It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What and When is the Next Coming World Catastrophe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
When will the stuff hit the fan?

No matter how you look at it, the reality of some kind of looming global catastrophe is likely as real as the fact you are reading this right now. You don’t need to be, nor should you be, a fatalist to see it coming. Nuclear war? Terrorism at a major event? An meteor/comet/asteroid impact? Financial ruin?

Only four of hundreds of scenarios.

Those who have read my posts know I am concerned for my children and the kind of world they are growing up in. I only hope they get the chance to become full adults and live a life free of as much fear mongering as possible (not to mention actual disasters).

Here is the question: can any responsible person actually believe there WON’T be some world-changing event in the near future, and what do you think the most likely culprit will be? When do you think it will happen?

I’m actually a little more optimistic than it sounds because I believe in the good in man. Unfortunately, we have all seen evil and natural disasters enough to know something WILL happen, but what and when? Is there any chance my children will get the happy, relatively care-free lives they deserve as they are innocent of any ill will towards anyone?

I want to believe, but realistically I have to be concerned and try to prepare. What do you think I could best use my time preparing for? And of course, I wish for us all to be able to plan for the worst, but hope for the best.

All input is appreciated.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Those who have read my posts know I am concerned for my children and the kind of world they are growing up in. I only hope they get the chance to become full adults and live a life free of as much fear mongering as possible (not to mention actual disasters).

Why don't you take your own hopes and start now instead of promoting it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Do or Do Not!....YODA

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

IMHO, as a great-grandma: You don't have to worry, whatever hits the fan, because if your son is sending prayers to God, then you've already done the greatest one thing you can do in this life for your child. That is to give them a belief and trust in our Creator - who, after all, is in full control; although it may not seem like it from our very limited viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There have been several threads about loud explosions and booming noises in the last week or two. Such as Missouri and Tennesee . I'd have to check the archives to see how many threads were done. There were even threads about ice quakes.

We are also possibly entering the Maunder Minimum which typically preceded mini ice ages in the past. This winter up here in the Dakotas is extremely colder than our normal with many records being broken. Also our weather has been harder to predict for local meteorologists, especially during what should be the stable times of the year (winter/summer).

My bet is on mini ice age as next looming disaster with all of its unprecedented volatile weather all over the USA and world.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes just too many risk factors all reaching critical tipping points at once. Overpopulation being primary and feeding many of these other risks. Terrorists getting more clever with maybe bombs inserted into human bodies, and some totally overlooked risk factors- like over the last million years, 90% of the time the earth has been in ice ages with brief 10,000 year +/- temperate period like now. This pattern 8-9 times in last 1 mil years. So while human ancestors lived through these ice ages, they did so in very low numbers, and mostly near the the equator. We have no hope of billions of people living in an ice age if it comes any time soon.

It could flip to very cold in weeks, years, or centuries, but very high probability. The current debate over man-made global warming ignores this issue totally, with a naive belief by many that the climate will stay as it is if only humans stop mucking it up. No it won't even if we are not a factor. My message is that climate has always changed, and in big swings, and its due to larger factors like orbit wobbles, sun output cycles, or even galaxy forces not understood,like dark matter and dark energy interactions.

Sad but this most probable threat of all is totally ignored by all- a return to an ice age. Yet so many other immediate risk factors, diseases (prion, deadly pandemic flu, etc). Nano tech and other biotech safety breaches, loss of complex ecosystems greatly reducing food supplies (like dead oceans), radiation, etc., etc., .... too many risk factors to leave high probability of "let the good times roll..." Sad for our kids and for most life forms.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Fukushima which is irradiating the planet and the governments of the world seem wholly unconcerned; climate change which is ramping up to make large swaths of the planet relatively uninhabitable and ruining food production areas, and several large country's economic situation going blooey.

A large asteroid is the least of our problems, human stupidity outranks it by miles.

