It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Buying Coffee Were Like Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

This is a link to a Liveleak video. I'm not sure how to make it link in like YouTube.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
WOW, glad I'm a union worker and my health insurance is negotiated into my wage.
What I find funny is that growing up my dad was not union but we had health insurance. There was no health care emergency.

Companies provided health care.

Was it in the name of profits that health care was dropped from non-union companies creating this health care crisis? Unless I am wrong I believe the govt gave tax breaks to companies to offshore production in order to increase profits. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

My husband is corporate, non-union, and for the time being, we still have employer-provided insurance which is quite good. Whether or not this will continue next year is pretty much a crap-shoot; they say that surveys are predicting about 44% of employers are going to drop health care with some estimates as high as 80%.

Basically, Obamacare makes it punitively expensive for employers to provide health care, and then the fines that are levied for not doing so are much more reasonable. So, you can guess where most employers will jump.

What happened this year is that most people who held their own personal insurance saw their policies get cancelled because they were deemed "inadequate" by HHS in DC, so the insurance companies basically cancelled most of them. The replacement policies are hella expensive and the fine you pay for not being covered is cheaper in most cases, at least this year.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OK I may be naieve on Obama care but will say that I have paid a lot for mine. We pay almost 9 an hour now into our healthcare. That is more than min. wage. But that helps offset the costs of our apprentices, our retirees and those of us that are laid off.

Drats, just realized this is in the jokes forum... but what I said is true lol

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Seeing that made me think that they are not selling you "obamacare-coffee" but a vacuum cleaner you don´t want to have or don´t need.

new topics

top topics

join