It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Planning Military Strikes on Iran Political leaders.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Marge, the mechanics of the Iranian goverment may be sound, but that does denote it to being a viable forum of true representative democracy. Iran does have a problem with Islamic fundamentalists spewing propaganda and ordering the execution of anyone who fails to see eye to eye in every realm of life. These people, though, can be found within in every country the world over; Christian fundamentalists in America have a disposition of pushing Christian ethos in the government and schools; Sikh fundamentalists, in the state of Punjab, do the same as the Iranians and "shutup" anyone who does not agree with thier mental composure, being raised in a Sikh family, I can tell you first hand that "questioning" is beyong the question; Buddhist expremists in Shri-Lanka have burned countless Christians Churches -- then run around India asking for donations ! These "wackos" are everywhere, we need to keep a tab on all of them, not just one creed.

Another issue rasied time after time is that, as I have mentioned, of the death penality being harshly serviced to juvenile offenders and others under privy. This occurs in America aswell, take a skim through this site to see how America has done the same 'dirty deed' as Iranians have. Some in America are for and against these deeds, it's not the entire populace.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

As in America, Iran, too, has some who opose such harsh measures on those who are not deserving of it. The following link should be used in bivalance: the Government does seem to be logical and reasonable regarding certain cases; there are those in Iran, with a strong following, who "may" lead to a civil war and internal change in the infrastructure.

www.detnews.com...

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran's Supreme Court has lifted the death sentence ordered in the case of a university professor whose sentencing provoked nationwide demonstrations, one of the judges who heard his appeal said Friday.

Hashem Aghajari, a history professor at Tehran's Teachers Training University, had been condemned to death for insulting Islam and questioning clerical rule during a speech in June.

No not really. Iran is nothing more than a glorified terrorist camp. There are exceptions to every rule and if we have definite proof of nuclear weapons in Iran and we cannot reach a diplomatic resolution on the matter the best action may just be a regime change.

See article above. There is no reason to NOT allow it's freedom to build nuclear technology. America wants to remain the Global powerhouse in every realm of life, and it will, in utter hubris and vehemence, do ANYTHING to insure this.

If the U.S. does attack Iran, I'am quite confident China will have something to SAY about this...

Deep

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ok how bad is the structural governmen of Iran?

Government
Iran is a theocratic Islamic republic governed under the constitution of 1979, as revised in 1989, when presidential powers were expanded and the post of prime minister eliminated. Appointed, rather than elected, offices and bodies hold the real power in the government. The supreme leader, who effectively serves as the chief of state, is appointed for life by an Islamic religious advisory board (the Assembly of Experts). The supreme leader oversees the military and judiciary and appoints members of the Guardian Council and the Expediency Discernment Council. The former, some of whose members are appointed by the judiciary and approved by parliament, works in close conjunction with the government and must approve both candidates for political office and legislation passed by parliament. The latter is a body responsible for resolving disputes between parliament and the Guardian Council over legislation. The president, who is popularly elected for a four-year term, serves as the head of government. The legislative branch consists of the 290-seat Islamic consultative assembly, or parliament, whose members are elected by popular vote for four-year terms.

Now it seems to me like a very put together governemnt, and they do have elections.

America's grudge against Iran is a result of the fact they don't put up with our government any longer. Interestingly enough, America didn't show much respect to Iran in the 1980s either.

Iran is an oppressive society. However, it is nowhere near the downright totalitarianism that was Iraq and still is Saudi Arabia, North Korea, etc. Aside from public executions, Iran is an okay place. All my Persian friends tell me that.

Looks like Bush can't use morality to back up an invasion into Iran. And Iran is a nation respected by many. Wonder why ignorant American bigots never make fun of Persians like they do Arabs? lol

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
On another note, if we do go to war, it's gonna be big, and Bush is gonna actually need to declare war this time. No "resolution" is gonna give him a green light on this one.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have many Persian freinds aswell, and they never speak ill of Iran in any manner, in fact, they always ask me to go back with them ! I've always wanted to travel to Iran. My language has many Persian words in them -- among many other languages, Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, 14 in total -- and I would not be surprised if my blood did either..

I don't see the Iranian government holding mass executions, overtly supporting terrorism, or anything detrimental to western society -- other than not allowing western materialism and other crap. And if terrorists were traveling through Iran, that does not denote to Government involvment, it just simply states that terrorist traveld through Iran, like they traveled through Boston to get to New-York...