Oh, and that 'god' fix? He better hurry up and show himself, y'think? I fail to see the difference between NO GOD and 'god answers your prayers, but sometimes the answer is no...'

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

retsdeeps1
Yes just too many risk factors all reaching critical tipping points at once. Overpopulation being primary and feeding many of these other risks. Terrorists getting more clever with maybe bombs inserted into human bodies, and some totally overlooked risk factors- like over the last million years, 90% of the time the earth has been in ice ages with brief 10,000 year +/- temperate period like now. This pattern 8-9 times in last 1 mil years. So while human ancestors lived through these ice ages, they did so in very low numbers, and mostly near the the equator. We have no hope of billions of people living in an ice age if it comes any time soon.

It could flip to very cold in weeks, years, or centuries, but very high probability. The current debate over man-made global warming ignores this issue totally, with a naive belief by many that the climate will stay as it is if only humans stop mucking it up. No it won't even if we are not a factor. My message is that climate has always changed, and in big swings, and its due to larger factors like orbit wobbles, sun output cycles, or even galaxy forces not understood,like dark matter and dark energy interactions.

Sad but this most probable threat of all is totally ignored by all- a return to an ice age. Yet so many other immediate risk factors, diseases (prion, deadly pandemic flu, etc). Nano tech and other biotech safety breaches, loss of complex ecosystems greatly reducing food supplies (like dead oceans), radiation, etc., etc., .... too many risk factors to leave high probability of "let the good times roll..." Sad for our kids and for most life forms.

OMG!!!

Great minds do think alike....ice age was my answer too...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

samstone11
When will the stuff hit the fan?

...../

Here is the question: can any responsible person actually believe there WON’T be some world-changing event in the near future, and what do you think the most likely culprit will be? When do you think it will happen?

I’m actually a little more optimistic than it sounds because I believe in the good in man. Unfortunately, we have all seen evil and natural disasters enough to know something WILL happen, but what and when? Is there any chance my children will get the happy, relatively care-free lives they deserve as they are innocent of any ill will towards anyone?

I want to believe, but realistically I have to be concerned and try to prepare. What do you think I could best use my time preparing for? And of course, I wish for us all to be able to plan for the worst, but hope for the best.

All input is appreciated.

I was an undying optimist once LOL, well, that was before I got shot or saw men disemboweled or saw real torture or saw the government and universities cover up their tax and public funds frauds using the CRA and the Superior court or saw Harper strip away our rights faster than he is stripping away the resources in Canada. I guess that makes me a cynic now and a bit callous from what I have seen and done, regardless, no one in their right mind should be believing that something nasty isn't coming.

Personally, I see full on financial collapse followed immediately by a war. I expect the financial collapse will be blamed on another country and for that, the government will need a false flag they can blame on that other country (something like Donald Rumsfeld and the missing 2 trillion dollars from the Pentagon the day before 9/11). But it'll be a big one, I figure multiple cities and that is why the Iran rhetoric is ramping up. It's easier to control a smaller population and multiple simultaneous targeting by the government, oh, I meant terrorist organization, could reduce the US population by 40 to 50%. If I were younger and knew what I know, I would never bring a child into this world now. Any kids/grandkids you have already, teach them to think critically and to do everything without the use of machines.

That's a line I use a lot, prepare for the worst but hope for the best. There are lots of good survival threads on ATS, you just need to look them up ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kissyface

Yes kissyface... BTW. great name... great mind... and utter humility (well, no ones perfect- speaking of myself that is)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Oh, and that 'god' fix? He better hurry up and show himself, y'think? I fail to see the difference between NO GOD and 'god answers your prayers, but sometimes the answer is no...'

Hurry up? Think that ship sailed several centuries ago. Little late now, yeah. Only by a few centuries though, Just a minor misdemeanor, really.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm most concerned about runaway global warming, to where the planet becomes like venus. Not that I think it's the most likely to happen, but it's the one that would completely obliterate all life and all traces there had ever been life on the planet.

