought this guy special or a folk hero or whatever some were coming to think of him.

In looking into this originally, I'd pretty easily found that he'd gone postal and homicidal after losing his lawsuit against the LAPD. Now, that wasn't some lawsuit for justice or to 'root out corruption'. He'd been fired for being exactly what he proved true in the end and he lost his case to get his job back.

How a cop bad enough for his own people to call bad, can go to being good, never did make sense for me.
This is true, but there was a lot of shady dealings that happened during this timeframe.

Dorner's Vegas house getting raided by the LA office of the FBI. The Vegas office was none to pleased about that, and did happen to all those files Dorner had of criminal misconduct that the LAPD did?

The Surface to Air missiles Dorner had that were supposedly destroyed weeks earlier in Afghanistan. How'd those get to LA and intercepted by Dorner?

Then there was the Police Chiefs daughter and fiancée that Dorner reportedly killed. Those security tapes vanished real fast when LAPD got ahold of them.

SO I don't think people really looked to Dorner as a folk hero, but rather was looking for someone (anyone) to openly show that the law enforcement in LA is corrupt. After all most people already know this that live there, but how many people that have proof go poof.

***DISCLAIMER***

I personally know a few people that work for Law Enforcement in Southern California, and I will say that most of the people down there are honest people who care for what they do, but even they will tell me that there are a few bad apples that skim, threaten, and out right make people go away within their ranks. It's sad really.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Liquesence

So was it also justified against the 3 women they also shot though missing one.
edit on 11-2-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

This has been answered.
The Chief of Police and the Civilian Review Board found the officer's use of force was not justified. The second shooting, If I remember right, occurred in a separate city in the LA area (Torrance maybe?)

The officers who shot the truck were found in violation of LAPD guidelines. The other 6 officers were disciplined. As for the other comment I am not going to derail this thread. If you want to re-engage on the double standard issue start a new thread and we can debate there.

To bring it back on topic what's your opinion specifically on the OP article? Was the use of force, in your opinion, valid?
edit on 12-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Exactly.
There are so many unanswered questions in this case, and everyone seems to forget about them. And since the police made a lot of stuff disappear, it doesn't matter.

Well it does. But unfortunately nobody seems to gave the guts out there to really dig in to the story.
I guess there is to much money to be made chasing stars around, instead of actually investigating anything.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wasn't trying to restart the issue. I am just pointing it out. I can't help that it always seems to be the case. No intentions to take it any further than pointing it out.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LOSTinAMERICA

Haha this was my jam for a week last fall.

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU.. fire.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wasn't trying to restart the issue. I am just pointing it out. I can't help that it always seems to be the case. No intentions to take it any further than pointing it out.

Fair enough...

What is your position on the op article? Do you think the Officer's were justified in using the force they did given the circumstances surrounding it? (Specifically the standoff portion).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join