It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Will Back Japan Against China , Reaffirmed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I don't hate the Japanese for what an act of God and man's short sighted, bad decision making created. It is largely a Japanese nightmare to deal with, too. Radiation will largely settle out around the Eastern coast of the home island there, and it may be generations before things like their beloved fishing industry is safe to pursue again. It's tragic and it's sad, but it's not some evil plot by anyone or anything.

If you look at the timelines and specific chain of events of the first days, it was all pretty much over for decisions outside timing after the generators were destroyed. Without outside power, the rest was inevitable and they tried very hard to avoid it anyway. What happened to make this certain, happened clear back when the place was designed for how it was laid out. Arrogance and Hubris with regard to nature, more than nefarious, in my opinion.

Still... nothing about Fuku warrants hate for the Japanese, in my opinion. We should be reaching out to help them...and WITHOUT conditions, as headlines have indicated the US attached at times.

They deserve support, not retribution ...and under treaty? That's simply law anyway, not merely a good idea.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Plus a major war of world war proportions in asia though hitting the stock market's very hard would give the home production and job's at home a boost as our consumers would need the products and the manufacturers could no longer rely on cheap asian labour, it would take a while to stabilize though but not all bad here so long as our anti missile systems can shoot the chinese ICBM's down, the problem is it may escallate with russian providing assistance to china and grow into a truly global war.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Bazart

I can ' t help but wonder why the US should start acting like we care about treaties all the sudden ?

We should always care about our treaties. That said if Japan or China touches off a war we could wipe 25% right off the top of our national debt by invalidating China's T Bill holdings.

Couple that with the new super duper MyRA Obama's hawking and we're good to run for another few decades. Plus it'll keep the MIC happy.

edit on 015pm4444pm52014 by Bassago because: typo

OK, let's start by going backward and honoring all the treaties we made with native Americans. Oh no wait, treaties don't really mean that much to us after all. Spare me the they have been compensated bull chit. Yea we care about treaties only as long as it suits us.

As for Japan, well we spent to much money, blood sweat and tears rebuilding their country not to back them now. Plus, we need our base there. It is strategic for us.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

edit on 8-2-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Bassago
reply to post by Bazart

I can ' t help but wonder why the US should start acting like we care about treaties all the sudden ?

We should always care about our treaties.

edit on 015pm4444pm52014 by Bassago because: typo

Japan is NUKING us for almost 3 years, we should BOMB them to complete rubble..

That would be the best option.

And it would show that treaties are TWO way street..

YOU NUKE OUR NATION for 3 years, we won't save you!

.... Please seek professional psychiatric help, and I sincerely mean that.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
labtech767 -

Plus a major war of world war proportions in asia though hitting the stock market's very hard would give the home production and job's at home a boost as our consumers would need the products and the manufacturers could no longer rely on cheap asian labour, it would take a while to stabilize though but not all bad here so long as our anti missile systems can shoot the chinese ICBM's down, the problem is it may escallate with russian providing assistance to china and grow into a truly global war.

Do you really think there would be any stock market after the start of another war between nuclear-enabled countries? I think we would be too busy surviving to even care about our investments and pensions which keep the stocks afloat. When the next meal or drink becomes the priority, then it is back to bartering again.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

HanzHenry

SLAYER69

What Planet are you from?

Seriously.

Japan didn't set out to have a massive Earthquake and a disastrous Tsunami that killed thousands and caused Billions lost and in destroyed homes, villages and cities.

No, but they set out to basically LIE, mislead, hide data, and ALLOW it to CONTINUE for 3 YEARS.. YEARS and counting.

The worst of it hasn't hit the USA yet.

How long did the USSR take to seal of Chernobyl? sure wasn't this long was it.

I dont care if japan is swimming in radiation, they want to FINE, but HOW DARE they pollute others with RECKLESS head in SAND actions!

I initially thought that you were just being funny (dry wit) Hanz, but no...no, not at all...this reply made me realise that you were being serious.

Sooo?

Slayer, I'm with you on your assumption.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Japan is NUKING us for almost 3 years, we should BOMB them to complete rubble..

TEPCO is a US corporation brightspark, or did you miss that somewhere: You're nuking yourselves

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The worst of it hasn't hit the USA yet. How long did the USSR take to seal of Chernobyl? sure wasn't this long was it. I dont care if japan is swimming in radiation, they want to FINE, but HOW DARE they pollute others with RECKLESS head in SAND actions!

So howabout you personally go and clean up the Depleted Uranium used by US forces in Iraq and other places.
Do you perhaps even remember Union Carbide and the Bophal disaster? Such a crybaby
How about you shout even louder at BP and the Gulf of MExico fallout

HOW DARE they indeed,

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

But back on topic after sedating hanzhenry,

They usually only care if economic self interest is involved. If it wasnt for MacArthur during WW2 landing in Australia and turning the tides of war in the Phillipnes 3/4 of the Land mass of Australia would have been sacrificed along the "Brisbane Line" by the British and Australians politicians

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

There would alway's be a stock market somewhere in the world and even a world war would not include every nation though due to the environmental catastrophe there government's would likely freeze there market's to prevent outright collapse and then assuming they were not in the direct path of the radiation cloud's they would likely enter a state of martial law while increasing there own ground forces. I doubt the stream's of refugees heading for those country's would be welcome but suspect that they may cherry pick the best candidate's with essential skill's such as horticulturists, pharacists, doctor's, engineer's etc and after 25 years or so it would be the same old if more devastate world back to trading in stock's.

Only a mass depopulation of the world would render the stock market obsolete as it is based on the same supply and demand mechanic's as any commodity which of course is the barter system (it is just that you have to a member of the modern HANSIATIC league to be a full trading member).

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

TheConstruKctionofLight

The worst of it hasn't hit the USA yet. How long did the USSR take to seal of Chernobyl? sure wasn't this long was it. I dont care if japan is swimming in radiation, they want to FINE, but HOW DARE they pollute others with RECKLESS head in SAND actions!

Do you perhaps even remember Union Carbide and the Bophal disaster?

Here's a horrible admission , since you brought it up ( a bit off topic ? ) .

I worked at a heavy - industrial steel foundry ... where I was the ' processer ' . I checked welds on giant cereal bowl ( 12' diameter , for example - 2" thick ) . If I found ' faults ' - the supervisor would show me how to ' deal with it ' . These ( ' pressure vessel ) HEADS ... were sold to Union Carbide. ' Our ' main customer.

Bhopal happened two years later - with a pressurevessel HEAD rupturing.

Oh , God... I don't dream about it - but , the word Bhopal ! Always takes me to another place . I just hope I didn't do it.

<< 1   >>

join