It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILERMINATY -- A new subculture poking fun at the alternative community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I posted this in the rant forum because its extremely annoying to bump into every time I talk to anyone about anything conspiracy related. It seems fitting to poke fun at the folks who think reptoids rule the world, but hell, where does that leave the rest of us?

People seem to lump all conspiracy theorists together.

Ilerminaty

* Prime example.

The description of this subculture reads;

Teh srs ilerminaty. This is a srs page that is for srs new world order bsns only. Please try to take this srsly.

For some reason, the "image" function isn't working for me, so see the most recent Ilerminaty picture here.

Ilerminaty - Kids in Africa are NOT starving

Just an annoying tid-bit of dumb-ass-ery spreading like the black death.

I personally had an idea to open a shop at my local flea market that would be somewhat of a truth movement, but when I talked to all my friends at the flea market, surprisingly few of them would take me seriously. They're all such good people too, but when I bring up anything like 9/11 or the phony war on terror, they smile, shake their heads, and wont meet eyes with me anymore. And dumb little comedic sub-cultures like this "Ilerminaty" only intensifies this response in people.

I wonder how anyone can take us seriously anymore.

edit on Xx65590928PM29 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I never heard of them 'till now , thanks S/F.

I child with a distended belly possibly due to chronic parasitism ( just a guess ) , Is not funny . Just this glimpse alone causes me to dislike them. I don ' t care about ' reptoids ' , but - I care about kids !

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I think it's absolutely hilarious.

Besides that, if you can't laugh at yourself, then, one should really just go dig a grave for themselves because they're already dead.

Enjoy the humor.
Don't be so serious.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

They're all such good people too, but when I bring up anything like 9/11 or the phony war on terror, they smile, shake their heads, and wont meet eyes with me anymore. And dumb little comedic sub-cultures like this "Ilerminaty" only intensifies this response in people.

That's why most members end up here in the first place!

Being able to laugh at yourself (and laugh when others lampoon you) is one of the best qualities someone can have....imho...and the inability of so many to do so is really putting a hurting on the world today. A la PC.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The people posting about the photo of the African boy are obviously idiots. The swollen belly of the child is not due to eating too much, but do to fluid build-up in the abdomen to do extreme malnutrition. I know you probably knew that, NightAngelus. I find it incredibly uneducated, dangerous and sad that anyone would look at that photo and think it was due to overeating!

Conspiracy stuff has always been ridiculed. Sometimes it deserves to be, and other times people make fun of things that, in the end, only make them look really dumb...

My two cents...

peace,
AB

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

They're all such good people too, but when I bring up anything like 9/11 or the phony war on terror, they smile, shake their heads, and wont meet eyes with me anymore. And dumb little comedic sub-cultures like this "Ilerminaty" only intensifies this response in people.

I wonder how anyone can take us seriously anymore.

Wer her, must be illerminati plot ter overthrer the movement er…

It's the actual thing this is mocking that makes everyone dismiss the any fringe subject. Before there used to be hundreds of journalists and academics that toiled on the fine line between what really goes on and the official story… But since conspiracies became a meme/mainstream (and not the example you provide), and every outlet of news refuses to look at actual news stories.

Yep, hard to take anyone serious.

Because the only one saying anything are angsty teens and they didn't even figure out the message.

So I think it's fitting.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Here is a link to a good piece that I just came across that deals with toxic talk www.rattlereport.com... . As for myself, Ilerminaty is one place I will not be going back to.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
While the humor in the link on the starving children is crass at best, this subculture, or whatever isn't very popular (thankfully).
They've had that FB page since May of 2013, and still only have 661 likes. That tells me that they won't be much of a nemesis to sites like this.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I understand the "laughing at yourself" stuff, but when I'm trying to be serious, I don't enjoy people smiling at me as though I'm telling them a joke. But yes, I guess its not too bad, because Ilerminaty is not too popular...

Its just annoying, ya know?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Now let's see how fast people are quickly to fall into peer-pressure and say they don't or never believed in 'illuminati' just because it's being made fun of now.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sounds/looks like kids mostly. Annoying but still kids.

I used to worry about 'most people not getting it'. Then I drifted into the view that it does not matter. The majority of people throughout history did not 'get it'. Today is no different. They go along with anything. They do not change anything. They may voice an ill informed opinion but deep down they know that they do not know enough so they ride the bus - where ever it may go.

A very small percentage change or maintain the azimuth of a society. The good part? That is all it really takes. The know-nothings are not required other than to keep being know-nothings and easily pushed in any direction.

The website/movement you mention seems to be in this category of ill informed opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Those just seem like spoiled well to do kids who have access to the internet and the means to be happy and enjoy humor. I dont think anything means much to them as far as politics, poverty, the world, conspiracies. Everyone who would spend their time doing such a thing most likely has a stable and simple life. Why should someone with a stable life care about anything other then themselves and their stable life?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

XxNightAngelusxX
I understand the "laughing at yourself" stuff, but when I'm trying to be serious, I don't enjoy people smiling at me as though I'm telling them a joke. But yes, I guess its not too bad, because Ilerminaty is not too popular...

Its just annoying, ya know?

I fully understand the annoying nature of it, that was probably their intent in the first place.

The above poster is correct, in my opinion, that they sound like a bunch of kids, and if they're adults, then they are immature ones.

One thing about the "class clown" act, no one tends to take you seriously when you try to be.

join