It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first Congressman to battle NSA is dead..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Just so we're all clear on this: Otis Pike did not 'accidentally' shoot himself in the head with a nail gun. He was 92 years old and died in a hospice, presumably of kidney failure.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 10-2-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to add link.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

It takes much more than bravery to confront the NSA. Their powers have only grown since those times back then. Technology has served to enhance and facilitate that growth, to the point where they now have real time data collection on every form of communication. If you are a target, there is nothing you can hide from them.

If you are in a position of power and influence either in the government or private sector they probably already have an extensive file on you, and are monitoring all of your communications and internet/network activities.

Choose to take on the NSA, and you may be choosing to destroy yourself.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I was unaware of Pike's death so your point is well made. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Otis who?

Never heard of him. Why should we care?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

DrunkYogi
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Alex Jones is a shill. The Rothschilds are the Pope's bankers and the Zionist angle is a sham. Try and get Jones to mention the Jesuit's and you will have a long wait that is why i know he is not on our side. Have a Google search for people currently in power that have Jesuit links, you will be astonished. If i hear any conspiracy theorist's and they do not mention the Jesuit angle they are either not worth listening to or they are against the people and not for them. Truly it is the Jesuits that are controlling the world and leading us down the road of Fascism.

The way I understand it this is incorrect.
The real power brokers are the board of directors for the Bank of International Settlements. There isn't a Rothschild on the list.
Interestingly enough though, Ben Bernanke is. The BIS is the "bank for central banks". Meaning that all of this funny money and tapering, and subsequent financial calamity is all approved by this one single entity who are outside the scope of ANY law whatsoever. They answer to nobody, yet they control the economies of the world with the stroke of a pen.

The market fluctuations amount to little more than redistribution of wealth.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

DrunkYogi

Alex Jones is a shill. The Rothschilds are the Pope's bankers and the Zionist angle is a sham. Try and get Jones to mention the Jesuit's and you will have a long wait that is why i know he is not on our side. Have a Google search for people currently in power that have Jesuit links, you will be astonished. If i hear any conspiracy theorist's and they do not mention the Jesuit angle they are either not worth listening to or they are against the people and not for them. Truly it is the Jesuits that are controlling the world and leading us down the road of Fascism.

Alex doesn't talk about any religion....but whatever.

yes...the jesuits have some historical significance. One of my favorite books is the Rulers of Evil and that book breaks down much of the Catholic churches evil but....the Rothschildes as the Jesuits bankers or as being in bed with them.....that argument doesn't make much sense. They are competing powers

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Maybe you should listen to Karen Hudes a World Bank whistle blower.

Some great info hear to........
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever after years of looking into this, it is the Jesuit's.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

DrunkYogi

Alex doesn't talk about any religion....but whatever.

yes...the jesuits have some historical significance. One of my favorite books is the Rulers of Evil and that book breaks down much of the Catholic churches evil but....the Rothschildes as the Jesuits bankers or as being in bed with them.....that argument doesn't make much sense. They are competing powers

The Rulers of evil is an outstanding book, great work. The Rothschilds are the Pope's Bankers they are not in competition but collusion. The Rothschilds are not real Jews they are Ashkenazi, some good info hear....... rense.com...
Not real Jews but of the Synagogue of Satan. They are not the Biblical Jews, they use them, that is why you will see the real Jewish people are against Zionists.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by 727Sky

Its amazing that Ron Paul has lived as long as he has. I think the NWO realized that it was better to marginalize and attack Ron Paul vs his dying under "suspicious circumstances".

I dont think Ron Paul supporters would have let that slide.

Good point.
—We wouldn't have—

S&F great thread~

~E.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I saw this last night,but did not have the time to post it. I also found this link

Shame that such an upstanding man had his career ruined by the scum that be. I found the information in the article about how the NSA came to be quite interesting.

Pike quickly discovered the fundamental problem with the NSA: It was by far the largest intelligence agency, and yet it was birthed unlike any other, as a series of murky executive orders under Truman at the peak of Cold War hysteria. Digging into the NSA’s murky beginnings, it quickly became clear that the agency was explicitly chartered in such a way that placed it beyond legal accountability, out of reach of the other branches of government. Unlike the CIA, which came into being under an act of Congress, the NSA’s founding charter was a national secret.

I think that it's time to do away with presidential orders,especially with the circumvention of congress that Obamanation has planned.He needs to be reminded that he is not king of America.

The fact that he was never able to see the actual document that is the charter of the NSA I find somewhat suspicious.

In early August, 1975, Pike ordered the NSA to produce its “charter” document, National Security Council Intelligence Directive No. 6. The Pentagon’s intelligence czar, Albert Hall, appeared before the Pike Committee that day—but without the classified NSA charter. Hall reminded Pike that the Ford White House had offered to show the NSA charter document to Pike’s committee just as it had done with Church’s Senate Committee members, who had agreed to merely view the charter at a government location outside of Congress, without entering the secret document into the Senate record. Officially, publicly, it still didn’t exist. Pike refused to accept that:

“You’re talking about the document that set up the entire N.S.A., it’s one which all members [of Congress] are entitled to see without shuttling back and forth downtown to look at.”

