It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could take three videos from the past where and when would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by datasdream

What a fun thread! I know you asked for specific dates and places but so far everybody's been pretty general so I'm gonna go in that vein.

I can't believe how much it stumped me and I'm sure I would kick myself the next day for things I didn't think of but here goes...

1. The decision making at the Council of Nicea for deciding on the content of the Christian bible.
2. The actual clean-up and requisition crew for the Roswell event.
3. A long video tour of a ziggurat during the highest-populated period of Uruk or Ur. Or... any of Inanna's temples with worshipers active inside.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Dear Cuervo,

You'll be happy to know that you can pick another day to film. The Council of Nicea had nothing to do with picking the books of the Bible. Go ahead, take another shot.

www.tertullian.org...

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is a tough question. Out of sheer curiosity for certain historical events, I would like to record the events surrounding Socrates' trial, as well as the trial itself. I would also like to witness a large-scale ancient battle. Maybe the Battle of Marathon, or even a later battle, maybe one of Napoleon's victories. I was thinking maybe a battle from the Civil War, but I can't think of one that I could choose over an ancient battle. Maybe Chancellorsville, or possibly Pickett's charge at Gettysburg. Oh, and I would like to see what was going on in the time of Jesus. Maybe the Sermon on the Mount, or something like that.

I could probably think of a ton of other stuff if I really thought about it, and I am curious to see what others have come up with.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

JiggyPotamus
This is a tough question. Out of sheer curiosity for certain historical events, I would like to record the events surrounding Socrates' trial, as well as the trial itself. I would also like to witness a large-scale ancient battle. Maybe the Battle of Marathon, or even a later battle, maybe one of Napoleon's victories. I was thinking maybe a battle from the Civil War, but I can't think of one that I could choose over an ancient battle. Maybe Chancellorsville, or possibly Pickett's charge at Gettysburg. Oh, and I would like to see what was going on in the time of Jesus. Maybe the Sermon on the Mount, or something like that.

I could probably think of a ton of other stuff if I really thought about it, and I am curious to see what others have come up with.

I was one step away from picking Gettysburg or Bull Run or one of the other major Civil War engagements, then I remembered some of the very graphic daguerrotypes of the time ... and I thought again about it.

I'm not sure I could watch even though it would be cool to see how some of those battles really did go down.

And some of the ancient battles could also be interesting, too. Watching the Roman legions in action would be fascinating.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh, I know what I want ... I video of what actually happened in Hitler's Bunker. Make that my third one, please.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Well it was in the original design. Since the option has been asked for it can now work for a generic date. The three requests per customer still remains an inherent limitation.
LOL!
Thanks
I've got some more questions in wings but only at a time. My genie prevents multiple simultaneous occurrences.

edit on 2/8/2014 by datasdream because: Wrong simultations spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1. The pyramids being built.

2. 60 minutes of Ghengis Khan in battle.

3. This being formed.........

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Is that gobekli tepe?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
1. My sons birth, I was in Iraq at the time and the hospital had a no recording policy.

2. Sept. 11th, building 7.

3. Battle of Los Angeles to see what they were shooting at that night.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hmmmm. Maybe the council of Trent?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

blupblup
1-Big Bang
2-Dinosaurs
3-JFK

I'm being no more specific than that

Oh and WW says.

1 -The take off and landing of Apollo 11 & Lunar Module Landing and Take off (that's less than a day's footage,right?)
2 - The Battle of Los Angeles, 1942
3 - Witnessing and recording Atlantis, if it existed and wasn't merely made up by Plato

edit on 8/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Battle of LA....nicely done!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

The stone of the pregnant Woman or Stone of the south is in a Quarry in Baalbek (Heliopolis temple complex), Lebanon. Purportedly it is a Roman monolith.

20.31–20.76 meter length
4 meters wide at the base
4.14–5.29 meters wide at top
4.21–4.32 meters in height
2.6–2.8 g/cm³ density.
1000 Metric tonnes.

Would be very interested in seeing the manufacture and transportation process.

To note, a second larger monolith exists in the same quarry with calculated weight of 1200+ MT.

Some suggest they were intended for the Trilithon which makes up the Podium for the Roman Jupiter Temple of Baalbek.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The Council of Nicea had nothing to do with picking the books of the Bible.