I do think we are in for some definite catastrophic climate changes in the very near future, and that Florida is definitely toast within the next ten years, tops, it will be underwater.

I am also concerned about a global pandemic, one that is so severe it would cause staffing shortages in nuclear power plants, causing some to go into meltdown mode.

A large New Madrid quake could have the same effect, as well as release tons of toxic and deadly chemicals throughout the region, killing hundreds of thousands.

And of course money could become worthless and all govt services could cease, leading to a panic and a worldwide depression.

Then there is always Peak Oil..

those are the kinds of things that keep me up at night.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If we don't start managing our resources better, we will be dealing with a lot of turmoil because we destroyed the environment. If someone thinks I am just going to roll over and cry and give my survival spot to some scientist, rich person, or government official, they are mistaken. I am not a meek person at heart, I will go out protecting my grandchildren and children from others who would want them to die instead of themselves. This means I will probably die protecting my family from others, that is not breaking the law.

This problem may not materialize till after I have died, it could be years from now. In that case, I will make sure they know how to provide for themselves, I can teach the grandchildren how to grow food and hunt and fish.

A collapse of the economy can be survived especially by communities that work together. A collapse of the foodchain will get ugly. I am not particularly interested in eating people, I like eating animals that are vegetarians. I personally think the amount of toxins in humans would kill someone if you were to eat them on a regular basis.

A major disaster won't probably be worldwide. There will be places to move to....then those places full of the people who caused this to happened can be nuked.
Well, if they are going to leave their bombs behind, we can send them to them airmail.

Just kidding, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to launch a nuke and have no interest in those bombs.
edit on 6-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The next apocalypse will come in the form of a massive & extreme beer shortage during the period of September-October 2014...

It will happen quickly, and we will be witness to the complete devastation of civilization as we know it.

We're doomed - now we just need to come to grips with it...
edit on 6-2-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Most ' scenarios ' ( that don't involve total planet destruction ) have things in common.
Teach the kids how to move safely through obstacles . This can be a game for all ages , if you're creative. You don't need bombed out buildings or destroyed bridges in the back yard to learn.
Fear of heights is often overlooked in thoughts of survival . If you start today - your kid might pull your own lame ass out of a situation someday ( no offence intended ).
Teach them compass and basic orienteering... this can be fun !
Drive down a country lane ( or a city street ) and say, ' these people look friendlier than those '... and ' why '.
So forth.
The kids will be out of your hands someday.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

coldkidc
The next apocalypse will come in the form of a massive & extreme beer shortage during the period of September-October 2014...

It will happen quickly, and we will be witness to the complete devastation of civilization as we know it.

We're doomed - now we just need to come to grips with it...
edit on 6-2-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

That's the last straw... I'm preppin'.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I think the next 2 years will set people who know the truth into overdrive, events politically control the outcome of wars and terrorist attacks etc (false flag or genuine), the extreme weather all over the world is controlled by God and is a necessary evil as it will force non believers to think (even for a second) is this his doing, at that point God HAS entered there life but its up to them to carry the belief on and to grow in faith, and the weather will get worse so you need to protect your family from that believer or otherwise.

Wars wont occur in the West of the world as economically it would bring the rest of the world to a stand still so the West of the world will be brought to a standstill economically!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by retsdeeps1

Overpopulation???? take a look out of a plane next time your in one theres loads of room for everyone on this planet, TPTB just want you to live in a city/town so your easily controlled and easier to round up.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In my Opinion:

a massive Pandemic Flu will do the first Extinction Level Event.
Hunger will do the next Step.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Usually happens the other way round, hunger weakens people and they fall victim to a pandemic.

My guess is financial collapse - whatever it is that will bring it on. This will be followed by all the other stuff like riots, police state, hunger, de-population and a leader offering the answers rising up and taking all the power that people are only too ready to offer him by that stage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join