Deep

[edit on 22-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
ZeroDeep,

Iran does hold lots of public executions, but that's about as evil as capital punishment.

Iran, at least in the Khomenei days, did openly support international terrorism. However, again, it was more due to the policies that were taken against Iran as a result of the 1979 Revolution than anything else.

And just like Saudi Arabia, the Shah of Iran was incredibly brutal during his reign of the empire. I wonder why there was a revolution...

Again, much of the Arab world may be looked down upon, but Iran is a nation that is respected by much of the world, Western and Eastern. Bush is gonna need to be really creative to justify an invasion of Iran.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I personally think Bush will attack Iran before the spring. If Israel attacks Iran it would cause conflict with many other countries, more then with just the US attacking anyway. Last week there was a big call up of troops, retired ones I believe. Somethings brewing

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
I personally think Bush will attack Iran before the spring. If Israel attacks Iran it would cause conflict with many other countries, more then with just the US attacking anyway. Last week there was a big call up of troops, retired ones I believe. Somethings brewing

Israel is insane if it's gonna attack Iran.

Question, does the U.S. currently have plans in store to invade Iran? An OPLAN or something? I have been searching and cannot find an OPLAN calling for invasion of Iran. Which surprises me, considering all the skirmishes between the U.S. and Iran in the 1980s.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I can't think of a way to make Iran's leadership more popular, and to build more national resolve to create nukes, than to perform airstrikes on the country.

Also, 'regime change' via aerial bombing has zero precedent of actually working.

Like any government, leaders in key positions can quickly be replaced by loyal lieutenants and aides.

The raid to be effective would have to be massive and stealthy, with no advance warning. If there's advance warning, the leadership disappears to safety. If it's prolounged, thorough bombardment, the country goes under martial law for awhile.

No aerial campaign has ever destroyed a country's government.

Think of how people reacted to 9/11. 90% + approval ratings for Bush. This, after the country had a 50 / 50 election, and was followed by a 49/51 election. That means that 80% of the people who voted against him supported him when our country was under attack, even though they didn't agree in all areas.

Would Persians feel any different? Nope. People looking to exploit the attacks in a revolution would be a minority, and they would be viewed as traitors. What would you have done soon after 9/11 to people running around, cheering and trying to overthrow the US government?

In strategy, whether it be a chess game, car sale, or military force, it's important to get into the other guy's head to formulate a winning plan. I don't see an aerial strike on the country's leadership to have a succesful outcome.

Iranian national unity was heightened after the failure of Operation Eagle Claw.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
True or false
Russia has placed its latest EXTREMELY deadly SS-N-22 crusie missile capable of carrying a nulcear warhead, 200 kiloton, at around about Mach 3, capable of hitting the isreal capital in 3 minutes or less. -

Would the American's risk invading Iran while the Russians have just recently placed these new missiles in Iran, or are they that stupid ? these missiles have the ability to destroy an entire carrier with no trouble.

Anybody have any idea about thisss ???

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, color me surprised!

I think a lot of us knew for months at least that Iran was the next one up on the USA's hit list. Can the gummint make itself a little more obvious?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Question, does the U.S. currently have plans in store to invade Iran? An OPLAN or something? I have been searching and cannot find an OPLAN calling for invasion of Iran. Which surprises me, considering all the skirmishes between the U.S. and Iran in the 1980s.

Right, it would be crazy for Israel to attack.

I'm sure US has plans, but they would have to be very quiet about it. If Iran knew US was about to attack, they would nuke Israel, if they do have nukes.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Right, it would be crazy for Israel to attack.

I'm sure US has plans, but they would have to be very quiet about it. If Iran knew US was about to attack, they would nuke Israel, if they do have nukes.

Actually, Isreal has the better military, so they would be favored - and thus not "crazy" if they attacked Iran.

Isreal also has around 100 nuclear weapons at it's disposal as opposed to the 0-8 that Iran may have.

To stay on topic though, if this is indeed the US plan in regards to Iran, they would need to couple the air strikes with a US backed Iranian revolution. Thus, the US would need to get some Green Berets in their to train and equip the revolters. Add to that a SF operation to secure the nuclear sites.

