It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Schappelle Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Schappelle Corby was convicted of drug smuggling in Bali in 2005. Sentenced to 20 years she was released yesterday (10/2/2014). On a 3 year parole. She always declared her innocence and this is a massive topic on Australian media right now.
au.news.yahoo.com...

I believe the article above contains a false image of Corby. I don't believe she is in Bali anymore. Most likely to convince the Balinese public that justice has triumphed.

An Australian TV series was due to air recently telling her story and undoubtedly advertising her innocence. It was pulled before screening could start and now she is free. Who sold her story? Where did the money go? 'Is this a proceeds of crime' issue?

I believe the story was sold to a big broadcaster in Australia by Shappelle or her family, the proceeds then used to buy her freedom. Bribery money. She jumped the country immediately and now this photo surfaces to mislead everyone into believing there has been no injustices here.

Guilty or not, money can buy everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

It was reported on tv news that she has a media deal for exclusive interview for several million.
And who says crime doesn't pay.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

spearhead
An Australian TV series was due to air recently telling her story and undoubtedly advertising her innocence. It was pulled before screening could start

Who told you that nonsense? It was shown Sunday night and again Monday night -

8.55pm
Schapelle - Finally Free - A Nine News Special New Episode

9.45pm Schapelle Drama. Krew Boylan, Colin Friels. (M)

Channel 9 www.yourtv.com.au...

It did not rate very well
www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...
www.tvtonight.com.au...

I don't believe she is in Bali anymore

The convicted drug smuggler is still there...

She jumped the country immediately and now this photo surfaces to mislead everyone into believing there has been no injustices here.

No, the drug dealer will remain until her parole finishes

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

The TV drama was meant to air a few weeks ago. I'd say it was delayed to coincide with Corby's release. But still the real focus is the image I believe to be a fake.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Really had hoped here was going to be a Shappelle free zone sigh...since it isn't.. and to weigh in, I think it is important to note that there was not a scrap of evidence produced to actually prove this woman stuffed her own boogie board with dope.
However substantial evidence existed that she didn't, including the 'quiet' arrest of 3 Qantas baggage handlers years later for drug smuggling - which is a claim she made at trial , one that was dismissed outright by Aus Fed authorities and Indonesia's "justice' system as 'preposterous'. Yeah right:/ Anyhoo..it was clear from the get go it was a political war, and a politically motivated conviction. Not to mention the mad scramble to try and protect Qantas's corporate reputation by our gov shills.

"Convicted" does not always equate with 'guilty' even in the best legal systems as we know, in Jakarta even less so where two 'convicted' and jailed people smugglers responsible for multiple deaths at sea currently sit surrounded by wifi connect, TVs servants and mobile phones. ( Four Corners, Sievx)

In this case, in this country, money does buy everything including convictions and I am of the position that everyone else seems to have made a good profit from her crime (if she did it) but her, so rather than seeing her on welfare here for the rest of her life, sure.why not .I have no issue with her grabbing some cash from idiots stupid enough to pay her and secure her own future for a "crime" that here would not have even raised an eyebrow.

Baggage handlers arrested

Aus Feds/bali nine

As for the pic? Fake? who knows..one doing the rounds yesterday had her in her underwear :/ Photoshop is a grand thing..pfft.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

weirdguy

It was reported on tv news that she has a media deal for exclusive interview for several million.

This statement is absolute BS. 10 years without earnings and huge legal fees to pay and family to repay highly likely, she is definately entitled to earn some money. Was part of her puishment that she live in poverty for the rest of her life. The author of the above statement is not thinking at all but does not even appear to see the the laws about preventing convited people from selling stories has got for more with setting the record straight and hitting back the injustices and harm done. Ask David Hicks

Why should she not earn some money telling the world about the fact the both her Indonesion and Australian lawyers we unable to get Schepples baggage checkin weight from Quantas. If the checkin record showed her checking weght equaled the wegiht of her bagage and the brick of happy weed, then it would have convicted her immediatley. To this day the goverment has refused to make Shepple Corbys checkin wegiht from he quantas checkin public WHY ?????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

learnatic
To this day the goverment has refused to make Shepple Corbys checkin wegiht from he quantas checkin public WHY ?????????????????????????????????????????????

