It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Will Back Japan Against China , Reaffirmed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
US Will Back Japan .

Well , I suppose we ( Americans ) know which side we're on.

But - since I 1. Don't drive a Toyota. 2. Don't own stock in Toyota 3. Had an uncle who was killed with all hands aboard USS Legarto in1945... ( not by the Chinese ) .

I can ' t help but wonder why the US should start acting like we care about treaties all the sudden ?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

I can ' t help but wonder why the US should start acting like we care about treaties all the sudden ?

We should always care about our treaties. That said if Japan or China touches off a war we could wipe 25% right off the top of our national debt by invalidating China's T Bill holdings.

Couple that with the new super duper MyRA Obama's hawking and we're good to run for another few decades. Plus it'll keep the MIC happy.

edit on 015pm4444pm52014 by Bassago because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Bazart

Because there is an undisclosed profit....., Or you think it would be for free?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Bazart

We should always care about our treaties.

Japan is NUKING us for almost 3 years, we should BOMB them to complete rubble..

That would be the best option.

And it would show that treaties are TWO way street..

YOU NUKE OUR NATION for 3 years, we won't save you!

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

What Planet are you from?

Seriously.

Japan didn't set out to have a massive Earthquake and a disastrous Tsunami that killed thousands and caused Billions lost and in destroyed homes, villages and cities.

Enjoy your hot pocket.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So by your logic we need to bomb new Mexico also.

ETA. We do have a treaty with Japan that goes back decades. I for one think we need to sit this on out. We as a nation have over spent on our last endeavors in the middle east and Asia. But I know we will be by their side if the time comes.

edit on 8-2-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

That said if Japan or China touches off a war we could wipe 25% right off the top of our national debt by invalidating China's T Bill holdings. 

We wish our elected officials could clear a chunk of our debt....

But it really would take a world class conflict to do anything about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Actually, the best option would be for the people to educate themselves and use a little critical thinking from time to time rather than react on misguided outrage from over-hyped misinformation and call for atomic bombings.

Japan is not "nuking" anyone. Thats just an emotionally charged catch phrase word used to illicit emotional reactions. No nukes have been launched/dropped/detonated anywhere in years. The statement that the US has been being "nuked" for 3 straight is absurd.

You wouldnt even be alive to be outraged at such a scenario.

HanzHenry

The US doesnt need to be out "saving" anyone, anyway.

edit on 2/8/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

" No nukes have been launched/dropped/detonated anywhere in years. "????????

Underground tests in the United States continued until 1992 (its last nuclear test), the Soviet Union until 1990, the United Kingdom until 1991, and both China and France until 1996. In signing the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty in 1996, these states have pledged to discontinue all nuclear testing. However, as of December 2013, the treaty has not yet entered into force because of failure to be signed/ratified by eight specific countries. Non-signatories India and Pakistan last tested nuclear weapons in 1998.

The most recent nuclear test occurred in February 2013 in North Korea. In January 2013, North Korea had announced that it planned to conduct further tests involving rockets that can carry satellites as well as nuclear warheads "to strike and attack the United States".[2]

••Uninformed comments which lack truth are counterproductive to your argument.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-2-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey

" No nukes have been launched/dropped/detonated anywhere in years. "????????

Years, being the plural of year, means more than 1. The 1990s are, in fact, more than 1 year ago, thus, "years".

Sorry for forgetting NK. I dont really take them that seriously, so I guess I forgot about their test.

edit on 2/8/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

SLAYER69

What Planet are you from?

Seriously.

Japan didn't set out to have a massive Earthquake and a disastrous Tsunami that killed thousands and caused Billions lost and in destroyed homes, villages and cities.

No, but they set out to basically LIE, mislead, hide data, and ALLOW it to CONTINUE for 3 YEARS.. YEARS and counting.

The worst of it hasn't hit the USA yet.

How long did the USSR take to seal of Chernobyl? sure wasn't this long was it.

