It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia's conspiracy theory list and template

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
(Note about self: Although I'm not one of the conspiracy theory posters here, I am entertained by some of the conspiracy threads and read some of them to try to see patterns in the mist. Other areas of ATS hold wide interest to me - science, space, ancient civilizations - and so I enjoy posting and learning in those forums...)

That said, I do think some people here may enjoy these if, like me, they're something they haven't seen before.

Here is a link to the "List of Conspiracy Theories" page at Wikipedia, and go to the bottom of this page for the Conspiracy Theory template:

en.wikipedia.org...

Both items are rather large, and there are many entries on them that I've never heard of, and many others I consider historical research and theory and not conspiracy theory. Maybe some can have a look at them to see if anything has been missed, or if the list or template gives too much emphasis to some of the categories and not enough to others, or if there are interesting items to create ATS threads about. I simply do not have the knowledge to know about much of it, but am putting up this thread as an "ATS public service" (ATSPS) to share this interesting wikipedia list and template with others.

edit on 9-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Interesting, haven't seen that Wiki page before though I have browsed their page that actually lists some top conspiracies. Was looking at a PDF link under the Further Reading section and found this which was pretty cool.

"Conspiracy Theories". CQ Researcher 19 (37): 885–908. October 23, 2009. ISSN 1056-2036.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here is your link Template

I like this one:

The "Frozen Envelope Theory" suggests that the NBA rigged its 1985 Draft Lottery so Georgetown University standout Patrick Ewing would land with the New York Knicks, who had the first pick in that year's draft. Conspiracy theorists argue that the Knicks' envelope was placed in the freezer so that when NBA commissioner David Stern reached into a bowl containing the envelopes of all the teams participating in the draft lottery, he would be able to identify that particular envelope by its being colder than the others.

It's simple, smart, factible and cannot be debunked
edit on 9-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ah, I haven't even looked at the talk pages of the list or the template, those could be very interesting (Wikipedia often gives more leeway to its talk pages than to the main pages themselves).

EDIT: The talk page of their Conspiracy Theory page has 17 archives! There's bound to be some nuggets in there. Here is the link to their Conspiracy Theory page:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

The cold envelope theory, haven't heard of that one either. Good find. They should use it at the Oscars ("Argo"? Can you believe Argo beat out "Lincoln" for Best Film last year?)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. Hours and hours of reading and ahead. Didn't realize the extent of some of these theories, such as genocide being a factor in the Irish potato famine. Off to read!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy

Thanks for posting this. Hours and hours of reading and ahead. Didn't realize the extent of some of these theories, such as genocide being a factor in the Irish potato famine. Off to read!

Thank you, and this thread can now point to three Wikipedia pages and their talk pages: "Conspiracy Theories" (with 17 talk pages), "List of conspiracy theories" (with three talk pages, the first one quite large), and the Conspiracy theory template.

And yes, the Irish potato famine may have been a mass genocide. I'm not an expert, and have to admit my main source on that is a Sinead O'Connor song - although I don't know how accurate it is, she seemed quite angry about it (and I trust O'Connor, who was years ahead of almost everyone else on the Catholic Church boy-toy scandal). I'll try to find that one and youtube it.

The potato famine is an example of what I mean. I see those type of things more as historical analysis and research than conspiracies, so in my universe there is a large overlap of the two.

------
Found it, and I haven't heard it in years. She was so beautiful and full of passion in those years. Sinead's take on the Irish Potato Famine in a song called "Famine":

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Post in error, a copy of the OP somehow (I have no idea where that came from). I'll put something else here.

Ah, the something else will be another Wikipedia page I've never seen or heard of, but fits in this thread. Here is their page on what they call Pseudoarchaeology:

en.wikipedia.org...

And it has one talk page, but very interesting because of the opening template. It looks like Wikipedia's arbitration committee argued long and hard into the night and came up with all kinds of restrictions for posting on this page and other "pseudo" pages, with punishments to be handed out for digressing from the norm. Interesting read, that.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've never seen anything on here about the electronic banking conspiracy but that actually seems like a real concern. Nothing to conspire about unless we think they used technology to set it up for something other than ease of use and efficiency.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Good find, which tells us that Alex Jones should quit messing around and join ATS. He could have his own forum, and we could watch him spin around like a top. He's the ultimate man who cried wolf, although he may be seeing the wolf the whole time and we just think it's a lapdog.

Dianec
I've never seen anything on here about the electronic banking conspiracy but that actually seems like a real concern. Nothing to conspire about unless we think they used technology to set it up for something other than ease of use and efficiency.

Yes, it seems to be following the formula of making all the worlds economies and savings electronic/internet dependent, for record keeping and money-storing purposes, and then pulling the plug, which will leave everyone as poor as churchmice (who actually have it pretty good with all the dropped communion wafers and holy water ponds) and looking for table scraps from people and groups of dastardly evil-doers who kept their money someplace real.
edit on 10-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

join