It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Disciples Of All Nations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Anybody want to be my disciple? This post has the power to reach all nations. I'm not sure how to baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

If you want to be my disciple and do disciple stuff your first instruction is to post in this thread. Maybe you can come up with ideas for other disciples of mine to use and participate in.

So far I have zero disciples. Also in the kings james version it says to go and teach all nations.

Matthew 29:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I don't really have much to teach. Perhaps you could click my name and read some of my threads. I guess I could teach that the Matrix is real. It's a Govt technology. They can wirelessly put an image graphic picture into your head and they can read your mind.

This is one of my teachings. As a disciple you will come to believe in this tech. If you don't then I don't really know you and my teachings have failed.

I just looked up the dictionary definition of disciple, here it is:

someone who accepts and helps to spread the teachings of a famous person

one of a group of 12 men who were sent out to spread the teachings of Jesus Christ

one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: as
a : one of the twelve in the inner circle of Christ's followers according to the Gospel accounts
b : a convinced adherent of a school or individual

So yep a disciple is someone who will spread teachings.

I teach about the Matrix. It exists right now.

Does anybody want to be my disciple? Or when it says go and make disciples of all nations does that mean make disciples for Jesus.

Jesus is a tough cookie with many hard sayings. It's hard to believe what other Christians believe. I like making my own way through the bible. I can't get round noahs ark and how Jesus even mentioned noah. The truth will set you free but I don't know the truth about Noah. Like repopulating the world from just 2 of every animal and like they would fit in the boat anyway unless it was tech or something.

So I like thinking and reading about Jesus but I absolutely don't know the truth about him. I do know that the matrix tech is real though. Teach that for now.

Are you my disciple? Maybe it could be fun. You can leave any time.

Post in this thread and be my disciple. LOL.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Sorry, leeda but my disciple-hood has already been taken.

I am a disciple of Eris Esoteric the goddess of discord, lady of the golden apple.

Maybe you could get into genetic engineering and make some disciples. That would be pretty Rad. You could make your own army of atomic super-men. Then I could make an army of atomic bat-men and we could battle them for bitcoins.

Yeah....

Kallisti

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here is a magical word for the average atheist like this one I assume?

Context, pulling a verse from a paragraph is very silly,
makes you and those who do it (seen many preachers do it as well) look like dills.

Is this a joke, wrong forum

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

leeda
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Anybody want to be my disciple? This post has the power to reach all nations. I'm not sure how to baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever walked into a Babtist Church (dare you) and asked the proctor/minister to babtize you; (a water Christian birth John the Babtist style)? Here is the normal response (given in total irony ABSENT); the answer is "We Do Not Do That Sort Of Thing Here and so, cannot help you".
edit on 7-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
if there is a point its that religions can be formed around someone with an idea which is absurd to you?
i think you miss the point that by following that idea we better ourselves.
others join the idea but don't follow it.

easy to mock centuries of pagans and religions but not very constructive.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

leeda

Have you ever walked into a Babtist Church (dare you) and asked the proctor/minister to babtize you; (a water Christian birth John the Babtist style)? Here is the normal response (given in total irony ABSENT); the answer is "We Do Not Do That Sort Of Thing Here and so, cannot help you".
edit on 7-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Not sure what a babtize is?

But being a baptist follower - at my church they do baptize with water like John the Baptist. Anyone who ask in sincere receives the water baptism.

I think you are making a poor joke and I don't think you will find many followers based on your approach.
edit on 8-2-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Every Baptist church I've ever been to does that full immersion kind of baptism.

Maybe they don't just baptize random strangers whose motivations they aren't sure of? I know some churches require at least some teaching and counseling before they will do some things.

The minister who married my husband and I required us to meet with him for a couple of weeks for counseling because he wanted to be sure he was doing the right thing as we weren't members of his congregation.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Maybe they don't just baptize random strangers whose motivations they aren't sure of? I know some churches require at least some teaching and counseling before they will do some things.

The minister who married my husband and I required us to meet with him for a couple of weeks for counseling because he wanted to be sure he was doing the right thing as we weren't members of his congregation.

What could be considered a 'nefarious motive', though??

My first marriage (in the Episcopal church) also required us to attend premarital counseling. We learned about "agape" love vs "romantic love" (lust and infatuation). I'd been baptized as a baby; my then-fiance had no churching at all.

Honestly, though - why would a clergyman refuse to baptize someone???

edit on 2/8/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

ketsuko
Every Baptist church I've ever been to does that full immersion kind of baptism.

I live within 1000 feet of walking distance to this particular Babtist church. Its a small town; and no one knows my Gnostic tendencies. So you are saying if Zoraster, Isaiah, Isaac, Moses, Abraham, Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Nostradamus; walked through those doors to be babtized would be turned away on the basis of being 'random strangers' and "needed religious counciling first". Seriously?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by ketsuko

Honestly, though - why would a clergyman refuse to baptize someone???

They wouldnt; it would be "big happy hugs embraces" and a thanks for wanting the 'ritual' of 'christ consciousness; the acceptance of' and would be glad to be a part of it/this great thing. Nope. Did not happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Matthew 3:11 "I baptise you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

I'm thinking that to be baptised in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit is different from a complete immersion water baptism which is for repentance.

But yep i'm still not sure how to baptise in the name of the Father Son and Spirit. It says to do it so anyhow consider yourselves baptised in part.

So another teaching as a disciple of mine. The first is the Matrix. The second is that I Leeda am a Rockstar. I cameo in the lyrics, like words I first spoke in unique combination and sound now appear in many modern day charting rock songs from about 2001 to 2009.

Now I have no disciples again.

If you want to be my disciple then you must spread the things I say. If they treat me badly don't expect to be treated any better as my disciple.

After telling people about being a rockstar and the matrix they usually never believe and so being a disciple is totally a lost thing. But nevertheless I tell the truth.

There are great rewards for being my disciple and telling others about me. But first there is great suffering in a fight for the truth as I get people to believe.

Alas nobody believes me and I get mocked and i'm left with no disciples.

Be sure to count the cost before becoming my disciple maybe. You can't be my disciple without believing what I say about the matrix and being a rockstar.

So I know that no one right now wants to be my disciple but once the truth comes out i'll have almost everyone. But the thing is you can make it now. Be my disciple before it's cool before the truth comes out.

Do you believe the words I speak?

If you do spread the truth.

So no one believes. I'm left to suffer. I'm on my own. No one is with me.

Why is it so hard for you to believe especially the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Do you believe the words I speak

Sorry I have to wait 300 years after your death, take some books written about you by some of your followers 60 years after your death, hold a council of 300 bishops, wade through miracles attributed to you and then decide what the Church of Leeda will look like (First Council of Nicae circa 325AD)

If your group of disciples fake your death and ascension all the better

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

TheConstruKctionofLight
reply to post by leeda

leeda
Do you believe the words I speak

Sorry I have to wait 300 years after your death, take some books written about you by some of your followers 60 years after your death, hold a council of 300 bishops, wade through miracles attributed to you and then decide what the Church of Leeda will look like (First Council of Nicae circa 325AD)If your group of disciples fake your death and ascension all the better

In 300 years could be competing with Elvis Presley 'the KING of rock and roll'; or Madonna (another great namesake as well). Music becomes scripture; the popular culture 'icons' of different decades became formidible icons (prophets) who knew?
edit on 9-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join