I dont care if japan is swimming in radiation, they want to FINE, but HOW DARE they pollute others with RECKLESS head in SAND actions!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

HanzHenry

No, but they set out to basically LIE, mislead, hide data, and ALLOW it to CONTINUE for 3 YEARS.. YEARS and counting.

I dont care if japan is swimming in radiation, they want to FINE, but HOW DARE they pollute others with RECKLESS head in SAND actions!

You're obviously the expert here.
Maybe you could go fix it for them?
Since, well, you must know SOMETHING that no one else knows if you know how to fix it.
I'm sure the whole planet will throw you a parade, or something for all your genius and heroic efforts that no one else has been able to solve or figure out.
Japan will probably rename one of its islands after you.

Of course, if you do know something that no one else knows and you do know how to fix it, then, it's also YOUR FAULT for not fixing it, because, well, there's some folks have been trying, and also, I mean, it's so important that it's effecting the old U S of Amerika, so, yeah.

edit on 2/8/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

HanzHenry

You're obviously the expert here.
Maybe you could go fix it for them?
I'm sure the whole planet will throw you a parade, or something for all your genius and heroic efforts that no one else has been able to solve.

the experts that fixed Chernobyl OFFERED to fix it back in 2011..

But the Japanese pride was too full. Now, millions of American children suffer needlessly!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

HanzHenry

But the Japanese pride was too full. Now, millions of American children suffer needlessly!

Oh, right, and Chernobyl is SAFE.

Pripyat is a thriving resort town destination, home to millions of happy healthy people.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Bassago
reply to post by Bazart

By that logic, doesn't a fair part of Europe have the right to blast The Ukraine back into the Dark Ages for Chernobyl?

How is killing more people a solution to natural disaster? I'm sure if the Japanese could do better, they would ..and war is a totally different matter, IMO.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Bazart

We should always care about our treaties. That said if Japan or China touches off a war we could wipe 25% right off the top of our national debt by invalidating China's T Bill holdings.

Couple that with the new super duper MyRA Obama's hawking and we're good to run for another few decades. Plus it'll keep the MIC happy.

Bingo! MyRA goes from a simple retirement alternative to your patriot duty like it was during WWI and WWII.

Through the selling of Liberty Bonds, the government raised $21.5 billion for the war effort.[23] The majority of sales were not to individuals but to banks and financial groups that ignored the patriotic appeal and bought the bonds principally as an investment opportunity.[23] The bond campaigns themselves proved relatively ineffective at gaining widespread public support. The majority of Americans were simply uncomfortable converting a significant portion of their savings into what was, for them, a new and uncertain form of investment.[23] The forceful sales atmosphere associated with the Liberty Bond campaigns ultimately produced disappointing sales figures. As such, the bond campaigns are remembered more for their associated level of coercion and bullying than its patriotic and voluntary nature.[28] Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, Jr. would face a balancing act between coercion and volunteerism in his bond campaigns during World War II.[28]

Notice the terms "coercion" and "bullying"? Those seem to fit this admin to a "t." If things get hot between Japan and China, including a trade war, how long do you think MyRA remains voluntary?

edit on 8-2-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Backing Japan is like the Kaiser backing Austria, interestingly we are approaching the 100th year anniversary of this August.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

HanzHenry

Bassago
reply to post by Bazart

By that logic, doesn't a fair part of Europe have the right to blast The Ukraine back into the Dark Ages for Chernobyl?

Had Chernobyl went along the HEAD IN SAND method of crisis management that Japan has taken then YES!

How long was it before Chernobyl was SEALED in CONCRETE?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

HanzHenry

Oh, right, and Chernobyl is SAFE.

Pripyat is a thriving resort town destination, home to millions of happy healthy people.

Fukushima is Chenorbyl..

By your logic, since the GROUND ZERO site is unsafe then it is FINE to pollute everywhere else?

When did i state that Chernobyl was SAFE? Only that the trouble has been CONTAINED (care for the definition of contain?)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here are REAL nuke victims of REAL nuclear attacks, FYI . This could happen again . Possibly to the Japanese ... again.

edit on 8-2-2014 by Bazart because: havtakillya

top topics

<<   2 >>

join