It was not weighed separately... so they do not have it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I believe she is in the proverbial "Catch22" situation.
She is not allowed to do any interviews whatsoever without the permission of the Indonesian Government. This is unlikely because they will not want information given on their jails and systems. If she does so without permission it will be a breach of her parole conditions and she could end up back in jail for another 3 years.
Channel 7 here in Oz have hotly denied that they offered her anywhere near 2 million dollars that has been quoted.
The option is for her to serve her parole, return to Australia and give her interview back home, however, this could invoke the law of ex-convicted people benefiting from their crime through books, movies or interviews and the money could be confiscated. This could be avoided by paying the money directly to her sister, Mercedes, but this would have to be transferred to Bali where her (Mercedes) estranged husband (who, incidentally, guaranteed her parole conditions would be adhered to even though he is now separated from Mercedes) would no doubt want his share.
Hollywood scriptwriters couldn't have written anything better.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If anything, it is the lawyers who are making money. Not the girl.

"Let's kill all the lawyers" - William Shakespeare play Henry VI.

That's who's making the money.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I rek'n she's gone.
Why would she stay?
Make her way to the embassy and boom, smuggled out.

For the record I think she's guilty.
A friend of mines partner was a camera man for the channel 7 news.
He was in the courtroom during the trial.
He said everyone who watched her though she looked like a guilty person.
But the TV only showed you the images of her crying.

9yrs in prison, she's set to make a few million. what a great message this sends to young people.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
I rek'n she's gone.
Why would she stay?
Make her way to the embassy and boom, smuggled out.

For the record I think she's guilty.
A friend of mines partner was a camera man for the channel 7 news.
He was in the courtroom during the trial.
But the TV only showed you the images of her crying.

9yrs in prison, she's set to make a few million. what a great message this sends to young people.

I guess this is the Aussie version of the Amanda Knox story.

Minus the murder.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

seriously?

she "looked" guilty?

hm...

ffs...

deny ignorance my a*s.

Ro

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The media circus surrounding this event is pathetic.

Every media outlet are desperately scrambling over each other to get to Schappelle, and they'll be trailing her and watching her until the moment she breaks her silence.

Not to mention her home will be surrounded by Journalists 24/7 and she won't be able to leave without getting hounded, she may as well be back in prison.

But Screw her and her concerns, ratings come first. I have no opinion of her conviction, but I truly despise the way the media and their half arsed 'Journalists' have handled the whole situation, poor form.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

learnatic

weirdguy

This statement is absolute BS. 10 years without earnings and huge legal fees to pay and family to repay highly likely, she is definately entitled to earn some money. Was part of her puishment that she live in poverty for the rest of her life. The author of the above statement is not thinking at all but does not even appear to see the the laws about preventing convited people from selling stories has got for more with setting the record straight and hitting back the injustices and harm done. Ask David Hicks

Why should she not earn some money telling the world about the fact the both her Indonesion and Australian lawyers we unable to get Schepples baggage checkin weight from Quantas. If the checkin record showed her checking weght equaled the wegiht of her bagage and the brick of happy weed, then it would have convicted her immediatley. To this day the goverment has refused to make Shepple Corbys checkin wegiht from he quantas checkin public WHY ?????????????????????????????????????????????

10 years without earnings and huge legal fees to pay? Because she is a convicted international drug courier.
Was part of her punishment to live in poverty? No, but she should not be an instant millionaire either she should be content that she didn't do the whole time.
David Hicks is a terrorist, trained Mujahdeen pffft.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Poor girl been stuck in jail for aaages. I doubt it was her that did the smuggling. There isn't that much money in weed and it's bulky. Who would pack all that into an easy zip boogie board bag of all things. They're easy targets given the ease of access. I think it was the baggage handlers at the airport. I hear that the weed was meant for elsewhere and then the baggage handler's manager came around and the handler hastily hid it in the bag thinking he'd come back to it but by the time he returned, the boogie board was gone. Then again, I can't provide any evidence to back that up bar the stories that have trickled down the grapevine. But what I do know is that it'd be a rookie move to move a) weed and b) in a boogie board bag. I think she deserves her payday as I sure as hell would hate being locked up in an Asian prison ESPECIALLY if I was innocent. It'd be soul destroying.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

ragsntatters
I think it was the baggage handlers at the airport.