So in total, the whole operation would require about 100-200 US ground forces, plus air support.

Thats probably a much better way to go then full fledged invasion.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Anyone remember a car bomb in Beirut in the 80's? It wasn't a terror attack killing innocent civilians just to get to a cleric... it was a CIA attack killing innocent civilians just to get to a cleric so that makes it OK!

No terror here!

Funny how the terminology changes depending on who is doing the killing.

When the US targets leaders its a "mitary strike" if anyone outside the coalition against terror does something like it.. it's called terror!
Magic how that works...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Corinthas u r my hero =D..that�s right on the spot what you are saying. It�s almost sick joke of sarcasm when you listen us army generals speaking about insurgents and how they bring "freedom" and "liberate" free iraqis. Yah..they liberate them from their lives buy shooting the sh*t out of them. Has anyone ever asked from average iraq citizen that are things better now? Do they want that us troops stay or leave. I doubt that it haven�t been shown at american tv.
-ap

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
99 percent of the world thinks iran is after nukes, I mean, i know I would want to have them with the american schoolyard bully around....

While I don't like the ayatollahs one bit, you got to hand it to them, they are shruwd world domination plotters, been walking quietly, working on their big stick...

The iranians are well aware of the american/israeli abillities to knock out targets from the air, so they probably have used a combination of heavily dispersed fake and hidden targets, in that case airstrikes would not to the job and need to be backed up by ground invasion, or political decapitation strategies.

Well, at least a full scale attack would confirm if they already have nukes

A full scale strike should have to take place soon othererwise they WILL have them nukes, nobody believes the iranians, a country, sitting on top of large oil reserves, is giving up on their "peacefull" nuclear program, for once Powell is right, but he already lost his credibillity when he tried to convince the world of iraqi WMD...

BTW:, 2 weeks ago there was some news about a mysterious submarine near the israeli coast, suppose it was iranian or north-korean sub?

I mean, clearly the israeli are armed to the teeth and have the most battle experienced army around and many nukes, but on the other hand, it's a small country, it takes only 2-3 nukes to make large parts uninhabitable....

Does MAD also deter religious motivated suicide bombers?

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If it hasnt been mentioned already: Bush IS planning to attack and he doesnt need to wait to find more troops. He just needs to use his Middle Eastern army: Isreal. You will see a US/Isreali force attacking Iran inside of 6 months.

Details of my prediction:

- US air strikes. The US Air force and Navy is relativly idle right now, its all ground in Iraq.
- Once the air is controled by the US and Isrealis, there will be a Naval assault by the US. Tomahawks and cannon fire from the coast on military targets.
- Primarily Isreali ground force with intergrated US special forces will conduct specific target operations, in and out fast kind of stuff
- There wont be a massive ground assault. The idea wont be to occupy or destroy the Military. The objective would be to cripple Irans Nuke program and offensive military abilities. I.e. missles and airforces.

And thats it my friends. Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is the way its going to happen. Dubya has an agenda and he wont be stopped. His "justification" for all of this is in high gear. Dont forget that good ole' Dubya was taking forces from Tommy Franks for the Irqai invasion many months before he even mentioned an invasion of Iraq was a possibility to the public.

Its going to get ugly, real ugly....

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It is the next logical step to take over the world the US.

1. Iran is invaded or air strikes occur.
2. Iran responds by launching 3 of the missles not destryoed in inital air strikes.
3. Israel is leveled, 3,000,000 dead.
4. Israel nukes Iran.
5. US cleans up.
6. next......

Scary part is the fact that the EU is growing larger and fartehr from us and they do not want another war, Russia is back in Cold War mode, and China is looking for resources to keep it's nation growing instead of starving itself out. Iran is the next logical step, and we should be there by hte end of 2005. I think our view is to keep it far away from our homeland and fight on another front.....

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We will all know it is close when CNN makes a special background
for Iran that we are close to striking it seems like once they make a
special logo or background for something we attack or get more involved than we should ..

Yeah I know it's a long shot but something I noticed.

geo

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Im with Geo on this one. Of course, you can say Fox too, considering they work for Dubya they ought to know...

[edit on 23-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
Corinthas u r my hero =D

Noo!

I'm not a hero...

I'm not even a man.. I dress up in secret and eat cheese.. I'm a mouse..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join