It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Planning Military Strikes on Iran Political leaders.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Actually, Isreal has the better military, so they would be favored - and thus not "crazy" if they attacked Iran.

Isreal also has around 100 nuclear weapons at it's disposal as opposed to the 0-8 that Iran may have.

To stay on topic though, if this is indeed the US plan in regards to Iran, they would need to couple the air strikes with a US backed Iranian revolution. Thus, the US would need to get some Green Berets in their to train and equip the revolters. Add to that a SF operation to secure the nuclear sites.

So in total, the whole operation would require about 100-200 US ground forces, plus air support.

Thats probably a much better way to go then full fledged invasion.

Dream on. You just wish somebody would use nukes, don't you?

I certainly don't thinkthe Israeli military can easily hold off Iranian military forces and their entire population...

Also, many Iranians may want reform, but what makes you think they like America? Especially how America pretty much screwed things up in the Persian Gulf in the '80s.

To say Iranians of any kind would help America destroy their own country is like saying Charles Manson helped me save someone's life.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
Corinthas u r my hero =D..that�s right on the spot what you are saying. It�s almost sick joke of sarcasm when you listen us army generals speaking about insurgents and how they bring "freedom" and "liberate" free iraqis. Yah..they liberate them from their lives buy shooting the sh*t out of them. Has anyone ever asked from average iraq citizen that are things better now? Do they want that us troops stay or leave. I doubt that it haven�t been shown at american tv.
-ap

Actually I have asked almost every Iraqi that I have come in contact with and they have all said that it would be devistating if we the soldiers left Iraq. I find it halarious that so many of you armchair world leaders think you know what is really going on. I wish you would come here with us and talk to the Iraqi people. Granted not all of them are happy. Some of them can no longer ride the coat tail of the Tirant Sadam! You should come over here and talk to the Kurds. Listen to them tale the tales of the Sadam loyalist tearing out the tounges of people who spoke out against them. Talk to men who lost their wives and children in mass murder ordere by Sadam. Come look at the bones of a woman that still hold her infant child. Then you look me in the eye and tell me the Iraqi and Kurdish people were better off before us.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Good point. We should also not forget its Foriegners that are the catalyst here. They started the instabilities that are leading to the prolonging of the rebuilding wich in turn builds the resistance. These guys could care less about the Iraqi people, they are using them to push thier own agendas. Whatever they may be.

I hate to admit it, but its an effective method. Its just too bad the Iraqi people cant see it and help stomp these terrorists out.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Good point. We should also not forget its Foriegners that are the catalyst here. They started the instabilities that are leading to the prolonging of the rebuilding wich in turn builds the resistance. These guys could care less about the Iraqi people, they are using them to push thier own agendas. Whatever they may be.

I hate to admit it, but its an effective method. Its just too bad the Iraqi people cant see it and help stomp these terrorists out.

You are exactly right. However the Iraqi people have lived so long with not being able to stand up for themselves that they are scared to stand up against the insurgents. Instead they go home afraid that someone will come take them from their homes.

I will tell you though some are standing up. The Iraqi Army is growing. They fought superbly in Falujah and they are growing confidence by the day. This will be a great country.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ok, suppose, we get a armed confllict inside iran borders, what could be the impact on the oil production?

How much oil from Iran does the u.s. buy currently? I guess the Saoudi would have to sell to the u.s. only to keep everybody happily driving his/her suv and giving the rest of the world the middle finger....

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Is this really fact? I mean really? What reason is there for the US to do this?

Iran has just stopped all nuclear processes, which I think is a shame. They desrve nuclear energy, everyone does. So why attack them? They have NEVER invaded another country, so why do they consider them a threat?

If they do attack Iran, then damn the American government to hell. What goes around, comes around. Any retaliation on America, any time in the future would be highly deserved.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Is this really fact? I mean really? What reason is there for the US to do this?

Iran has just stopped all nuclear processes, which I think is a shame. They desrve nuclear energy, everyone does. So why attack them? They have NEVER invaded another country, so why do they consider them a threat?

If they do attack Iran, then damn the American government to hell. What goes around, comes around. Any retaliation on America, any time in the future would be highly deserved.

Hey! Don't question the sovereign power of the United States of America!!!

Anyway, we'll probably seeing a massive deployment of U.S. ground forces on the border with Iran within the next few months. Too bad so many of our soldiers have to die.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

And you think America cares about the Iraqi people?

If we do, prove it.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
How much oil from Iran does the u.s. buy currently? I guess the Saoudi would have to sell to the u.s. only to keep everybody happily driving his/her suv and giving the rest of the world the middle finger....

Iran hasn't sold a drop of oil to the U.S. since the 1979 revolution. This is one of the biggest reasons America has such a huge grudge against Iran, because America lost a huge ally.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So, we europeans and the chinese would be pretty screwed if a war in iran leads to destroction or suspension of oilfields overthere, I better bring some extra jerrycans to the gasstation while I still can..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join