Assistant Defense Secretary Hall told an incredulous Pike that he hadn’t brought the NSA charter with him as he’d been told to, and that he couldn’t because “I need clearance” and the charter “has secret material in it.”

“It seems incredible to me, very frankly, that we are asked to appropriate large amounts of money for that agency which employs large numbers of people without being provided a copy of the piece of paper by which the agency is authorized.”

Seriously, the charter is so secret that the assistant secretary of defence doesn't have the clearance to see it? I find that very difficult to believe.

edit on 2/10/2014 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

ausername
reply to post by DJW001

Otis who?

Never heard of him. Why should we care?

No doubt typed in your best Hillary voice ! hahahah

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

To find out why US intelligence was such a dangerous and expensive boondoggle, Pike summoned Secretary of State Kissinger to testify— but Kissinger refused to appear. Pike wasn’t playing ball the way Church was, so the Ford Administration and the intelligence community decided to stop cooperating and to start pushing back—stonewalling or ignoring subpoenas, gumming up the investigation’s gears. The Pike Committee held Kissinger in contempt; Kissinger responded that he was the victim of Congressional “McCarthyism”— and much of the Washington Establishment backed up the invented Kissinger-as-McCarthyism-victim meme.
Good old Kissinger who still haunts the power halls of Washington's think tanks.
Kissinger went ballistic accusing Pike of harming national security and the foreign policy of the United States.
news.google.com...,2657426

Hi, 1st time post, Anyone else look at this article and find it odd / ironic that there were two stories around Pot on the same page? Pot selling for more than Gold, and that Pot is less harmful than Cigs and Booze.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Dianec

Wouldn't it be something in 2016 if 90%'of the people put the name of some small guy/gal on the ballot and totally ignored all campaigning efforts.

a. That guy/gal would have to have eligibility in all 50 states.
b. You'd still be defeated by the Electoral College.

It IS a nice dream though.

Some times I can't help but wonder ... What if EVERYONE just stayed home.
I know it's the longest of long shots, but we would then know who was incharge by who got "corrinated".

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Powerful intel! Great post. Thank you sir.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

This

the agency was explicitly chartered in such a way that placed it beyond legal accountability, out of reach of the other branches of government.

and this

I think that it's time to do away with presidential orders

have put the finger on the solution. What everyone perceives as a problem will continue until those are specifically addressed. Beating around the bush has been tried.

Also, the problem doesn't start and stop with 'them'. All of the alphabet agencies have a sinister side to them. Believe it or not, the Constitution has the solution written right into it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

You've done your homework. Thank you very much for sharing!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Sky, well laid out Thread! It was an informative read.
I side with you here, especially about the 'Bugger Bears' and that we need some protection from them.
I have been, for a while now, been wondering where all this will lead.
Probably not to a good Ending I'm thinkin'. Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

ausername
When an agency can provide very real godlike powers over people to a government administration, those powers become impossible to remove.

The NSA can find anything on anyone anywhere any time and for any reason.

Think about the implications of a government having that kind of power, think of how it can be used to corrupt, coerce, extort, silence and control..

They will do anything, ANYTHING, to protect and retain those capabilities and powers they provide them.

history shows there is hope, even the knights templar were wiped out, and they had unbelievable wealth and political power.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I love the NSA! those guys are fantastic! keep up the good work folks! enjoying the coffee and pastry? excellent. you folks are worth every penny of ithe tax dollars you get from me!. I can never understand when people look at NSA and CIA they see evildoers and scum and criminals. Yet when you show them DNC or RNC, YOU ONLY GET A BLANK STARE !apparently, if you live in ANY country other than the USA it's OK to have an intelligence collection capability, and it's about national interest and neccesity but when the USA does it it's evil and disgusting! Keep up the good work NSA. Keep up the good work NAVSECGRUCOM! keep up the good work all the rest of you folks in the other SCA's. In god we trust, all others we monitor !

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

I agree. Keep up the good work NSA.

It's the whole non conformist mantra here at ATS that is so comical at times. Just as you said anything and everything the US government does it's a world wide murder conspiracy that involves all doers of evil.

They can spy on me all they want-they know everything anyway-that is true of anyone who has had his services contracted to the Agency or the Bureau-big deal!

It just like the never ending police state that so many here fabricate. If you would try to work the system rather than rock the boat you might find out that being mad at America all the time sucks.

Just like when it involves the local law-it's so much easier to say:

"Sure deputy you can have that rick of firewood-I got plenty-I'll have my guys stack it for you later on"

or

"No problem officer your boys can go hunting on that land anytime they want to"

or-an oldie but a goodie

"Now Sargent you just march right back down to that bank on Monday morning and they will be happy to give you that loan. You see, if they don't I'm going to tell everyone about that vice president's virginal 16 year old who we found passed out drunk wearing a sailor uniform-or that wife of his that has a plumber over every afternoon because her pipes keep getting clogged- or that boy of his who likes to hang out down by the docks where the men dress as ladies-now if that is not enough........

Now you see how much easier that is than constantly trying to proclaim a 'police state'

Now then next time I need something like 'can you run this idiot through VICAP and CODIS so I can see if he is as full of bull$hit as he looks.

And everyone lives happily ever after.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join