It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq militants 'killed by own bomb while filming video'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Some days...karmic justice is delivered. Some days, it even comes to more than one person at the same time! This morning, it seems 21 people got their karmic justice all at once. Fate was busy and justice was served, in my personal opinion.

At least 21 insurgents have been killed in central Iraq after a car bomb was detonated by accident, reports say.

Now that, by itself, may not be enough for celebration. However, that isn't the whole story. It's what they were doing at the time they detonated their bomb that turned my expression of mild confusion into a broad grin and then, I admit, a soft laugh.

They were filming a propaganda video of the would-be suicide attacker when the blast occurred, the head of the local Sunni pro-government militia in Jilam told the AFP news agency.
Source

I suppose it's fair to say they would have lived longer if they hadn't been out setting up a car bomb to kill people...and making a video for propaganda purposes. Talk about making your own fate. Indeed.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does....
Wish karma kicked in more often.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ah well, if you play with fire, you may get burned.

I guess Muslim mothers don't tell their kids that one.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Not the first time this has happened and wont be the last.
i doubt we'll get to see the Video.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

butcherguy

Ah well, if you play with fire, you may get burned.

Exactly my first thought.

It doesnt matter is you are good, bad or just plain ugly, if you design and build weapons to kill people and you get killed doing it, thats just karma giving you a well deserved slap.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

A new reality TV show?

Militant bloopers?

I guess there wouldn't be any guest appearances...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Unfortunately, 21 men and children are already lined up to take their place. You could kill 1000 of them, and more would take their place. I tend to look at the whole situation like this.

A poor, hungry dog named Bob bit your hand off. Bob runs off into a crowd of other dogs. You are determined to beat Bob to death for what he did to you. So you follow Bob into the crowd, throwing kicks like nothing else. In your reckless frenzy you kick a few dozen innocent dogs square in the nose. Some of them die, some are just hurt. You finally get to Bob, and beat him to death. Then you turn around and see all the dogs you hurt, and the friends of the dogs you killed. They looked pretty pissed off, and start closing in on you. You start kicking in every direction, taking down as many as you can. The thuds, cracks, barks and yelps get louder, and dogs from all around come to see the commotion. They see this big brute kicking everything in sight... they see their friends hurt or killed... so they join the fight. Soon enough, there is an ever growing crowd of angry dogs. The friends and descendants of dogs you've hurt in the past. Your friends have come to help you. Maybe someday a dog will leap from the crowd and bite your jugular. Your friends see this, and fight to avenge you. Eventually thousands are lost on all sides, and few people involved had anything to do with your encounter with Bob. The ones that do might use it as justification. They might see Bob as a martyr. They might see you as having overreacted. They might not give a # about Bob, but just care that you killed their mother, father, sister, brother with one of your wayward kicks.

That's how see it. It's a terrible situation all around. Also, I just realized that portraying the middle east as a pack of dogs in this metaphor is not at all flattering. That wasn't on purpose, and I don't want to go back and rewrite the whole damn thing. I'm not making any statement using dogs as a metaphor. If you'd like, switch it around. Say that American is Bob who got kicked by the human.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

i doubt we'll get to see the Video.

Yeah car bombs tend to be a bit messy.
Occasionally they are filming from a remote distance to show the random militant blowing themselves up with a grenade or the like.
edit on bu282014-02-10T08:15:30-06:0008America/ChicagoMon, 10 Feb 2014 08:15:30 -06008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

I'm not making any statement using dogs as a metaphor. If you'd like, switch it around. Say that American is Bob who got kicked by the human.

It was a fine metaphor ... but in reality Bob doesn't run around kicking at anything. We have drones for that and they almost invariably do their thing, return to station, and wait for the next 21 people to fill the vacancy created.

In the words of Curtis LeMay, "If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting." Maybe that's what we're doing wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So a couple interesting points after reading various articles.

Medical officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak to media.

abcnews.go.com...

Jilam, a mostly rural farming area just south of the mostly-Sunni city of Samarra, has long been an insurgent stronghold.
au.news.yahoo.com...

The officer said security forces rushed to the area after hearing the sound of the explosion, arresting 12 of the wounded plus another 10 suspected militants trying to flee the area.

Medical officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak to media.
www.washingtonpost.com... _story.html

This one shows a picture. Not sure if it's stock photo or not.
edit on 10-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

In the words of Curtis LeMay, "If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting." Maybe that's what we're doing wrong.

Didn't Pol Pot and Hiter and a few others have a similar line?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe this story is to make up for the dreary news 5 days ago?

(Reuters) - Four bombs exploded in central Baghdad near the heavily-fortified "Green Zone" and a busy square on Wednesday, killing at least 23 people, Iraqi security sources said.

The blasts came a day after two rockets were fired into the Green Zone, home to the prime minister's office and Western embassies, and are likely to heighten concerns about Iraq's ability to protect strategic sites as security deteriorates.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the bombings, but Sunni Islamist militants have been regaining ground in Iraq, particularly in the western province of Anbar, where they overran two cities on January 1.

More than 1,000 people were killed in violence across the country in January alone, and last year was the bloodiest since 2008, when sectarian warfare began to abate from its height.

On Wednesday, security sources said two parked car bombs went off opposite the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, killing 11.

www.reuters.com...

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer…

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by Snarl

Didn't Pol Pot and Hiter and a few others have a similar line?

Well ... in their case, actions speak just as loudly as words. And, granted, I always omit the other part where he admits he would have been prosecuted for war crimes had the Axis powers prevailed in WWII.

Good one ... salutes you!!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

SLAYER69

A new reality TV show?

Militant bloopers?

I guess there wouldn't be any guest appearances...

LOL S&F for that I about spit water all over the keyboard...

Thanks for the laugh this mornin Slayer

Grim

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This will require a lot of virgins. Supposedly each jihadist gets 72 virgins when they die. They might have to start recruiting from Catholic girl's high schools.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

UnBreakable
This will require a lot of virgins. Supposedly each jihadist gets 72 virgins when they die. They might have to start recruiting from Catholic girl's high schools.

Ah, they won't have much luck there.... judging by the Catholic girls that I have known.

They may just have to be happy with goats.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Lies. We never had any virgins back when we were in Catholic school.

edit on 10-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

butcherguy

UnBreakable

Ah, they won't have much luck there.... judging by the Catholic girls that I have known.

They may just have to be happy with goats.

Good point. I guess most Catholic girls I know don't fit the bill also. Goats it is then.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Well i guess the video made it easier to identify the body parts so at least in the end it had a purpose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join