It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic reboot starts with a BOOM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hey Ats people!

It seems the Sonic franchise is getting a reboot!!! The blue hedgehog gets a redesign, a television show and a video game!

Heres the redesign:

The funny new tv series

And the new videogame exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U!! It looks fun and awesome!

I think this reboot seems awesome! The only problem I have is knuckles
He seems to tall and I liked th old design better or at least make him shorter

So Ats, what do you think?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
game looks good, tv series looks more than good enough for the youngins

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Knuckles lay off the steroids man

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sonic the Hedgehog?

More like the Sonic Hog of God I found when I heard the Thistle Whistle over the Hedge.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So you may ask, why is Muzzle convinced Sonic is a mythological motif explaining the mysteries of God and the Universe?
Cuz I talk to Beelzebub the Lord of the Flies. Obviously.

This is just one tidbit:
Sonic Hedgehog

Sonic hedgehog is a protein that in humans is encoded by the SHH (sonic hedgehog) gene.[1]
Sonic hedgehog is one of three proteins in the mammalian signaling pathway family called hedgehog, the others being desert hedgehog (DHH) and Indian hedgehog (IHH). SHH is the best studied ligand of the hedgehog signaling pathway. It plays a key role in regulating vertebrate organogenesis, such as in the growth of digits on limbs and organization of the brain. Sonic hedgehog is the best established example of a morphogen as defined by Lewis Wolpert's French flag model—a molecule that diffuses to form a concentration gradient and has different effects on the cells of the developing embryo depending on its concentration. SHH remains important in the adult. It controls cell division of adult stem cells and has been implicated in development of some cancers.

I heard the Signal from that Hedgehog Pathway (It's important for proper development):
Hedgehog Singaling Pathway

The Hedgehog signaling pathway is a signaling pathway that transmits information to embryonic cells required for proper development. Different parts of the embryo have different concentrations of hedgehog signaling proteins. The pathway also has roles in the adult. Diseases associated with the malfunction of this pathway include basal cell carcinoma.[1]

Now to explain what I mean by what I said:

The hedgehog gene (hh) was first identified in the fruit-fly Drosophila melanogaster in the classic Heidelberg screens of Christiane Nusslein-Volhard and Eric Wieschaus, as published in 1980.[2] These screens, which led to them winning the Nobel Prize in 1995 along with developmental geneticist Edward B. Lewis, identified genes that control the segmentation pattern of the Drosophila embryos. The hh loss of function mutant phenotype causes the embryos to be covered with denticles (small pointy projections), resembling a hedgehog.

Common Fruit Fly

Drosophila melanogaster is a species of Fly (the taxonomic order Diptera) in the family Drosophilidae. The species is known generally as the common fruit fly or vinegar fly. Starting with Charles W. Woodworth's proposal of the use of this species as a model organism, D. melanogaster continues to be widely used for biological research in studies of genetics, physiology, microbial pathogenesis and life history evolution. It is typically used because it is an animal species that is easy to care for, breeds quickly, and lays many eggs.[2]

That Fly must be the "Model we Base our Understand From".
Ain't it crazy?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

I have list all faith in Team Sonic.

I'll wait and see how this pans out but I'm not getting my hopes up. The concept art looks like sub-par trash to me but I'm probably just jaded.

I haven't had any fun with sonic since Sonic 3. All other incantations have been garbage since then, including rush, which was almost unplayable in my opinion.

Good luck.

ETA: Also, why in the name of all things holy is Sonic wearing a Hipster scarf?

No.

I'm out...

edit on Cpm7Friday5320141828Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:53:18 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yeah what's up with the hipster scarf like the poster above me says, that's weird and what the heck is up with knuckles! I am a huge sonic fan and the games haven't been too great, besides the originals of course 1, 2 and 3 and I have to say I LOVE generations that came out a couple of years ago because you can play the originals in it as well as stages from all the different games and I really do like Sonic Heroes for the game cube that's a fun one. one of my faves actually.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Man... Wii exclusive, bummer. If my daughter sees this, we'll have to buy a new console. I'm wanting a PS4, dammit!

As to what Muzzle's saying, I'll have to revisit that.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

My literal first thought was that they should test Knuckles for HGH, lol. Ridiculous art design, but we'll see the game before making a judgement.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Something about these designs just makes me feel they're more a product of market research than artist style, but whatever, I guess they need to keep attracting new audiences. I'd prefer they made more 2D Sonic games though. Maybe I'm just getting old and nostalgic about the old games

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Casualboy100

And the new videogame exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U!! It looks fun and awesome!

As someone who grew up as a kid and a teen during the great 8bit and 16bit console wars of the 80's and 90's (Who converted from the Sega camp to Nintendos with the SNES)... I can officially say now that Hell has indeed frozen over...

If you told anyone back then that a Sonic game would feature on a Nintendo console you'd have been stripped naked lashed with banana peels then placed in a sanitarium.

or laughed at... either or, probably both. What a strange world of wonder we live in (There was the odd loonie who would occasionally say "Hey why doesnt Sega make games for Nintendo and vice versa"... oh how we laughed at them, oh how we laughed
).

top topics

join