It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to test a philosophy (or religion) which claims to bring happiness (or peace)... and the philoso

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

arpgme
If the teachings (philosophy/religion) are telling you that by following it, you will be fulfilled, it is important to see if the creator is living by it full of happiness (or peace). It is also important to see if the followers are full of happiness and peace, because its followers determines the success rate, and thus, the reliability of the teachings.

The root of suffering is feeling lack. The more things you want, the more unhappy you will feel. The less you want, the more satisfied you will feel. What was the life of the original creators of these teachings? We cannot know for sure, but we do know that there are some people today who live by these things with more happiness in their lives. In fact, there was a scientific study that shows that, those who live by appreciation, focusing more on the joy of what they have, rather than the passion of what they don't, are happier [1]. Where there was once feelings of wanting and lacking, slowly it became replaced by feelings of gratitude and therefore happiness increased.

In order to feel happy, you have to feel satisfied. You have to feel like you have everything you need and want in this moment, as there is more and more focus on what you 'have' and what is 'available to you', but less and less focus on what you 'lack', you will feel much more happier in life.

Regardless of what comes and leaves your life, if you feel that you have something, even if it is just the air that you breathe, the feelings of lack and dissatisfaction will be replaced by satisfaction in that moment. The more that you hold on to the thought that you have what you need in the moment, the more happier you will be.

I get your point but i think in another way: regardless of what you think you need, what you must do is to make a positive judgment of your present moment.
The question is: do i like my life right now?
You may even feel that you need something but if you like it that way its fine.

The question is: do i like my life right now? If you find reasons to like it, then you are happy, even if you lack something...

The critical factor is the positive judgment, the like.. Like in facebook lolol

Just like it and its alright, eve if you need something.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join