There is the bit about St. Jerome and his prologue to the deuterocanonical book of Judith.

the quote...

“…Among the Hebrews the Book of Judith is found among the Hagiographa, the authority of which toward confirming those which have come into contention is judged less appropriate.

Yet having been written in Chaldean [Aramaic] words, it is counted among the histories.

But because this book is found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures, I have acquiesced to your request, indeed a demand, and works having been set aside from which I was forcibly curtailed, I have given to this (book) one short night’s work translating more sense from sense than word from word.

I have removed the extremely faulty variety of the many books; only those which I was able to find in the Chaldean words with understanding intact did I express in Latin ones.

Receive the widow Judith, an example of chastity, and declare triumphal honor with perpetual praises for her.

For this one has the Rewarder of her chastity given as imitable not only for women but also for men, Who granted her such strength, that she conquered the one unconquered by all men, she surpassed the unsurpassable.”

...certainly seems suggestive of it. Not proof it was but seems to show St. Jerome thought so. Food for thought?

source
edit on 8-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
1. The day before the Creator created the phisical world
2. The day the Creator created the phisical world
3. The day the Holy Spirt entered humanity
edit on 8-2-2014 by overanocean because: bad spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
1. the library at alexandria before it was burned - record as many of the lost writings as could. 2. the hanging gardens of babylon 3. the battle of sekigara in 1603 when japan was finally reunited after 300 years of civil war.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Here are mine:

1) The last discussions between Jacques de Molay and his officers. This should unveil what the leaders had in mind for the Templar order, and whether or not they were intending to survive after the persecution, and through what methods. Also, treasure!

2) As has been stated, i would like to see footage of the Dyatlov Pass incident. Some crazy stuff went on there, and i would like to know what exactly happened.

3) The day George Washington walked alone into the bush to contemplate his tactics against the British. Just curious to see if he had a bit of a *cough* talk with the English before going off and defeating them in following major battles.

Seems a bit odd that one would venture alone into the bush, only to come out with tactics and ideas of how to defeat their opponents (who were infinitely more powerful) without any underhand dealings...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
1. Moses and the parting of the Red Sea.

2. The crew planting explosives in WTC1, 2, and 7 in the days leading up to September 11, 2001.

3. The film set and production of the Apollo moon landings in the desert.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by datasdream

The building of the pyramids.
The building of Puma Punku.
The building of the statues on Easter Island.

That's all.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That night sometime in the summer of 1979.
(somewhere in my hometown [somewhere in Northern IL USA] )

Since then, I have questioned myself, tried hard to remember truthfully. That would be my pick of something to have gotten on a good accurate clear video, in a particular time-past.

I am not trying to push a ufo-aliens-coming-here in this thread, for sure. I don't know what those things ("ufos") are/were. Just that they were round, a dim orange, about the size of maybe a nickel at arm's length, abreast-side/by/side. See, I had made a drawing immediately after the sighting, but near 9 years later, while I was in my second USAF enlistment far from home, I was returning to my apartment from visiting a fellow ufo-buff friend with that drawing, and a man came up to me and snatched my purse, with me trying to hang on to it. Never saw the purse and contents again.
Many years after that, I decided to recreate/draw that sighting. A then/friend-witness and I, as we were sitting on some sportsfield benches beholding the flying whatzits. I did the best I could, and also made a report finally, to NUFORC.

And I would like to have filmed this sighting as well, which took place in the late 1970's too, over my house, and I was alone in the backyard at night, and found this particular v-formation strings-of-'stars' most curious, because when it was first coming over, it was 'backwards', then it inverted in flight, with the point going to the front. Man, I would like to have had that on visual documentation.

I have a third video wish, but it's too messy of a Pandora's box to spill about, here.

edit on 9-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: ad

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by Cuervo

Dear Cuervo,

You'll be happy to know that you can pick another day to film. The Council of Nicea had nothing to do with picking the books of the Bible. Go ahead, take another shot.

www.tertullian.org...

With respect,
Charles1952

I always viewed Constantine's commission of all those bibles as his way of putting his foot down and concreting the canon. Your link made me look at several other sources and I admit I'm rethinking some of it. Thanks for linking it.

As far as a second choice, I asked my daughter (who's five) what she would pick. She said "when I was two, in a different life. My first life".

So I'm going to go with that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join