It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Reasons The World Is Better Than Ever, According To Bill And Melinda Gates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here is 9 reasons presented by gifs by Bil and Melinda Gates.I don't take side on this for now , my subjective opinion is maybe in the middle so let the ATS decide !

1. There are half as many poor people in the world as there were in 1990.

2. The average life span for women in sub-Saharan Africa has increased by 16 years since 1960.

3. Seven of the world’s top ten fastest-growing economies are in Africa.

4. The percentage of children in Africa who are in school has almost doubled since 1970.

5. Because of how many countries have graduated from needing foreign aid, less than 1% of the American budget goes to aid.

In a survey, Americans indicated that they think 25% of the budget goes to foreign aid, and that 10% of the budget should. In reality, less than 1% of the American budget goes to foreign aid.

In fact:

6. In places where child mortality rates are high (the chance of a child dying before the age of 5), women tend to have more children.

But mortality rates are dropping in most countries, so the number of children had per family is dropping as well.

Additionally, women with no schooling had three more children on average than women who attended high school.

The cumulative effect of these changes is a slow-down in population growth worldwide, which dispels the myth that improving health care leads to overpopulation.

7. Since 1960, China’s real income per person has gone up eightfold, India’s has quadrupled, and Brazil’s has almost quintupled.

8. A baby born in 1960 had a 20% chance of dying before her 5th birthday. For a child born today, it’s under 5%.

In 2035, it will be 1.6%.

9. Since the global population is growing more slowly every year:

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
They should of put the US in those graphs, their graphs would not look like that, with a steady increase. It would be up then down of the chart.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Glassbender777
They should of put the US in those graphs, their graphs would not look like that, with a steady increase. It would be up then down of the chart.

For majority of people clean water , healthy food, warm shelter are science fiction.You have all that , even internet and probably job.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
While I do think what they are doing for other countries is great, charity begins at home right?

I always wondered why rich people go to other countries to help, while overlooking their homeland.

Seems that if you brought up your own countrymen, there would be more people able to help in other countries then too?

Maybe I'm just over simplifying it?

And I don't by the Aid part. Maybe that is the actually amount for "true" aid, but our government has lots of other names, for the money given to other countries.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hey what about reason number 10 for "the world is better than ever"

...... Bill is worth almost $80 Billion and the rest of us are penniless

Yeyyyyyy bill gates everyone!!!.

(sorry but i had to say it)
edit on 11-2-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This is cherry picking and the need to focus in Africa and the BRICS is demonstrative of the general planning... in an case Africans, South Americans and some nations in Asia could only go up in quality of life in a world with free flow of information certain types of exploration, abuse and disregard for others and the environment was not sustainable not the criminal interference in the political growth (Independence) of those areas.

I normally wouldn't care less about these type of personalities but I really dislike Bill...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
why 9 reasons why not 10?
And I think you can make a new list fairly easy with why it's worse then ever.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I wouldn't trust Gates to tell me the sky was blue, but then can one really expect any truth from a man who's life and fortune was built of a technology "flip" that required no intelligence or creativity whatsoever? And what happened to his wife, she's looking kinda plain and frumpy?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
PR stunt. Bill knows his reputation as a eugenic-promoting depopulationist is coming out. His ties to Monsanto's genetically modified poisons are being exposed. The destruction through infertility, miscarriages, and debilitating conditions his vaccine-pushing has caused in third-world countries is slowly encroaching on the sphere of common knowledge.

This man, like Ted Turner, is nothing more than a globalist criminal. And he knows that you know.

Ergo, this is nothing more than spin-doctoring to save face.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just from the title of the thread, I would figure the nine reasons they believe the world is a better place is because that's the number of zeros behind the $80 signifying their net wealth as opposed to the big fat zero zeros after the $80 signifying the net wealth of most of the rest of us.

Things always look rosy when you get to wipe your arse with $100 bills.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

chiefsmom
While I do think what they are doing for other countries is great, charity begins at home right?

I always wondered why rich people go to other countries to help, while overlooking their homeland.

Seems that if you brought up your own countrymen, there would be more people able to help in other countries then too?

Maybe I'm just over simplifying it?

And I don't by the Aid part. Maybe that is the actually amount for "true" aid, but our government has lots of other names, for the money given to other countries.

Help should go to those who need it most. I'm not going to give my neighbor 50 bucks for a video game if the guy down the street has no shoes for work.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Bill Gates gross wealth in 2014 vs his gross wealth in 1994. Sure someone can play with numbers to show an improvement. He is just cherry picking what he wants to show. In reality, half of this is crap, there is evidence for anything out there if you discount evidence because it doesn't match what you want to think. There are a lot more people that are really poor in this world than he is saying. The personal income of the poor may be increasing but the cost of living is also increasing. I suppose that Gates considers the drop in the cost of computers as part of the cost of living like our government now does. They change the rules to make us feel like we are doing better than we are. They twist the numbers to fit their needs.

I can't blame Gates for trying, but many people know this is a twisted misconception.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

GoalPoster
Just from the title of the thread, I would figure the nine reasons they believe the world is a better place is because that's the number of zeros behind the $80 signifying their net wealth as opposed to the big fat zero zeros after the $80 signifying the net wealth of most of the rest of us.

Things always look rosy when you get to wipe your arse with $100 bills.

Since 2007 Bill Gates has given away 48 percent of his net-worth for charity

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Right, I agree, except I wouldn't give my neighbor 50 for a video game, period.
Never did it for my own sons.
They could work for it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think the one fact that should strike a chord with everyone, is how the U.S. military spends 60x as much than it does on health care. What's outrageous, is people will complain about how social programs are causing huge deficits, yet nobody's outraged about military spending? I guess it's more important to spend an enormous amount of money to create weapons to wage war, maim, kill, and destroy infrastructure, than to preserve life and give every American affordable health care.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Cuervo

Right, I agree, except I wouldn't give my neighbor 50 for a video game, period.
Never did it for my own sons.
They could work for it.

It was an analogy...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Knowing what I know now, I think I would be happier living in the '50s and '60s.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that Melinda's stick figures had three legs? Are they mutants? Or were they boys?

Just sayin...
edit on 11-2-2014 by abeverage because: of mutations

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No. The water is poison/undrinkable where I live. There aren't many jobs because of the left and their war on coal.

Millionaires, like Gates & wifey, are out of touch with reality, or 'the regular folk'. It is good that he donates a lot of his money though. I would rather him give more in America, but it's his moola.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Plugin
why 9 reasons why not 10?

He tried to make a 10th one, but his whiteboard turned blue and told him to contact technical support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join