That was just a story made up by her lawyer...
www.watoday.com.au...

Corby's former lawyer, Robin Tampoe, admitted in a film shown on Channel Nine last night that he made up the claim about the baggage handlers, which was a central argument in Corby's defence and led to widespread speculation about corruption among airport staff. Read more: www.watoday.com.au...

How do you explain that the bag of weed was shaped to be the same size as the board....
edit on 11-2-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Rosha

Agit8dChop

seriously?

she "looked" guilty?

hm...

ffs...

deny ignorance my a*s.

Ro

yeah, as in, the people who were IN the court room day after day listening to her give testimony, watching her body language and paying attention to what she was saying, all thought she was guilty.

opposed to all the people who only saw her on TV with the 5 second sound bite of her crying like a poor little white girl.
care to grow up and contribute a response with substance?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

Rosha

Agit8dChop

seriously?

she "looked" guilty?

hm...

ffs...

deny ignorance my a*s.

Ro

yeah, as in, the people who were IN the court room day after day listening to her give testimony, watching her body language and paying attention to what she was saying, all thought she was guilty.

opposed to all the people who only saw her on TV with the 5 second sound bite of her crying like a poor little white girl.
care to grow up and contribute a response with substance?

ugh

Please.

EVIDENCE is what is supposed to determine guilt in a court of LAW. NOT appearance!
In this case there was NO evidence other than its presence in her bag, no fingerprints, no intent proven, nadda.
It was a mock trial played p for media and all those stupid enough to buy into it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

hellobruce

ragsntatters
I think it was the baggage handlers at the airport.

That was just a story made up by her lawyer...
www.watoday.com.au...

Corby's former lawyer, Robin Tampoe, admitted in a film shown on Channel Nine last night that he made up the claim about the baggage handlers, which was a central argument in Corby's defence and led to widespread speculation about corruption among airport staff. Read more: www.watoday.com.au...

How do you explain that the bag of weed was shaped to be the same size as the board....
edit on 11-2-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

None the less 3 baggage handlers within Australia were arrested and jailed for just this offense and Qantas was forced to admit a smuggling ring WAS at work in its Australian terminals.

Shape? The fact the stack was of the right dimensions to fit shows a knowledge of smuggling and a level of professionalism at work, and if she was either of those two she'd not have been caught in the first place.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

spearhead
Schappelle Corby was convicted of drug smuggling in Bali in 2005. Sentenced to 20 years she was released yesterday (10/2/2014). On a 3 year parole. She always declared her innocence and this is a massive topic on Australian media right now.
au.news.yahoo.com...

I believe the article above contains a false image of Corby. I don't believe she is in Bali anymore. Most likely to convince the Balinese public that justice has triumphed.

She is on parole, meaning that she must conform to specific terms and rules set out by their system there. I doubt she would have gone anywhere far.

An Australian TV series was due to air recently telling her story and undoubtedly advertising her innocence. It was pulled before screening could start and now she is free. Who sold her story? Where did the money go? 'Is this a proceeds of crime' issue?

Did you watch the show?

It aired the other night, and it actually showed a fairly balanced portrayal of the events.

I believe the story was sold to a big broadcaster in Australia by Shappelle or her family, the proceeds then used to buy her freedom. Bribery money. She jumped the country immediately and now this photo surfaces to mislead everyone into believing there has been no injustices here.

Guilty or not, money can buy everything.

Well yeah, money can by you a lot of things in Indonesia, but i don't think you are correct in your assertions of Schappelle Corby and her family.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join